What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Installed class 3 hitch by myself . Took me an hour including prep and cleanup. I also had to use 2 jack stands to hold the hitch in place during the installation.

Took it through a non touch car wash, just the cheap $5 one, it was dusty.
CorckSport interior LED light kit arrived today, installed that too, I made a thread on the appearance forum

First car wash by hand. Need a step stool to reach the roof!
Hope that doesn't mean that you previously ran her through an automated car wash.

Yes, unless you're 6'8", a step ladder is a definite requirement. Like your choice of color.

Yes, unless you're 6'8", a step ladder is a definite requirement.
Not true; I'm 5'11" and can just reach the centerline of the roof with a large-ish wash mitt. (Although I seriously considered lowering springs partly to make this task easier!) It's that roof rack that's the deal-killer. I'm amazed at how many buyers get this option without any intention of ever using them!

Not true; I'm 5'11" and can just reach the centerline of the roof with a large-ish wash mitt. (Although I seriously considered lowering springs partly to make this task easier!) It's that roof rack that's the deal-killer. I'm amazed at how many buyers get this option without any intention of ever using them!

There was only one 2014 GT Crystal White w/ tech in the whole state of Florida when I bought mine and it came from the factory with roof rails, mud guards, and wheel locks. They weren't a necessity for me, but considering the work involved in installing the roof rails I didn't mind that they already on the car.

I'm 5'9" and use the 2 step plastic stool to wash roof. I required a CX without roof rack for a cleaner look. If I carry snow skis I fold down one of rear seats and use zippered ski bags.

I'm 5'10" and I use a small stool to stand on for the roof with a large sheepskin wash mitt.

Hope that doesn't mean that you previously ran her through an automated car wash.

Yes, unless you're 6'8", a step ladder is a definite requirement. Like your choice of color.

Nope, always wash my cars by hand. Since I have roof racks I need to get a wash mitt extension or stool. This is my wife’s car but since my 328 is not good for Home Depot trips I steal it when I can! This is also our first Mazda and I am really impressed so far.

Well, the you go. Sometimes an inch can make all the difference!

I could have worn platform shoes, but I don't have any.

Standard car wash shoes in warm weather are flip flops.

I'm 6ft exactly and stand on a plastic stool to clean the roof, the stool is about 8 inches high and it's still a stretch.
Don't they still have some of those old medieval racks collecting dust in someone's collection over there? Maybe you can find one on ebay/UK.(wink)

Added an Android sticker.
13+-+1

Tomorrow will be a busy day, getting a bunch of stuff delivered.

Last edited:
Installed:
Hood Edge Protector (I thought this was a deflector, but just a protector, it uses 4 tabs that go under the hood, and the top part uses double sided tape that's preinstalled)
OEM Crossbars
Cargo Tray (very high quality, it even goes into the side pockets too)
Cargo Net
All Weather Mats

Misc comment: I've always had white cars, this CX-5 Stormy Blue Mica is my first 'colored' car, and wow, it gets dusty so easily!!!!!!!!!

Pics:
IMG_20130423_175346.jpg

IMG_20130423_175432.jpg

Last edited:
I
Misc comment: I've always had white cars, this CX-5 Stormy Blue Mica is my first 'colored' car, and wow, it gets dusty so easily!!!!!!!!!
I had 3 black cars in a row and now only go with colors that disguise dust and dirt. OTOH, the dark colors look very sexy right after you detail them.... albeit for a short period of time.

Back