What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Put the summer wheels on for the first time since i got this.
Obviously i had to give it a good wash too :)

902945_10151337015336109_1009886244_o.jpg

Cleaned the winter wheels properly before hanging them on my garage wall.
Bilt-Hamber Korrosol in action as the last step.
904104_10151336994016109_1103099698_o.jpg

10 days ago i went and got me a caravan, was snowing like h...
881930_10151322884196109_770064811_o.jpg

1 week before that, was summer again, out getting some wall panels for the bedroom i was redecorating.
893873_10151305257101109_86747985_o.jpg

Last edited:
Brought her in for the complimentary 1000 mile check up. Had all 4 wheels re-balanced and now she's riding like she should have from day1.

Added chrome trim to the headlights and brake lights, surprisingly look very very good. Just one thing with the headlight trim was that they cover part of the amber trim for the turn signals (there's a little square cutout so you can see the amber bulb light up). Looks great overall, if anyone was curious how it looked on a black CX-5 I will take some pics and try to post them tonight.

Just had Paint Protection film installed on the front fascia, headlights, side mirrors, door handle cups, and rear bumper. (Xpel Ultimate). I got it done at a window tinting place near where I work and they did a phenomenal job.

Added chrome trim to the headlights and brake lights, surprisingly look very very good. Just one thing with the headlight trim was that they cover part of the amber trim for the turn signals (there's a little square cutout so you can see the amber bulb light up). Looks great overall, if anyone was curious how it looked on a black CX-5 I will take some pics and try to post them tonight.

Yes, please!

My wife's grand touring will be a week old this Saturday, but this morning I am taking her in for a full roof rail, and mud flap install at the dealer. I will also be picking up a set of all weather mats that they owe me. I am really happy with the extra performance of the 2.5 so far.

Cargo cover should be arriving today. If I can make time I'm going to be bringing it in at some point this weekend to get the front clear bra'd and the front windows tinted.

Cargo cover should be arriving today. If I can make time I'm going to be bringing it in at some point this weekend to get the front clear bra'd and the front windows tinted.
Are you getting 3M ceremic tint? It blocks out 80% of the heat.
I had all 10 windows (32% front 2 & clear on the rest) in the CX-5 with it & the car interior is not hot in the sun.
Best $500 I've ever spent.

Are you getting 3M ceremic tint? It blocks out 80% of the heat.
I had all 10 windows (32% front 2 & clear on the rest) in the CX-5 with it & the car interior is not hot in the sun.
Best $500 I've ever spent.

I can't remember what the shop uses, but I'm pretty sure it's 3M. You had the windshield done too? I was thinking of just having a thin band done at the top like on the CX-9:

2010_Mazda_CX-9_--_03-14-2010.jpg

I gotta see if the shop can do a straight line across the windshield like that. If they can I'll have them do it. If it's one of those ones where the tint curves from the middle of the windshield to the edges I won't have them do it.

Yes, please!

Here are the pics

dsc01293v.jpg

dsc01294gs.jpg

dsc01295ei.jpg

dsc01296lp.jpg

dsc01297w.jpg

dsc01298.JPG

dsc01300iv.jpg

Last edited:
I can't remember what the shop uses, but I'm pretty sure it's 3M. You had the windshield done too? I was thinking of just having a thin band done at the top like on the CX-9:

2010_Mazda_CX-9_--_03-14-2010.jpg

I gotta see if the shop can do a straight line across the windshield like that. If they can I'll have them do it. If it's one of those ones where the tint curves from the middle of the windshield to the edges I won't have them do it.
I'm not talking about the strip on the top. I had my entire front windshield tinted with clear 3M ceramic tint. I basically put a heat shield in all the windows so the sun's heat won't penetrate the windows. Regular tint only blocks light coming in, not heat. The ceramic tint blocks 80% of it.
The guy had a heat lamp to demonstrate and I can feel the difference.
So that is I why had all the windows tinted with ceramic tint, clear on the windshield, all back factory windows and 32% on the front two windows.

Plastic-dip'ed all the rear badges and emblem, will do the front Mazda emblem tomorrow. I love the look of the flat black badges on the meteor grey.

Wow crisp photos.

1 week before that, was summer again, out getting some wall panels for the bedroom i was redecorating.
893873_10151305257101109_86747985_o.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Added a carbon fiber bumper guard to go along with the CF theme I am working on.

Last edited:
Added a carbon fiber bumper guard to go along with the CF theme I am working on.
I used clear film on my SkyBlue bumper and am happy with it. Your's is a great alternative and certainly better than what Mazda offers!

Back