What have you done to your CX-5 today?

The dealer threw in the OEM all-weather mats on my car. After living with them through a couple of snow events, I'm sad to say I'm less than enthusiastic about them. Since I'm not out any cash for them (sorta), I may spring for the Weather Techs, at least in the front where the most traffic is for me. I want something that gives more complete coverage, including the dead pedal.

I do like the OEM cargo tray, though.

The dealer threw in the OEM all-weather mats on my car. After living with them through a couple of snow events, I'm sad to say I'm less than enthusiastic about them. Since I'm not out any cash for them (sorta), I may spring for the Weather Techs, at least in the front where the most traffic is for me. I want something that gives more complete coverage, including the dead pedal.

I do like the OEM cargo tray, though.

I got the weather tech's for the front they are nice

Curt class 2 hitch installed and used my REI dividend and annual 20% off to get the Thule T2! Time to ride, suckas!

Had SunTek 35% window tint installed on the two front windows looks and feels great (yippy)

Last edited:
I'm a brand-new 2014 Red CX5 Sport owner (as of this past Saturday). Today I drove my car to work, and forced coworkers to admire it in the parking lot. I'm not sure it did much for the car, but it made me happy! So far, I have ordered that nice black leather key fob protector that someone linked here, and am making a wish list on what to do next. If I had an extra $1000 to throw at the car, I believe it would happily gobble it up and ask for just a bit more, but I am having to actually prioritize what I want. If anyone has any suggestions for my list, please let me know!
1 - Body molding from Dawn Enterprises - my work lot is HORRIBLE for door dings
2 - Front and rear splash guards, and door sill protectors (from China - I'm willing to save some $$$)
3 - Window tinting (I live in Missouri. It's hot!)
4 - Cargo mat & all weather floor mats
I love my new CX5 for sure, but I do miss my '03 Protege that I traded in for it. I know she went to a good home, and I got an excellent price. I am definitely ready to admit that I'm old - I am already loving driving an automatic after 20+ years with a stick. This is my car for the next 10 years, and I hope we will be as happy together as me and the Protege were =)

Last edited:
Kyrana - Welcome and congrats on the new CX-5 Sport (automatic, a good one at that).

I'm a brand-new 2014 Red CX5 Sport owner (as of this past Saturday). Today I drove my car to work, and forced coworkers to admire it in the parking lot. I'm not sure it did much for the car, but it made me happy! So far, I have ordered that nice black leather key fob protector that someone linked here, and am making a wish list on what to do next. If I had an extra $1000 to throw at the car, I believe it would happily gobble it up and ask for just a bit more, but I am having to actually prioritize what I want. If anyone has any suggestions for my list, please let me know!
1 - Body molding from Dawn Enterprises - my work lot is HORRIBLE for door dings
2 - Front and rear splash guards, and door sill protectors (from China - I'm willing to save some $$$)
3 - Window tinting (I live in Missouri. It's hot!)
4 - Cargo mat & all weather floor mats
I love my new CX5 for sure, but I do miss my '03 Protege that I traded in for it. I know she went to a good home, and I got an excellent price. I am definitely ready to admit that I'm old - I am already loving driving an automatic after 20+ years with a stick. This is my car for the next 10 years, and I hope we will be as happy together as me and the Protege were =)

Good luck with your car. I also have a new 2014 Crystal Pearl White, and I have done only four things that are important (to me)
1. OEM All Weather mats
2. Cargo tray
3. OEM door sills
4. SunTek CXP 35 front windows tint

Save some money for when you need a set of new tires, they are expensive (4 Toyo tires $1,000)

Today I picked up a soft cargo liner for my CX5 should be getting my cargo cover I bought on ebay also this week.

Now that daytime highs are in the 50's, plan on turning the outside water on for the season and giving the CX-5 it's first wash & detail tomorrow.

Now that daytime highs are in the 50's, plan on turning the outside water on for the season and giving the CX-5 it's first wash & detail tomorrow.
I guess I'm lucky & glad my faucet is inside the attarched garage.
It's a pain bc the hose kinks from the long distance. I washed my car every time temps didn't freeze the water.
Got one of those pressure spray nossels that holds soap. It made quick spray downs to get the salt off easy.

I guess I'm lucky & glad my faucet is inside the attarched garage.
It's a pain bc the hose kinks from the long distance.
I would gladly put up with kinked hoses (if you take a little care in coiling and uncoiling, that can be eliminated) to have year round water supply. We're brewers and in season we brew outside but in winter, we move the operation into the garage. Had to attach a hose connection to the kitchen faucet and run a hose (brand new) through the house to supply water for chiller and clean up. Spring can't come soon enough in the NE! (yippy)

I would gladly put up with kinked hoses (if you take a little care in coiling and uncoiling, that can be eliminated) to have year round water supply. We're brewers and in season we brew outside but in winter, we move the operation into the garage. Had to attach a hose connection to the kitchen faucet and run a hose (brand new) through the house to supply water for chiller and clean up. Spring can't come soon enough in the NE! (yippy)
I have those coil hoses that's not suppose to kink, but still do. Prob need a longer hose, but don't want it taking up space.
The measures you go through for your beer. Lol

I have those coil hoses that's not suppose to kink, but still do. Prob need a longer hose, but don't want it taking up space.
The measures you go through for your beer. Lol

Well worth the effort as we have a few prize winners in brew competitions and endorsements from the neighbors who come by for free beer.

Washed, clay-barred, and waxed. She's getting Paint Protection Film next week.

mSKDKgV.jpg

J2iAsXI.jpg

So far I have added OEM mudflaps, curt trailer hitch, weather tech front floor mats, soft cargo mat and today got my cargo cover I bought off Ebay

Took it this afternoon to get it hand-washed and the interior cleaned up. Going to go get the supplies so I can start washing it myself more often.

Back