What have you done to your P5 today?

Changed my spark plugs to some NGK Iridium IX 's. they are awesome compared to the autolite double platinum plugs the previous owner had in there. lol

Bought a P5 :D $4000. 84,497 on the clock. Leather, silver. My dad parked it in the garage at my moms where it'll be sitting for a few months. Its a unique color of silver and rust. I guess its not really unique so much as it's a color native to the northern states...

Cleaned up the ford fusion calipers and gave it some paint. Just waiting on pads and rotors.

24D753DC-D052-480D-A101-42C252C2973D-6709-000003F7EE512B50.jpg

^^^ I approve of this color choice. :D

Got most of my battery relocation parts together so I'll do that today.

hey all,

I just replaced a stripped stud and lug on my rear passenger. It was way harder and took more time than I want. Anyway, on putting the tire back on and another one stripped. I have been rotating and changing tires on my, my wife's, and my parents cars (11 different cars over the years) for years now and never stripped one, so please don't just tell me I don't know what I'm doing. I guess I'm trying to ask if anyone else has had a problem with P5 studs becoming stripped?

hey all,

I just replaced a stripped stud and lug on my rear passenger. It was way harder and took more time than I want. Anyway, on putting the tire back on and another one stripped. I have been rotating and changing tires on my, my wife's, and my parents cars (11 different cars over the years) for years now and never stripped one, so please don't just tell me I don't know what I'm doing. I guess I'm trying to ask if anyone else has had a problem with P5 studs becoming stripped?

The stud shouldn't strip before the nut, that's weird. Do you know if that bearing+hub assembly was ever replaced? I ask because it's possible it was replaced with a cheap part which was made using weak studs.

And just to make sure, what are you torquing the nuts down to? The service manual recommends 65-86 ft-lbs. If you use anti-seize on the studs I'd only tighten them to 70-75 just to be safe.

The stud shouldn't strip before the nut, that's weird. Do you know if that bearing+hub assembly was ever replaced? I ask because it's possible it was replaced with a cheap part which was made using weak studs.

And just to make sure, what are you torquing the nuts down to? The service manual recommends 65-86 ft-lbs. If you use anti-seize on the studs I'd only tighten them to 70-75 just to be safe.

This second strip might just be the nut. After I felt it give i didn't fiddle with it. It didn't just fall right off, so it appears that there is some thread left there. I have only ever used a tire iron with no torque indication on it. I should invest in that now I see. there is metal shavings on many of the studs/lugs when I remove them. SO what you say leads me to believe that there might have been a cheap replacement.

This second strip might just be the nut. After I felt it give i didn't fiddle with it. It didn't just fall right off, so it appears that there is some thread left there. I have only ever used a tire iron with no torque indication on it. I should invest in that now I see. there is metal shavings on many of the studs/lugs when I remove them. SO what you say leads me to believe that there might have been a cheap replacement.

This second strip might just be the nut. After I felt it give i didn't fiddle with it. It didn't just fall right off, so it appears that there is some thread left there.

So you're saying the only thing that's holding that nut on is hope and good wishes? You really should have taken it off to make sure it's not damaged, sometimes it might feel like the nut is giving-way but in reality it's just the rim seating itself on the hub.

there is metal shavings on many of the studs/lugs when I remove them. SO what you say leads me to believe that there might have been a cheap replacement.

That means you've been massively over-torquing the nuts. For your safety I'd recommend getting a new set of lug nuts as your current set cannot be trusted. Harbor Freight sells 1/2" torque wrenches for <$20, they're not the greatest but should easily get you within the lug nut torque spec (which is roughly: 75ft-lbs +- 15%).

bought some new wiper blades and filled up the reservoir. got it titled in my name! :D
I took these stickers off that were getting on my nerves too... they should've stayed though, distinguishing features!
garage_attachment.php

garage_attachment.php

I've gotta work on the engine bay though at some point...it looks like a murder scene!
garage_attachment.php

Please bear with me if i did that all wrong... ill have to get a fliker account set up at some point so it can do this image stuff better... ill delete the image stuff if they dont show up...

Found an oil leak on this plug/sensor thing behind the motor above the oil filter. What is it exactly?

oil pressure sensor. kinda known to do that. i replaced mine since its a cheap part and takes no time to swap out (mine didnt leak either haha)
though digging through my toolbox for a socket that size was a total b****. (mine needed a ton of force to take off)

Back