What have you done to your CX-90 today?

so the back up battery connect to all 3 wires with is const, acc and ground. i only need to connect the acc and ground to recharge the battery when i drive the car. with the radar sensor on my car and left parking for about 12 hours. it only took about 5 to 10 percent of the battery and get fully recharged after a 25min drive to work. As for you case where your wiring all 3 it seems. use any of the blank fus slot and make sure which side it is coming in from and you only need to place a single fuse for your dash cam and not have it connected. the fuse slot could be another feature they dont want to turn on but has it connected without a fuse. i wish they release the diagram but couldnt located anywhere to see why they left alot of blank slot without a fuse on it. they left a few on the acc side that is not even wired which is why i had to tap in to another one.
Here you go. Fuse Box Diagram?

For those who installed a dash cam and/or radar detector - where is the negative/ground for the hardwire when tapping into the fuse? Is the A-pillar easy to remove?

And for the cargo 12v outlet, can someone confirm if it is always on (hot) or switched power?

Thanks!

For those who installed a dash cam and/or radar detector - where is the negative/ground for the hardwire when tapping into the fuse? Is the A-pillar easy to remove?

And for the cargo 12v outlet, can someone confirm if it is always on (hot) or switched power?

Thanks!
The A-pillar is easy to remove only if you know how because it can be very tricky to place back in place but to take it apart you need to pull from the top till it pop out and the clip that is holding it in, you will need to twist it till it match with the insert slot for it to come out of place and the rest should come out by pulling upwards. the ground can be connected to the lower kick panel fuse box which the whole thing back be remove by starting the one near the seat then work your way up. There should be a screw in the far back near the foot rest that you will need to remove first.

I just had the car windows tinted and it looks awesome with dark windows and Artisan Red paint. It really pops. Love the paint colors, the interior (white) with metal and fake wood accents. Really did a great job with this car. I also added a ThinkWare camera system (front and rear) with an added radar detector. I have on order a large rubber (weather tech) mat for the rear trunk area. black wheel bolts, black wheel locks, splash guards (black). Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
I bought a ThinkWare camera system that has an optional OBDII cord so it gets power from the OBDII port. Lots of cameras offer that option. Makes for an easy installation. I did the same with my Lincoln Corsair when I had it. It uses so little power I am not concerned. ThinkWare has tested it on vehicles to make sure it's compatible.

@AceNinja Thanks for all the guidance on the kick panel. Got everything wired up and it’s been running steady without any issues since the install 2 weeks ago. Set the voltage cutoff at 12.2 volts and that’s enough parking mode run time for now. You were right about the standard fuse tap being a little loose in that ACC switched spot but it’s secure enough where it doesn’t fall out on its own. 👍🏾

By the way I did hear back from Mazda Canada about the fuse diagram. Their response was less than desired. They basically said they didn’t release the diagram because they don’t want to the customer to damage anything. Which is BS in my opinion. My reply was pretty direct and to the point, let’s see if they respond to that.
If it makes you feel better, Lincoln has the fuse panel so hidden you have to remove three major plastic panels to get to it. They made it so hard that even my dealer took 30 minutes just to remove all the panels! We gave up. Here we have Mazda where all you do is remove one piece easily. I praise Mazda for where they put it. When I complained to Lincoln they said they did it that way to prevent any customer tampering. I reminded them that if you blow a fuse on the road you have to be able to reach the fuse panel easily. They expected everyone to call a top truck and have the dealer fix a fuse. Idiotic.

I was able to install the new U3000 Thinkware dashcam. I am planning to put an a Fumoto oil drain valve but since I haven't open the drain plug yet, I don't know which one to get to ensure the thread fitting.
I have found over the years that ThinkWare makes some good cameras. I just got the u1000 and very happy with it. I power it using the optional OBDII connector. Works flawlessly.

I have found over the years that ThinkWare makes some good cameras. I just got the u1000 and very happy with it. I power it using the optional OBDII connector. Works flawlessly.
i think if you could save some more and invest in the U3000 it would be more beneficial due to the rader sensor for both front and rear. also best to use it with the "thinkware connected" app which i think is great to have.

Back