What have you done to your P5 today?

I can't wait to have a big boy job so I can get my retro going. If I'm not mistaken, the quad bi-xenon SHOULD (in theory) produce significantly more light than said Acura TL setup... in theory.

Sounds like a neat setup there Ty and looking forward to seeing the finished product. Just keep an eye out for the po-po so you can turn the fogs off to avoid being hassled.

Over the weekend I changed the oil and while under the car noticed that the PS front tire is wearing on the inside, so much so that it's at the treadwear indicators while the DS looks good all the way across. So looks like my camber is out of whack and need to get it in for an alignment. Thinking the alignment issue is from a worn component which has been the cause of my clunk... Still haven't figured out what it is and it's driving me nuts.

may never use the fogs though unless it's foul weather and they're useful

time will tell lol

Foul weather in FL...that will never happen. haha Gotcha....only going with what Phen said about having four lights on in the front at any given time. Don't want to give some local cop who is having a bad day any excuses.

And because I know that everyone likes pics....
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P5 - DS Front.jpg
    P5 - DS Front.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 305
  • P5 - PS Front.jpg
    P5 - PS Front.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
Alignment. You needz it, Jeff. Shame too, aren't those tires new-ish?

She goes in Saturday for the alignment which was last done within factory specs back in April when I put the summer shoes on. The unusual noises started approx. two months ago and my mechanic wasn't able to find anything wrong, suspension wise??? Tires are just over two years old, installed them back in the fall of 2010 just after lowering the car. IIRC I put around 4K miles on them between lowering the car and swapping them out for the winter shoes. Plus a full season in 2011 and now 2012....off the top of my head, I'd guess I have around 18K miles on them. Will have to check my records when I get home.

Last edited:
Have you been able to go through everything with an impact wrench? Tightening all your suspension bolts and double checking everything is tight?

Only reason I ask is because after getting the Milly aligned there was a very slight clunk and it turns out the shop didn't tighten my camber bolts in the front. Something may have just gradually come loose over the years.

No, I haven't done that nor did I think to... Don't have an impact wrench though but worth getting her back in the air to do a once over.

Drove her for the first time :) and drove a stick for the first time too! Its at my dads now... :( I've already got anxiety about if its okay!!! :S bleh. I did the foglight mod too :) will take night shots next time I get the chance to- my moms Jeep has the parking lights/ fogs thing from the factory. Light party!!! :D

Oh, the ok! I've got sedan lights brand new sitting in the spare room.

I'm down to trade still!

At the dealership getting new rear calipers, e-brake cable adjustment, new water pump, exhaust shield removed, XS Power D5100R battery installed, head lights aligned and an oil change.

They don't want to install the PIAA540's or the AWR sway bar because of the difference from OEM. So I need to take it to another shop now, to get that work done.

Do those two yourself...simple enough and you shouldn't have to worry about cutting the rear end links off with where you live.

^^^ +1

Heck, you could've done all of that with some simple hand tools and a jack. Why the water pump though? Did it fail? Are you getting a timing belt too? Just curious.

Do those two yourself...simple enough and you shouldn't have to worry about cutting the rear end links off with where you live.

I honestly do not have a good space to work, and between both job's right now, it is very rare to have day light hours to do it. :( Selling the house due to divorce, so being at a very uptight apartment complex makes things hard.

Last edited:
^^^ +1

Heck, you could've done all of that with some simple hand tools and a jack. Why the water pump though? Did it fail? Are you getting a timing belt too? Just curious.

There was a decent amount of rattling coming from the water pump. Timing belt was done 2 years ago. Yes, I know the water pump should be done at the same time as the belt, but it didn't workout that way.

You could do them in the parking lot at the office? If needed, I could ship you my shop light to work by? :) haha Hardest part of the rsb will be the endlinks. If they are not rusted out, piece of cake. See if you could borrow a neighbor's driveway for a half hour or so while you are out sick from work. ;)

Back