What have you done to your MSP today?

most people just get the awr front and rear solid mounts and their side inserts. I think i paid $189 usd for that many years ago. no sign of wear on the front mount so id assume similar for the rear. they will likely outlast the car.
the trans mount is quite expensive by itself so id probably just get the inserts for that. same with the passenger side. the front and the rear are the most important.
the 70dm isnt THAT bad. i just cant sit at a stop light and have the ac on to let the idle drop.
I will say the shifter feels much better with the new mounts. everything was just more connected.

Started to try and re-clear my hood myself. going well so far.

10291755_10201490671858938_211275776422136347_n.jpg

10300245_10201490672058943_4914874508493905286_n.jpg

10152019_10201490672178946_3994677227937004110_n.jpg

and once sprayed it should look like this. Well the entire hood should.
988859_10201490672338950_8884110705381125935_n.jpg

that looks a million billion times better already. nice work. what might look cool is matte cf.. not that many tough flat clears though... or you could just regelcoat it.

that looks a million billion times better already. nice work. what might look cool is matte cf.. not that many tough flat clears though... or you could just regelcoat it.

Thanks! I will have to look into gel coating as I have no clue about the process if its the same as just spraying clear. Thanks for suggestions.

Got to looking at my wastegate arm and it's bent slightly when compared to my old turbo, adjusted my MBC and got it back to 16psi.

Yeah man the car has only 32.5k miles but it sat outside with only a car cover on during bad weather. I am planning on replacing exhaust because I hate all that rust, although I like the OEM exhaust tip with mazdaspeed logo on tip! lol But I want to upgrade to an exhaust with similar sound as stock.

And yes I check my rear mount and from what I could see it did look like it was more worn. The mount under the battery looks pretty good still too. Ill be posting some more pics to get your guys take on the condition and what should be replaced, before things wear out.
The pass mount is one that typically fails but yours is just fine, not even any cracks in it. Exhaust rust is normal, it's steel and you live in NJ. Only exhaust still in production as far as I know is the Corksport, SLS hasn't been made in a long while.

The pass mount is one that typically fails but yours is just fine, not even any cracks in it. Exhaust rust is normal, it's steel and you live in NJ. Only exhaust still in production as far as I know is the Corksport, SLS hasn't been made in a long while.

Yeah Im just going to replace front mount for the time being, funds are even more tight since I just was let go from job. Looking to get the awr front mount 70duro

Yeah Im just going to replace front mount for the time being, funds are even more tight since I just was let go from job. Looking to get the awr front mount 70duro
If, for whatever reason, you opt not to get the AWR and you're going with an OE aftermarket, I have a front mount that I used for 3-400 miles while waiting for my AWRs to get here that I'd sell for $20 shipped within the US.

There are sprayable and brush gelcoats. You'll need a gelcoat gun that can feed it though. Gelcoat is usually pretty thick.

Gelcoat still needs a clear to protect from uv. If the gelcoat isn't peeling, just put a messton of clear on there and polish it up. Valspar is pretty good price/performance.
Gonna be doing some 26s in that pretty soon.

It doesn't need clear. Depends on the gel coat you are using. A lot of gel coats today are UV protective.

Whats the best method to go about with changing the front sway bar bushings? I tried moving the tires, but it only made the access easier to one of the bolts, The inside ones were really hard to get to.

Also , while under my my msp toda (should've took a pic, but will tomorrow) there seemed to be an oily substance coming off the bottom of the turbo.

UPDATE: Just going to use pic on internet pointing to where I saw an oily substance on turbo..

1UBMpZe.png

Last edited:
If, for whatever reason, you opt not to get the AWR and you're going with an OE aftermarket, I have a front mount that I used for 3-400 miles while waiting for my AWRs to get here that I'd sell for $20 shipped within the US.

I had just bought the AWR front mount right before you sent this. lol

I had just bought the AWR front mount right before you sent this. lol
Probably the oil return fitting..

There is a slight exhaust leak from the manifold, so I ordered a new gasket. I thought I had all the exhaust gaskets when I replaced the turbo, but ended up not having that gasket, so I reused it and, of course, it's got a little "tick" from the drivers side and can clearly see soot there. Other than that and needing new tires, the MSP is doing great. I'm really starting to think about standalone or at least an SSFTC. Anyone using the SSFTC? I'd like a Megasquirt PnP setup. I also want the new Pope manifold. I'm thinking of ditching the eBay manifold and going back with OE for the time being when I replace the gasket. There's a crack between the 3/4 runners, but would have repaired first.

Does anyone have any ideas why a brand new clutch chatters?

Whats the best method to go about with changing the front sway bar bushings? I tried moving the tires, but it only made the access easier to one of the bolts, The inside ones were really hard to get to.
Oil residue is nothing to worry about really unless it is a serious leak, all turbo cars are like that eventually. You have to remove the front wheels to do the swaybar bushings.

Also , while under my my msp toda (should've took a pic, but will tomorrow) there seemed to be an oily substance coming off the bottom of the turbo.

UPDATE: Just going to use pic on internet pointing to where I saw an oily substance on turbo..

1UBMpZe.png

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123774382-How-To-Replace-Front-Sway-Bar-Bushings

Back