The Ohio Auto-X and Track Event chat thread

Since nobody bought my spot with auto interests, I went to MO. Car handled great, but called it a day during lunch since I was going flat out almost half the course and I was getting a little too comfortable with it. This is what my tires look like now

It was such a battle between giants that I was able to push the miata out of the way before another punch was thrown...

Tires got pretty hot, picked up a bunch of extra rubber. They look like that even after I got back home. Really like these tires, great grip and easy to gauge the limit

Again, I have no idea what I'm looking at... Does green mean you were WOT the whole time? That's impressive, buddy. :)

haha, I wish. They're data acquisition points, the app records speed, g-force, acceleration, deceleration, altitude, etc. I went home because I was going flat out on turn 1, first part of the kink, coming out of the keyhole all the way on the back, madness, turn 10 & 11, thundervalley, out of the carousel and front straight. The car has no guts, so I had to keep my foot down. I was thinking about the turns I can improve on during lunch, but I was already pushing the car more than I wanted to so I decided to stop.

Didn't have brake fade, pedal feel hasn't changed to I don't think I boiled it. Got Ethel up to 100 in the back, close to the top of 5th. I don't think she liked being on the rev limiter, shifts very slow at that point (which means most of the time I was short shifting).

Fastest lap was 2:10.86, still need to work on a few turns but I'm more consistent in most of the areas. Could probably track out a bit more as well, but I was mounting the yellow curbing as much as I could considering the weather.

Is that pic missing data or something then? I still don't get it. And does it say 38mph at the keyhole, thunder valley and the carousel?

keyhole: 28
thundervalley: 50
carousel: 36

The app has the details for every single point on the picture, that's just the "summary" projected on Google Earth and shows my line. The GPS on the phone isn't super accurate, so some of the points are a bit off location wise...

Will : 44.069
Patrick : 44.481
Evan : 44.782
David : 45.871
Phen : 46.709
Ivan: 47.493
Sho : 47.965
Ray : 48.360
Roy : 50.230
Ben : 53.748

Woot!

Where are they going to put the pictures?

I was looking at the results and there were a bunch of really good drivers at the event. Lots of people with championships or at the very least trophies at the solo nationals.

In other words, show up, have fun, and don't expect to win. LOL.

So since a bunch of us are running at Toledo on the 15th would anyone be up for splitting a hotel room Saturday night? Heck we could even cram 3-4 of us into one room. Because I'm cheap/broke.

As long as you don't snore...

So since a bunch of us are running at Toledo on the 15th would anyone be up for splitting a hotel room Saturday night? Heck we could even cram 3-4 of us into one room. Because I'm cheap/broke.

As long as you don't snore...

I'm making the drive in the morning. Never had an issue before

Back