The Ohio Auto-X and Track Event chat thread

And rightfully so!

Definitely a fun time. I'm currently in a battle with my brain. Do I focus on working on the Civic, or do I buy new tires for the Fiat, autocross that and take my time to get the Honda more ready than she currently is.

Tires then Civic.
Looks like I'll be putting new bearings in the bottom end of the other motor along with swapping heads. Hoping to have the parts by this weekend and then putting her back in. Most likely will have to raise her up to fit the tires and go from there.

Had a lot of fun at the autocross yesterday with you guys. I don't think the poop stains are coming out of the underwear I was wearing but other than that it was a good day.
Good seeing you! That spin on the slalom was nuts, glad you maneuvered around everything without any damage

And rightfully so!

Definitely a fun time. I'm currently in a battle with my brain. Do I focus on working on the Civic, or do I buy new tires for the Fiat, autocross that and take my time to get the Honda more ready than she currently is.

Civic = track car.
Fiat = autocross/DD/fun.

There you go, done!

Had a lot of fun at the autocross yesterday with you guys. I don't think the poop stains are coming out of the underwear I was wearing but other than that it was a good day.

I'm working on your videos as I type this! I'll get them uploaded to Google Drive as soon as I'm done.

Thanks Will. You the man!

Thanks Sho. It was a scary moment.

Phen, the Abarth looked awesome out there! I think you've got it with keeping the civic as the track car. That little Fiat moves!!

I agree, the Fiat looked really quick out there. My corner worker buddy was shocked that was a stock exhaust, haha. He asked why you were running SMF and I told him just to piss off the other MS3 guys, trolol.

Everyone looked good out there. :)

Plus side, I got a nice tan.

I have a ridiculous tan... I missed a spot on the back of my arm and the backs of my legs are super red. So that is awesome. Haha.

Update on the STi... first, the damage:
C6622809-0E06-4B7C-AD5B-C0CF480C8871.jpg

5C867A90-AB9F-4C34-9316-080EDD1BD994.jpg

Subaru Roadside Assistance towing is only a free tow to a dealership within 20 miles and the nearest dealership was 25 miles away. So, my wife met me in Streetsboro with the truck/trailer and Evan very nicely dropped me off there and my wife and I went back and picked the car up from the gas station right by where the axle broke ;) and brought her home. I'd much rather tow the car myself than leave it up to the random tow truck driver that doesn't care about the car!
E739A7E8-8F6F-45A5-8934-23F49BBBA7EB.jpg

It worked out better anyways, because I was able to drop it off at the Subaru dealer closest to my house this morning. They checked it out and the only damage is the axle thankfully. A new one has been ordered with overnight shipping and they're going to replace it tomorrow or Wednesday at the absolute latest. All under warranty of course. :)

Good stuff man! A bummer that your day went from long to longer, but it all works out in the end.

On my end, the guy with the Miata already called his insurance and started a claim. It's a bummer that it happened, but at least it's all getting taken care of quickly. I hope it doesn't raise his rates much since he has been quite easy to deal with.

Meh, the day was longer than planned, but it makes for a good story. I wouldn't even mark yesterday down on my list of "bad days", just long and interesting. :)

Kudos to that guy with the Miata, he is really stepping up and handling the situation the correct way. And for those that don't know... (Evan and Ivan were on course), a Miata's ebrake cable broke in the paddock and the car rolled back into Phen's little Fiat. It was a real battle of giant cars when they ran into each other.

Damn, sounds like an eventful day for all! Glad everything is working out for everyone!

Meh, the day was longer than planned, but it makes for a good story. I wouldn't even mark yesterday down on my list of "bad days", just long and interesting. :)

Kudos to that guy with the Miata, he is really stepping up and handling the situation the correct way. And for those that don't know... (Evan and Ivan were on course), a Miata's ebrake cable broke in the paddock and the car rolled back into Phen's little Fiat. It was a real battle of giant cars when they ran into each other.

LOL. That was likely the slowest instance of "What the hell is going on here?" that I've ever seen. Both Patrick and I kept looking at the car, wondering why it was backing up. It wasn't until it was much closer that we saw there was no driver. Karma getting back at Will and I. Early in the day we both said "They're stock cars, what could happen?" Yep.

Damn I didn't know about the miata incident! That's one of those stupid things. It really was an eventful day. I'm not very superstitious but man was it a weird day.

Sure was man. Let's just chalk that one up in the record books as being all around WTF.

Back