The Ohio Auto-X and Track Event chat thread

I've been dying to get out there this season. Once I replace my rear shock, I'll be able to come out to some AutoX events finally. I recently discovered the shock was blown because it started leaking oil. So I have to order a new shock from BC.

Been there done that! Had to change one on the MS3 last week! Props to Cres for getting it shipped overnight to Lime Rock and we changed it out at the house we were staying at!

I've been dying to get out there this season. Once I replace my rear shock, I'll be able to come out to some AutoX events finally. I recently discovered the shock was blown because it started leaking oil. So I have to order a new shock from BC.

Bring the car and run it anyways!

Order through track first. They gave sho a good deal on a new rear strut

I offered to let Jake co drive my car so hopefully he will come out and have some fun too

Bring the car and run it anyways!

I've been debating that lol. The shock stopped leaking oil (probably none left) and just makes a ton of noise. Unfortunately, I'm On-Call for work Sunday and I know from experience there's basically no 3G/4G cell signal at Pitt Race. I'll try to get someone to cover my on-call Sunday, but I doubt I'll be able to find someone.

Order through track first. They gave sho a good deal on a new rear strut

I offered to let Jake co drive my car so hopefully he will come out and have some fun too

I think I'll have to look into ordering through Track First. I wonder how much Sho paid for his. BC racing charges $95 (shipping is extra) for replacements.

You bought your BC's new, right #2? I'm not sure what their warranty policy is but might look into that. But $95 + shipping isn't all that bad.

edit- I can check with Cres at CR3 and get you a price for the rear strut if you like?

You bought your BC's new, right #2? I'm not sure what their warranty policy is but might look into that. But $95 + shipping isn't all that bad.

edit- I can check with Cres at CR3 and get you a price for the rear strut if you like?

Yep, I bought mine new. I already contacted BC support and the warranty is only good for 1 year. It's been over 2 years now so no warranty. And I agree, $95 + shipping isn't too bad.

If you could check with Cres, that would be AWESOME! Thanks #1

I've been debating that lol. The shock stopped leaking oil (probably none left) and just makes a ton of noise. Unfortunately, I'm On-Call for work Sunday and I know from experience there's basically no 3G/4G cell signal at Pitt Race. I'll try to get someone to cover my on-call Sunday, but I doubt I'll be able to find someone.

I like it! Find someone to cover for you and come on out.

Yep, I bought mine new. I already contacted BC support and the warranty is only good for 1 year. It's been over 2 years now so no warranty. And I agree, $95 + shipping isn't too bad.

Cres said it would be best to go through BC directly since they don't give dealer discounts for replacement parts. Sorry, buddy.

Cres said it would be best to go through BC directly since they don't give dealer discounts for replacement parts. Sorry, buddy.

No problem, thanks for checking though. I have an email in to BC asking what the process is on purchasing a replacement shock, so hopefully they respond soon.

Jealous, I wish my replacement was $95...

Oh well.

Its ordered now.
Will offered to let me co-drive the STi. But I may just run my car regardless if the replacement arrives before Sunday or not. I've been itching to hit an autocross, and this will count towards keeping my MSM discount

I think Marc and Peaches are going to Medina.

I think Marlon, you, myself, Ivan, Kevin, Will and possibly Sho are coming to Pitt.

I'm pretty excited though. Been itching for another auto-x since that cold one almost a month ago.

All you people need to get registered!

I hate living over here in the Toledo area :( Hurts right in the feels.

Like what we discussed last week, I'll pave the back yard for your cars and your fam can have the whole upstairs. haha

At least we'll see ya on the 15th!

I changed some of my plans for this summer and I will now be attending the Wilmington National Tour August 2-3. I did this last year and it was a blast. Unlike a normal autocross it is pretty serious. 3 runs per day over the 2 days.

Would anyone want to co-drive? Registration opens a week from tomorrow and I'll be taking the Miata.

Oooo Tempting, but I've got the Abarth Experience on the 7th, followed by Road America the next day. I may be a bit tapped out.

Had a lot of fun at the autocross yesterday with you guys. I don't think the poop stains are coming out of the underwear I was wearing but other than that it was a good day.

Back