Speaker Sizes, Harnesses and Kits of all Mazdas

So connect all the wires together except the ground from the Pioneer harness. That one gets grounded. What do I do with the ground from the Crutchfield harness?

+12v switched if using the stock head unit. If you have an aftermarket headunit it should have a blue remote wire or it may be labeled power antenna.

1st post...

I own a 2001 Protege ES. Thanx to all the useful info on this sight I was able to upgrade my rear speakers over my lunch break today. After work I began to tackle the front door speakers. Unfortunately, when I removed the factory 6X8 I found out that the speaker wiring harness is different from the rear. Does anyone know a Metra or Scosche part # for the front speaker wiring harness for my vehicle. I've searched this forum & online and even went to Best Buy & Circuit City-all without any success. I've attached some pics below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

Attachments

• Protege.jpg
    Protege.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 340
  • Protege (1).jpg
    Protege (1).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 340
Give Crutchfield a phone call. They'll have the part for you. Personally, I would have just snipped it off but I can understand wanting to be able to go back to stock.

chuyler1 said:
Give Crutchfield a phone call. They'll have the part for you. Personally, I would have just snipped it off but I can understand wanting to be able to go back to stock.

Looked it up on their website...Crutchfield recommends a universal "T" harness that they sell for almost $13. I wouldn't mind paying, but didn't want to wait so I ended up cutting the factory harness off. Thanx.

Wow, there is a lot of info in this thread. However I don't think I have found my situation yet. We picked up a 2000 ES for our daughter awhile back and would like to change out the oem components. The car has the cd/cassette headunit in the dash. I am a bit uncertain which faceplate will allow me to fill the space in the dash to add the aftermarket headunit. I see from another reply that wire adapters should be available to plug into the stock speaker harness so I don't have to cut wires. I would also like to get the correct headunit harness, again so I don't have to cut the factory harness.
I'm not looking to add subs and amps, just change out the headunit and speakers with a clean reliable install. Suggestions, pictures, and advice would be appreciated.

I am looking for the correct speaker harness connectors for a 2003.5 Protege 5. I ordered then from Metra and they sent me #72-7902 which according to their website is for my car. Yet, the connector doesn't fit. It's too small!!

Has anyone ordered these for their P5...?

Metra said today that they will update their website, but that possibly they don't make these....? Which would really suck!!!!

Any thoughts...?

After further review, are the correct speaker harness connectors for the Protege 5 the 70-7902...?

Does anybody have these in their car...?

Pls. advise ASAP!!

Also any pics of crossovers installed in the doors....?

I am installing Polk Audio DB 3055 (5 1/4) in the front & DB 3065 (6 3/4) in the rear.

Thanks

Can I put in a system?

I have a 2005 Mazda 6. When I bought the car it already had Bose speakers in it. I don't think the volume really goes that high. So I wanted to put like subs or an amp or something in the trunk so it would go louder. But I was told by a few people that I wont be able to hook up the subs to the Bose. Is that possible or what should I do?

anybody know the right speaker harness for the 2003 protege. Metra says the 72-5512 but the one i have ordered doesn't look like it's going to fit. Anybody else have and 03 protege they have replaced the stock speakers with?

Crutchfield.com should have speaker wiring harnesses. If you order speakers from them they will give you them for free. Otherwise, just clip the old harness off and extend the wires for your new speakers. Leave some extra wire on the harness so you can put it back on later (when you trade-in or sell the car no one will ever notice).

Nope, 5.25" rear speakers for you too equipt from the factory, although 6.5" fit with relative ease.

The person you talked to either though you had a sedan or didn't know s***. Send the 6x9s back and get some 6's

Does this mean you don't have to cut out the rain guard or by relative ease do you mean all you have to do is remove the rain guard?

(This was in response to a Canadian MP5)

Also has anyone just replaced the HU and noticed a difference? Or does the sound basically stay the same?

Back