Speaker Sizes, Harnesses and Kits of all Mazdas

Thanks for the great info in the first post. I was looking for wiring info to wire in my new deck and this was perfect!

I just got myself a protege 5 and am looking to install a new deck. I've installed many audio systems before but i have never worked on a mazda. I was wondering how i would go about removing the deck? Do i have to remove the middle console first and get underneath the deck or does it just pop out?

any help with be appreciated. Thanx

Just want to introduce myself in here. I work with MAZDA and if there is anything I can do to help let me know...
I have also been in the aftermarket industry for the past 3 years and have been a crew cheif for the past 2 and a half, so I have a pretty good back ground.
Also...
Check out our website and let me know what you think.
ocmazdaspeed.com

where can i buy just the pocket with the cover for a 99 protege... the stupid asshole at the stereo place said he didnt have one, so when i got my deck replaced, he kept the ****** tape player in, which now doesnt work and i could really use a lil more storage in this car, since as im sure u all kno it is lacking. so where can i buy the covered pocket that ive seen many people have?

The pocket part comes from the MP3 and MSP. Not really sure if you can still get them although they were rather over priced.

ok, i have a 2000 mazda protege 4dr sedan. and am getting no sound out of any speakers.. i used the wire color thread listed above and have good connection on all wires.. why no sound? (guy i bought the car from cut out old wiring harness so i am hardwiring in new headunit.) need help asap

Anybody know of a place that sells Mazda in dash receiver kits for aftermarket head units that except paypal payments?

I have a 1994 Mazda 323 Protege, I'm new to car audio. On the original post, it states that the 1994 models take 5.25" Speakers. That sounds about right for the front door speakers, but the rear speakers are oval shaped. Does anyone know the exact size of the rear stock speakers? (Yet to try and measure them myself).

I'm looking into replacing all the speakers with some entry level - mid range speakers ($100 - $150 AUD per pair)

Is it simply a matter of swapping the speakers over, and connecting the old wiring to the new speakers?

Thanks.

No. But you can fit a 5x7/6x8 speaker. 6x9s are pretty big and don't fit into a typical 5x7/6x8 opening.

For the 1995-1998 Protege Sedan, which according to OP takes 6.5" speakers in the front doors, can any sizes apart from 6.5" be fitted without customization? Like 6" or 5.25"?

Also - Can front door speakers be replaced without having to disassemble the whole door? (Eg just taking the grille off instead)

Last edited:
My stock Kenwood display gave up and doesn't show anything anymore , don't know why or how that happened but when i tried to look at the station I was listening there was nothing.

Due to this inconvinience I'm looking for another unit to replace it but I'm interested in a 7" IN-DASH (flip-screen type) unit.

Does anyone have a good suggestion on a brand name 7" in-dash unit w/ latest tricks ? LMK

Speakers will get upgraded too later on though (summer).

What would be good replacement for twiters , like brand or type ?

thnx

Latest posts

Back