2013 CX-9 Bose Speaker HU upgrades and questions

Ok so I am new here but I've done some searching and haven't found my answers. If any of this is a repost I apologize.

Ok first things first. I have a kenwood double DIN from my old car. My plan was to purchase the mounting kit and all needed accessories from crutchfield and install it on my own. From what I've read on here I can do that without any issues. Now for the speakers...

As the title says I have the BOSE system in my cx9 and I have a few questions pertaining to it. I guess I'll start with my plan was to replace the four door speaker and three in the dash and install two 12's I have. From what I've read on here I'm seeing people have called the front door speakers woofers. Are they speakers or are they subwoofers? If so I'd assume replacing with just speakers would be ok considering want to add the 12's I have. Crutchfield has no available speakers for the front door. I think I read somewhere on here they are an odd size, is that correct? If so I'm assuming I can just DiY a simple bracket for them?

I was reading somewhere that replacing speakers you may have an issue because of the BOSE system?

Lastly what issues am I going to run into installing my subs. I've installed them in other cars before but everything I'm reading on here is making me feel like doing this alone and not with a shop this damn BOSE system is going to cause me issues. I have a background in electronics and I've installed speakers and subs in other cars before. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have the original Bose setup and did a carplay retrofit from Crutchfield. Maybe you should do that simple part first and see how it's all working and then figure out what else you need to do based on the outcome.

In my experience the more unknown variables you introduce at one time makes troubleshooting next to impossible.

Back