Pics of what mild steel IC pipes look inside

kicker22705 said:
i must have asked him at least 10 times is it stainless steel and everytime he said yes. he said, "we don't use mild steel, we only use stainless steel b/c mild steel blisters". it wasn't until i called him out, that he called someone up to find out what type of steel it was. sure enough it was mild steel. and he had the nerves to get mad at me for not wanting his ic pipes anymore and to top it off he indirectly called me a ricer for wanting shiney stainless steel instead of his rusted mild steel. this guy is supposed to be 1/2 owner too, wtf.
I would have his ass in a sling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i am pissed!!!!! and i don't even know you or him!

well i went to the shop and after 30 minutes of bitching i got couple more options but not the one that i wanted. he won't give me a full refund. he was willing to refund me the $318 for the mild steel pipes but would not budge on the labor of $110.

his excuse was, he mounted my intercooler which took 2 hours, and he has to charge me for that b/c it goes on regarded of what kind of steel the pipes are. my argument was i would never have had them mount it if they had told me it was mild steel b/c i would have never took my business to them. he went on to say he actually did me lots of favors by not charging me for the other 2 hours of labor it took to put on the pipes and not charging me for the hks flange. bulls*** anyways b/c he quoted me $110 for total labor before he started it, and i'm gonna take the flange as compensation for taking a week to do my pipes when he quoted 2 nites.

he also won't pay for my powder coat, but he said he will spray paint it. he also said he can't credit me the $110.

basically all he can do is give me installations at discount prices, and order me products at cost until i get my moneys worth.

basically all he can do is give me installations at discount prices, and order me products at cost until i get my moneys worth.[/QUOTE]
or you can cocktail this assholes shop at 2am
or you can take him to small claims for a refund

sorry man if your not going to go threw the trouble of sueing him
ge tthem coated asap give him the big f you and bash him online

This guy needs to be taken to court. He HAS to give you a full refund, he F'in LIED to your face. DO NOT SETTLE with what he's offering, it isn't good enough. I wouldn't want his ass installing anything else on my car anyway.

Don't back down, man. He's going to keep doing this BS to people until somebody puts his ass in a sling. Seriously, you owe it to yourself and your fellow enthusiasts to make this guy set it straight.

dude havent you ever seen Judge Judy? Bring his ass to small claims court. Sue for the cost you paid in FULL because you cant use ANY of his product. Also sue for the labor costs as well as any court costs you come across. Get yourself a lawyer, this case should cost around 500-750 dollars....

Walk back in there and say...

I thought it over. You did me no favors. You quoted me a price and did it. that is not a favor. You quoted me time which ended up going on longer. that cost me money. You LIED to me and said it was stainless steal. LIED!!!!! You are a con artist. I am going to consult a lawyer (never say i am going to sue becuase if you don't they can sue you for that) and i will be in touch. I will also be contacting the better business bureau and stating my case on message forums WITHOUT SLANDER to any and all i can find.

thank you for lying to me and hopefully you will see things get rectified justly!

Good day sir

just like that!!!!!!!!!!!

03MSPRO said:
Porshe uses mild steel pipes.
That's because most Porche owners don't know ?#$% about cars and just buy them for the name and the look. Porche knows that better than anybody.

About the pipes, if you have SS quoted on your receipt then you have him nuts in a vice. If it is just your word against his you will not win a court case, but it doesn't hurt to tell him that and try to get new pipes or some more cash.

Weird, even BEGI says that mild steel won't rust easily on the inside because oil vapors.

ok, what i dont get is why are you taking a 250 dollar hit when you can just have them powdercoated for less than that?

something doesnt match up.

Do you just not like this kit and want to get rid of it?

-B

azian6er said:
ok, what i dont get is why are you taking a 250 dollar hit when you can just have them powdercoated for less than that?

something doesnt match up.

Do you just not like this kit and want to get rid of it?

-B
dude I'm with you...$250 will get the coating no problem...

i don't like mild steel. i've always wanted to get the ion kit b/c it was polished stainless and it looks nice and perfromed well. i read a lot of threads comparing hiboost and ion and jack brought up a very good points of having ion's stainless steel over mild. he said stainless won't rust outside or inside, and its a better heat barrier than mild. what good is it having an intercooler, if the air is gonna get hot again anyways b/c mild steel doesn't shield heat well.

i've made up my mind a long time ago i rather get great quality and performance for more money, than something cheaper but less efficient.

if its jet coated then it will perform better than its stainless counterpart....still don't see a reason to not keep it...

i can't find prices on the jet coat. i emailed them couple days ago but haven't gotton a response yet. i'm not familair w/ jet coat. does it do the inside of the pipes as well?

i think he just has had a bad experience with these and wants to get rid of them.

-B

so how did the car performed with the FMIC kit on?
If you don't want to powder coat the pipes, just painted them yourself.

well it ran pretty good for the most part.

first the good: i noticed my car was faster. since i was without my car for 8 days when i got the car back w/ the fmic, i didn't have a good comparison to see if my car felt faster than w/o fmic. however, when i took it off, and took it for a drive, i noticed it was definately slower w/out the intercooler. now it feels like my car can't breathe after 3k.

now the bad: the hessitation kicked in earlier than stock (this can be good or bad depending on where your shift points are). when i'm w/out an intercooler, the hessitation comes in around 3-4 k rpm and pulls after that. w/ the intercooler, hessitation came in early around 2.5-3k rpm and pulled hard after that. my hks bov also sound retarded sometimes. like bov at neutral would sound like someone blowing into an empty bottle, and blow off in the hessitation range would get a double hks blow off at a lower pitch. its hard to explain. one more thing, when i was running w/ just one fan, the car would overheat. once i installed the smaller 10" flexalite fan, that problem went away.

Back