Mazdaspeed6 Clutch Fix TSB

Just spoke with my Mazda dealer regarding the TSB for the Clutch. I am told that the TSB only covers repairs possible under the original manufacturers warranty. Thus, Mazda warrants the clutch for 12K miles and I am SOL because I have more miles on my car than that.

Is this true, anyone else run into this problem?

Sounds like crap, I've heard of people both here and on the mazda6 club forum having the TSB performed well over their 12k mile limit

someone had 15k and had it done. and the dealer had told that person that it was warranted on the car's warranty....... a TSB is ALMOST like a recall, but it's not exactly.

I would try another mazda if I were you, see what they say...... and tell them you've been told by another dealer that it's warranted under the full warranty, you just don't want to leave the car there cause they're so far away to drive, blah blah blah.... but definitely try another dealer

Most of the dealers just seem to be trying to get OUT of the work because they get more money from labor when a customer pays for it than they do by doing things under warranty, TSB which they are compensated by Mazda.

About us not supposing to see the TSB, I don't really believe that, anything is readily found online.... I believe the dealers would try to HIDE it from us, so that many people wouldn't be coming in to get it done.

KALTE, I must have missed that post, thanks for letting me know...... I'll ask my dealer about it when I go in for my 10k mile checkup.

Go in to the dealer (don't just call on the phone). Go for a drive with the technician. If they stall the car or shift hard the first few times you are golden. If they don't, either your car is fine or they really know how to drive stick.

Either case, insist that they discuss the matter with their local Mazda service representative. I have not heard a single case of the dealer being prepared to perform the job and Mazda claiming they will deny the claim due to mileage or any other circumstance. If Mazda sees that your VIN fits within the range they will OK the job. You just need to convince the dealership to check with them ahead of time.

The dealership may give you some B.S. about how Mazda will OK the job ahead of time and then deny the claim after the parts are sent back to them. Don't fall for it. If your car is within the VIN range, the parts WILL BE OKed. You don't actually think Mazda is going to put them in a dummy car to check whether the clutch had a bad feel do you? B.S! They will check the part #s, compare it to the VIN on your car, and be done with it.

Go in to the dealer (don't just call on the phone). Go for a drive with the technician. If they stall the car or shift hard the first few times you are golden. If they don't, either your car is fine or they really know how to drive stick.

Either case, insist that they discuss the matter with their local Mazda service representative. I have not heard a single case of the dealer being prepared to perform the job and Mazda claiming they will deny the claim due to mileage or any other circumstance. If Mazda sees that your VIN fits within the range they will OK the job. You just need to convince the dealership to check with them ahead of time.

The dealership may give you some B.S. about how Mazda will OK the job ahead of time and then deny the claim after the parts are sent back to them. Don't fall for it. If your car is within the VIN range, the parts WILL BE OKed. You don't actually think Mazda is going to put them in a dummy car to check whether the clutch had a bad feel do you? B.S! They will check the part #s, compare it to the VIN on your car, and be done with it.

I brought my car in again to check for the clutch 2 weeks back, this time they had a tech to drive my car with me...he said he'll look into it....as they have denied other MS6s before and this tech did the TSB only once...he emphasized many times that it takes alot of time and puts everything else on hold...

Left my car overnight to determine the coverage of the TSB, and apparently they talked and brought my case up to a Mazda rep, and ultimately denied my car cause they can't find any reason to replace the clutch eventhough my car's in the VIN (# 0764)...

And my service advisor then told me my car's already beyond 12k miles (I have 21k miles now), and the TSB doesn't cover it...he didn't tell me that when i complained bout my clutch when I had 15k miles on it....oh well

Not saying anybody is wrong here, just mentioning my experiance trying to get the TSB done...but I have to say this technician knows how to drive stick..

What they did instead, was lube my clutch pedal cause it was squeaking...and the smell of grease filled my car for 2 days -_-"

Koenig,
No prob. Hope you get the information you need...my service advisor had to take awhile to dig up on the computer and find it on file for me..hehehe

I brought my car in again to check for the clutch 2 weeks back, this time they had a tech to drive my car with me...he said he'll look into it....as they have denied other MS6s before and this tech did the TSB only once...he emphasized many times that it takes alot of time and puts everything else on hold...

Left my car overnight to determine the coverage of the TSB, and apparently they talked and brought my case up to a Mazda rep, and ultimately denied my car cause they can't find any reason to replace the clutch eventhough my car's in the VIN (# 0764)...

And my service advisor then told me my car's already beyond 12k miles (I have 21k miles now), and the TSB doesn't cover it...he didn't tell me that when i complained bout my clutch when I had 15k miles on it....oh well

Not saying anybody is wrong here, just mentioning my experiance trying to get the TSB done...but I have to say this technician knows how to drive stick..

What they did instead, was lube my clutch pedal cause it was squeaking...and the smell of grease filled my car for 2 days -_-"

Koenig,
No prob. Hope you get the information you need...my service advisor had to take awhile to dig up on the computer and find it on file for me..hehehe

Wow, that really sucks, if I were you I would actually be trying to call Mazda corporate or asking the dealer for the case number and name of the rep they spoke to

ya know..........just to verify it...... because it sounds like they are BS'ing you..... in a few jobs I've had I've heard people blatantly tell the customer they did this and this and I happen to know they did no such thing. I've even been BS'd like that once back with my motorcycle, and I actually went behind their backs to find out if they really did speak to someone, and I found out they did nothing.......

At best I would say at least try another dealer....... but try seeing if Mazda corporate has anything on file, or if that dealer will give you the case number and representative. If he says there's nothing like that, I would suspect BS. In most cases when something like that is done there is usually a record of it being done.

Kind of like if you call the bank customer service and have someone do something, or check something for you, etc. Your file would have that info of what they did the next time you called. Just to give an example.

But I would definitely try another dealer, if you have that option....... because I tried Lehman in miami, and got the run around........then went to Gunther in ft laud and they did the switch for me, and the tech even drove my car and stalled it as he was trying to get it over to the "holding cell" where they park the cars.

By now, most dealerships know about the TSB and have probably done one or know someone who has. It isn't a fun job and there is no profit for the dealership since it takes the alotted time and then some to complete. They'd rather spend their time doing oil changes and repair jobs that take less time...high turn-over = $$$.

By now, most dealerships know about the TSB and have probably done one or know someone who has. It isn't a fun job and there is no profit for the dealership since it takes the alotted time and then some to complete. They'd rather spend their time doing oil changes and repair jobs that take less time...high turn-over = $$$.

Exactly what he said........hense the dealers giving a lot people the run around. (confused)

1-800 bul-s***

Had over 12K on mine (barely) when I had it done, and the dealer here in Columbia SC didn't as much as bat an eyelash.

Just spoke with my Mazda dealer regarding the TSB for the Clutch. I am told that the TSB only covers repairs possible under the original manufacturers warranty. Thus, Mazda warrants the clutch for 12K miles and I am SOL because I have more miles on my car than that.

Is this true, anyone else run into this problem?

Well I finally got mine done after being tired of waiting 2 months for a call back from the dealer. I'd taken it back in june 1 and they said they would do it and would order the parts and call me back. 2 weeks later no call, I call them, and they said to wait longer. Been busy since then so didnt have the time for anything, went thursday last week, they had the parts and I scheduled to drop the car off on monday. Dropped it off and wednesday morning the car was done. The car feels so great now, only issue I"m having now is trying to drive it like I had to before, being so careful not to stall, yet I never do now. Its great. Had it done here in Philadelphia at Faulkner Mazda. They didnt give me any problem on it, I told them there was a TSB, they looked it up and told me the car qualified. Car had 11k when they checked it out.

dealer woes

I can't believe the number of people getting the runaround from some dealers. Mine even suggested that I get it done and that it didn't matter what the milage was.
Talk to corporate Mazda. The only bad dealer I heard nasty things about in Canada (Ontario) had sufficient complaints that Mazda Canada pulled the dealership. Rumour now is he is a Chevy dealer.
I'm sure there are others around here but I just haven't heard much.
Don't take that crap...spread the word.

Clutch fix is awsome, much more pleasurable to drive. I thought I was used to the original but am soooo glad I switched.

I had the TSB done a couple months ago and it's night and day compared to what it was. The clutch is so much easier. The 1-2 shift still isn't as smooth as I'd like it but definitely an improvement.

Also, I didn't get any flack from my local dealer. I told them about the TSB, they looked it up, ordered the parts and 3 days later it was done.

I go in Saturday for an oil change. Hopefully, no drama. Last time they said they never heard of the TSB, so I didn't really pursue it as I didn't know the number, etc, but now I'm prepared!

I go in Saturday for an oil change. Hopefully, no drama. Last time they said they never heard of the TSB, so I didn't really pursue it as I didn't know the number, etc, but now I'm prepared!

Good luck, I'm going in next Wednesday to have my 2nd gear checked out....... I don't like the fact it sometimes feels like it's blocking me and I have to get rough and force it in........it almost feels like the synchros or gears aren't meshing together well.

my dealer has the parts and stuff and is ready to go for mine.. but i have alot of stuff done to it.. and dotn want my warrenty revoked.. plus im thinking about putting in a stage 2+ clutch on the car in march of 08... so im thinking its not worth it..

Well it was painless. I asked at the end of my oil change could I make an appointment to have the TSB done to my clutch and they simply asked when did I want to drop off my car. Taking it back on Wednesday.

Soooo, now that some time has passed and more people have gotten this done. Is it worth it? I wanted to see what other issues popped up from this rather large job. What other things dealers are breaking in the process etc.

Back