FS-DE Oil System

Got my pump back yesterday, haven't opened it yet, but it came in. Thanks Tom!

Whew! 25 pages read... There is a lot of info in here that isn't in the first post...

If someone doesn't do it before me (ahem, mods) I might just go through this whole thing and make a FAQ or something..

I'm actually a lot smarter now that I've read 362 posts though.. Maybe this is the optimum thread layout?

heres mine so far. just temporarily mocked up. oil cooler is mounted in wheel well, lines are AN -12, relocator and fittings bored and shaped for maximum flow and no sharp bends or restrictions. the motor is out and the windage tray is getting the weld in bung for the return line. no doubt the absolute pinnacle of this build. THANx Tom!!

Attachments

• p5 oil system.jpg
    p5 oil system.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 302
like i said, mocked up. the whole compartment is getting cleaned out and prepped for flat black paint. i still have to modify the radiator support so there will be more welding going on in there. the front sub frame was modded for the oil cooler and supports and thats why it looks like s*** right now.

So when will the project be back on the road...I can remember that day myself about 5days to swap in my sc motor and rebuild the tranny with the par gears. I was more nervous than anxious doing my first full tranny rebuild but she's a beast :)

i think thats the hardest part right now for me is not even having all the stuff needed right now. I am in process of ordering the PAR set up and am going to be sending payment to steedspeed for the new t3 mani. i was originally going to run a turbonetics GTK450, but the Garrett GT3071R is several hundred cheaper. while I am waiting, i have been fabbing brackets and totally revamping the entire wiring system. i want it to be clean and only have what is needed. with the new fuel system, oil system, cooling system..... blah, blah.... there is lots to be done. crazy tho, i already miss driving it.

hey shane, how hard is it to do the tranny gears? i know there will be some machining involved, but were PAR's instructions pretty comprehensive? what roadblocks did you run into? I am going to be doing everything they have to offer including the bearing cups. I have a feeling 450 is just not going to be enough sometime down the road and I sure as hell wont be wanting to do the tranny again.

I went by the how-to disassemble tranny thread and also in the broken 3rd gear thread there is a link focus gave me for everything including all the clearances. The only thing I did different than what the manual used was a special tool to set your clearances on the input and output shafts and differential. I did pretty good with some calipers and blue machinists spray dye. Make sure you don't break the black oiler spout thing under the black endcap for 5th/reverse.

Good luck and hit me up if I can help with anything else :)

Hey! Tom, I'm getting into my rebuild right now. What kinda time frame will I be looking at? I live pretty close to Maxx, about 3 hours further north... Actually used to see his car on the way to work.

Please PM me with some details, I have a pump on my junkyard motor I can send right away.

Hey! Tom, I'm getting into my rebuild right now. What kinda time frame will I be looking at? I live pretty close to Maxx, about 3 hours further north... Actually used to see his car on the way to work.

Please PM me with some details, I have a pump on my junkyard motor I can send right away.

PM sent

Please check PMs... would like to know current price if I also buy a core oil pump from you, and how much it would cost to ship overseas to the Philippines (I know you've answered before, but I don't know if the price has changed). I need this soon, but it'll cost too much to ship my current oil pump all the way there.

Please check PMs... would like to know current price if I also buy a core oil pump from you, and how much it would cost to ship overseas to the Philippines (I know you've answered before, but I don't know if the price has changed). I need this soon, but it'll cost too much to ship my current oil pump all the way there.

PM sent!!

Has their been a price change? I am thinking about picking up a extra pump, that way I can send it in.

anyone have photos of their install yet? here's mine. sorry the photos are small.

Attachments

• engine2.jpg
    engine2.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 240
  • oil filter.jpg
    oil filter.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 201
  • oil system.jpg
    oil system.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 190
  • open 4 business.jpg
    open 4 business.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 176
Wow lots of reading over 26 pages. I may need a new motor soon and just want it to be reliable and not have to worry. No boost, no big NA power. Will the oil pan still need to be tapped for return?

Would this setup be any different for an NA motor since there is no turbo oil lines needed?

Man this thread really makes me want to get an oil pressure gauge.

Back