DVD Headrest

dddd

Can any measure our mazda5 the OEM Distance between tubes for me please.
I am accidently bought a couple unit that is only fixed pole 6" distance between the tubes.

If it is any less or over 6" between the OEM factory holes, I will be ...xxxxx.

thanks

is it just me or the headrests are HUGE????? isn't it uncomfortable to drive like that? Just asking....
They are bigger in order to be able to fit the screen in there...but they don't really stick out more than the originals. I have not had any comfort issues.

Cheers m8....they look neat. I was sent the wrong ones ( usb only ), so they are going back for the ones with dvd. I also ordered the 7" ones

Are the USB only units any cheaper? I've kind of moved past the point of portable media. Virtually all my movies are stored on network storage so taking a few on a USB thumb drive is very practical for me. But if there is not price drop then I may as well have the DVD capability.

Are the USB only units any cheaper? I've kind of moved past the point of portable media. Virtually all my movies are stored on network storage so taking a few on a USB thumb drive is very practical for me. But if there is not price drop then I may as well have the DVD capability.
They were when I ordered mine. I ordered one DVD and one USB only, but I received two DVD models. THe nice thing about DVDs is that when you turn the car off and back on, the DVD will continue from where it left off. I don't think this is the case with USB, although I haven't tried it. I have tried it will a data DVD filled with .avi files, and didn't continue from the last position. Not a big deal if your kids are old enough to operate the remote and navigate the menus themselves.

Yes they are by $60. The original buy took 3 days to get to my door, but I sent the package back yesterday for the dvd type.

They were when I ordered mine. I ordered one DVD and one USB only, but I received two DVD models. THe nice thing about DVDs is that when you turn the car off and back on, the DVD will continue from where it left off. I don't think this is the case with USB, although I haven't tried it. I have tried it will a data DVD filled with .avi files, and didn't continue from the last position. Not a big deal if your kids are old enough to operate the remote and navigate the menus themselves.

Care to shed more light on your wiring of it and is there anything I need to buy from futureshop and the like to use for the installation?

Am thinking of perhaps getting an electrical store to install it properly for me

Care to shed more light on your wiring of it and is there anything I need to buy from futureshop and the like to use for the installation?

Am thinking of perhaps getting an electrical store to install it properly for me
I simply installed it according to the pictures shown earlier in this thread, using an Add-a-Circuit in the fuse box on the passenger side. Routed the wires from the DVD headrests down the inside of the seat backs to underneath the cup holders. Here you can make your AV connections between the two headrests, so they can show the same thing.

Routed wires for power from fuse box, under passenger side carpet to underneath cup holders again. I used butt connectors for making the connections. I got the wire, connectors and Add-a-Circuit all from Canadian Tire. Didn't take long to do and I have zero experience in this kind of stuff.

I simply installed it according to the pictures shown earlier in this thread, using an Add-a-Circuit in the fuse box on the passenger side. Routed the wires from the DVD headrests down the inside of the seat backs to underneath the cup holders. Here you can make your AV connections between the two headrests, so they can show the same thing.

Routed wires for power from fuse box, under passenger side carpet to underneath cup holders again. I used butt connectors for making the connections. I got the wire, connectors and Add-a-Circuit all from Canadian Tire. Didn't take long to do and I have zero experience in this kind of stuff.

Thanks for the explanation. So when I go to canadian tire, what are the items I should ask for to buy

1. add-a-circuit
2. butt connectors?
3. wires? what kind

please elaborate

Not that easy.

Well, I got mine done today. It wasn't as easy as I thought from the first place. WIring wasn't the difficulting to do but getting the wire thru the seat is a bit tricky. I had to almost take a part my seat to run the wire thru from the top of the seat to the bottom. It isn't hard, but it is very time consuming. (It took me almost 4 hours to completed the whole job, including mazda door sill).

ASPECT RATIO for 9" ers.

Can anyone verify the aspect ratio of the 9" screens ARE IN FACT 16:9 aspect ratio? And do they offer any better resolution than the 7" ones?

It claims a 16:9 but the resolution is 640x480 (NOT 16:9, BUT IN FACT 1.3x1= regular ol' TV).

I'm worried that all they've done is turn these into bus driver headrests by making them taller and just extending the screen up rather than actually making it bigger all around.

You just can't be sure by their website because it's so ghetto. There are typos everywhere and they have the pictures all wrong: they've labeled a 7" screen on the 9 inch unit and labeled the 9" unit with the 7" model number. Gahhheeeetto!

Still...good deal.

Last edited:
Well, I got mine done today. It wasn't as easy as I thought from the first place. WIring wasn't the difficulting to do but getting the wire thru the seat is a bit tricky. I had to almost take a part my seat to run the wire thru from the top of the seat to the bottom. It isn't hard, but it is very time consuming. (It took me almost 4 hours to completed the whole job, including mazda door sill).
Hmmm, that's weird. I don't remember this being difficult at all. I was worried it would be hard but all I had to do was unzip the seat cover on the back and there was lots of room to work. What model do you have? Mine is a 2006 GT.

Thanks for the explanation. So when I go to canadian tire, what are the items I should ask for to buy

1. add-a-circuit
2. butt connectors?
3. wires? what kind

please elaborate

3. I forget what gauge wire I used but you can check the pics from page 2 of this thread for ideas. Notice the black and red wires that run under the passenger foot well.

You will also need a ring style connector to connect the ground wire to the bolt as shown. And a wire stripper/crimper if you don't already have one.

Finally got around to installing my headrest and it could not have been easier. A big thanks to everyone who has posted pictures and instructions. It made things so simple!

Does anyone with the Inovatek Headrest notice that they are quite lose and rattle around a lot? Or is it just my setup?

Just finished installing my headrests today, it was a pain in the rear, but we got her done. We tapped into the steering wheel for power, and all wires were finished via the side of the driver sit, behind the front seats and underneath the middle air vent.

It was a clean install with no wires in view. We had to grind down a bit the grooves on the headrest adjustments to make it not rattle. Here are the pics

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

Just finished installing my headrests today, it was a pain in the rear, but we got her done. We tapped into the steering wheel for power, and all wires were finished via the side of the driver sit, behind the front seats and underneath the middle air vent.

It was a clean install with no wires in view. We had to grind down a bit the grooves on the headrest adjustments to make it not rattle. Here are the pics

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

Looks good man. If no secret, how much did it cost you shipped?

Back