DVD Headrest

I know we spell "color" different to Canada, "colour", but I was not aware that grey was called beige up there...(lol2)

I know we spell "color" different to Canada, "colour", but I was not aware that grey was called beige up there...(lol2)

Ok...I know sometimes a few Americans can come across as "thick", but where in that picture do you see Grey? The pic was taken at night, and if it came out as grey, then perhaps you should check some of the other pics have posted on here that shows the upholstery in daylight .

All I can say is thank God us Brits don't write "cheques" as "check", or "tyres" as "tires"

Ok...I know sometimes a few Americans can come across as "thick", but where in that picture do you see Grey? The pic was taken at night, and if it came out as grey, then perhaps you should check some of the other pics have posted on here that shows the upholstery in daylight .

All I can say is thank God us Brits don't write "cheques" as "check", or "tyres" as "tires"

I was just having a little fun(cabpatch)...I am actually Canadian and when I first moved to the States...I was 13...I had a hard time in English Class. All my papers were returned all marked up, because I spelled things the RIGHT way!

O'Canada...how I miss thee and Crown Royal!!!

Please take a picture of the DVD headrest outside, in the sun. Just curious to see how close the colour is outside.

... The pic was taken at night, and if it came out as grey, then perhaps you should check some of the other pics have posted on here that shows the upholstery in daylight ....."

do you mean THAT beige interior?

IMG_0495.jpg

(outie) (laugh)

no, wait, just having fun. i would love to have that beige interior, they dont sell it in europe, only black on black.

Last edited:
They look like a real nice setup, but I am seeing two different colors as well, beige headrests and grey interior :confused:

They look like a real nice setup, but I am seeing two different colors as well, beige headrests and grey interior :confused:

Really....the pic posted by the last poster, was of my son in a floor model. The car we bought is mica red. Why don't you look up mica red on the mazda site and see what colour the upholstery is?

Also you might want to take into consideration the blue LED lights in the pics of the dvd headrest install (confused)

Really....the pic posted by the last poster, was of my son in a floor model. The car we bought is mica red. Why don't you look up mica red on the mazda site and see what colour the upholstery is?

Also you might want to take into consideration the blue LED lights in the pics of the dvd headrest install (confused)

wasn't trying to be a dick at all, sorry. just from the pics you provided they look like i said, beige headrests and light grey interior. but i will take your word for it that you have beige interior, after all you are the 5's owner.....

The interior is more of a tan color, Mazda calls it "sand", closer to the color of the DVD headrests - I have the same Mazda5 interior. But in the picture the DVD headrest does appear to be a different color. Maybe the flash was playing tricks with the color of the interior; that's why I asked for a picture in natural light.

Take a look at your interior pics again - in the picture the DVD headrest and the rest of the interior really are different colors. Not even close. If they really do appear identical to you in the picture, you may be partially colorblind - it's not a big deal, just something to be aware of (I have a couple good friends who are partially colorblind).

Just finished installing my headrests today, it was a pain in the rear, but we got her done. We tapped into the steering wheel for power, and all wires were finished via the side of the driver sit, behind the front seats and underneath the middle air vent.

It was a clean install with no wires in view. We had to grind down a bit the grooves on the headrest adjustments to make it not rattle. Here are the pics

what is it exactly did you do to make it stop rattling?

Finally got around to installing my headrest and it could not have been easier. A big thanks to everyone who has posted pictures and instructions. It made things so simple!

Does anyone with the Inovatek Headrest notice that they are quite lose and rattle around a lot? Or is it just my setup?
Well, I'll tell you what I did to stop the rattle, do this at your own risk...
I assume you used the bigger post sleeves that slide on over the headrest posts.
I removed my headrest, pushed the post sleeve up firmly against the headrest and then tightly wrapped some electrical tape around the bottom of the post sleeve where it meets the inner post, basically taping the post sleeve to the inner post. I only wrapped it 1 or 1.5 times or else it'll be too thick to get back into the seat.
I also, ever so gently, crimped the post sleeve to the inner post with a pair of vice grips. I did that further up on the post, closer to the headrest.
I think most of the rattling was the two posts hitting each other, now that they are kinda secured to each other, it's nice and quiet.
I only had to do this on the passenger seat, which is usually empty.
The drivers seat does not seem to rattle, probably (and obviously) because there is always someone sitting in it and absorbing the vibration if the car is being driven.

Last edited:
Got 9" DVD installed today. I managed to hook everything up so every unit can send and receive the signal including my 7" DVD head unit. I set DVD headrest volume to 0 and use my sound system for everything. I'll post some pis soon

Thanks to all those that posted photos and instructions on installation. Yesterday I installed the 7" players from mp3playerstore.com. Install was very straightforward.

However, it seems that video output from screen #1 to screen #2 is very poor. Lots of ghosting zigzag lines etc showing up on screen 2 when using screen 1 as the source. The video on screen 1 is crystal clear. Also, when playing DVD directly on screen 2, video is crystal clear.

Any suggestions on how to improve video quality would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Got 9" DVD installed today. I managed to hook everything up so every unit can send and receive the signal including my 7" DVD head unit. I set DVD headrest volume to 0 and use my sound system for everything. I'll post some pis soon

I DEMAND PICTURES, OR IT DID NOT HAPPEN.... (moon)

No really, good for you, hope it works out good, but for sure, some pics would be nice. (2thumbs)

Peace!(rei)

I'm new here and getting back to having a Mazda. I used to have a 93 MX6 from when my brother worked at Mazda.

This week I take delivery of my Mazada 5 GT in Mica Red.
I'm hoping to order a pair of headrests. I'm considering the twin DVD's or running DVD master+ USB slave. I'm wondering if 9" makes for an awkward looking LARGE headreast.

Any comments on that?
Can any one confirm the color match for the Sand/Beige interior to the Beige headrest? It's a US/Ca car.

Last edited:
Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

I just picked up the Mz5 right now.
Mica Copper Red GT

Last night I ordered the DVD 907 and one USB 907 on ebay and got out with $265 shipped.

Hopefully I can take a crack at it next week to drop them in. Canadian shipping to CA, no way it'll get here for the weekend.

Back