505 Intake Manifold COMPLETED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm no extra injectors eh?? maybe ill just have to upgrade my 440s then and only run 4... we'll see

either way im in for sure.. awaiting patiently for update

uhoh teaser pic time till rich makes his post with the rest =)

DSC01864.JPG

Here are a few more...

DSC01862.JPG

DSC01863.JPG

DSC01866.JPG

I was going to post the pic of the injector hole fixture, but don't want to put up any free design ideas. :)

You can see how much better the new flange is than the original mockup. Overall design is way improved making it much lighter, and the machine work is a hundred times better. The runner openings on it are perfectly gasket matched. You can also see the dishes for the injector tips clearly in the last pic, and on the inside edge of the runner opening in the first two. They look exactly like the dishes on the stock flange do, and are very well done. Lastly, notice the machined lip for the runners to "lock" into. This will be implemented on not only the flange, but also on the plenum floor, so strength and longevity will be top notch.

The blue line on the mockup plenum is the new roof-line. That revision will get us right back into the ideal range as far as volume goes.

So, everything looked great and I signed off on the final design. Wes and Kelly said they would try to get it done for me for next week, so we'll see very soon how this b**** does in the real world. As soon as Kelly has his machine time logged, I'll know how much I owe his boss for the machine time, and I'll be able to figure out the end cost for you guys.

edit- almost forgot... EGR guys, I made a revision for you as well. The setup will now be a little cleaner and there won't be any weight dangling off of your stock EGR tube. Basically, there will be a flange on the underside of the plenum that you will bolt your stock EGR valve onto. This obviously won't be in the same spot as stock, so I will provide a flexible line that will run from the end of your stock tube to the new inlet on the flange. I am hoping that this will also cut the cost of the EGR option a little.

Will update again as soon as I get news from Kelly and Wes.

can't wait to buy one. Looks a little big though is it gonna fit? Don't answer that I'm sure it will or why would you be making it.

can't wait to buy one. Looks a little big though is it gonna fit? Don't answer that I'm sure it will or why would you be making it.

lol, yeah, it fits. Here is a shot of the big portly mockup:

2ndmockup7.JPG

Finished piece is only getting smaller, so it will clear everything no problem. Pretty sure it will even clear the flatter style strut bars like the cusco and such. One other hidden bonus is that it is a million times easier to install than a stock manifold. You can get at the bottom bolts no problem with just about any wrench or ratchet. :)

Oh and about the injectors... yeah I'm not going to mess with that on this first batch. Too many other things going on with the project for now to get into that one... so much work for only a couple of manifolds.

Nice pics and everything. But I would like to know the time frame of this thing being made and sold to everyone?

final price hasnt been established and there hopin to have the proto done next week after they proto is done they can tab up the time the machines have to run also the time for everythign to be put together. then we will have the final price

Yeah the hard parts are all done now. Everything can be made in quantity with exact specs on every single one. Now that we have all these different tools made, it won't take very long to actually crank them out. We just need road testing and then dyno validation on the car, plus any fine adjustments that need to be made after that.

Again I still can not figure the exact price because I don't have the exact hours of time that will be spent on the machines. Nothing has come up that makes me think we will be above the $700 point yet, if that helps at all. Still trying to keep this lower than similar manifolds for other cars, while packing in as much quality and performance as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back