435 miles on a tank

As I go pushing my 5 to the gas station.....if I don't get close to 500 this tank, I'll give it a real try next tank...

I'm jealous. I can't get more than about 330 miles on a tank. My 08 only has 1,8xx miles so I have only filled it 5 times now. All city and it only gets 18.1mpg on 1st tank and 17.9 on the 2nd. Half city and half highway and the range has been between 21.7-23.2mpg on my last 3 fillups. But on the interstate I drive about 68-70 with the cruise and AC on, and I am NO leadfoot around town but always use AC. I am hoping this gets better with more mileage.

My dad's 09 with 700 miles got 24mpg according to his math on its first tank and 24.8 on the second (95% city).

Didn't fill the tank, just had a $20 on me, but I was at 458 when I put the gas in. I'm guessing maybe 475-480 would have been possible. Next fill I'll go for 500.

i got 455 on a tank at half it was at 225 miles. I notice that the more miles you have on the better gas mileage you get. So that makes it 35 MPG and I was driving between 65-75 MPH on the Fl turnpike. with the air on.and its a 08 Mazda5

Just back from Montreal to Toronto....

Boy, my 08GTAuto feels as good or better than MOST MERCEDES BENZ I driven - from my MB fanatic mouth. The stability/secureness/downforce at high speed generated that makes your bottom closer to ground is rarely found on most cars on the market regardless price, period. The highway response speed and liveliness just don't make you feel like this is a tiny minivan with just 150hp... With fatter sway bar, it should be perfect. The 4th gear is also welly design for highway over passing. Again... last Cayenne/X5 i drove wasn't that smooth on the highway... as well as secureness.

Anyway, I'm getting close to 600 km a tank... dunno how much MPG is that... but not bad compare to 3XX - 400 km a tank in city! Was driving average 130 km/h... not slow!

Last edited:
This tank should be around 460 or more...I'll have to see when the light comes on...still a day or two away from that.

I just had 226 at half a tank. Drove to Colorado Springs and back. Helped the mileage!

Yeah, that makes sense.... no, wait, What? LOL. Anywho, I feel that I love my car a little bit more today :D

NO seriously, this is a very good highway car.

2 things can makes it better - lower windnoise/soundproofing. and better lateral suspension supports - sway bars... (laugh)

Fast and more stable (or should i use secure), on the highway than my last GTI or Civic SIR (hatchback made in UK).

After close to three years and 40,000 miles, I wouldn't mind having the GT auto transmission. So much shifting, and the tranny isn't really inspiring. But it's holding up well. I haven't had any issues with the car...okay, it still does that damned hesitation thing once in a blue moon when the car is cold. (wedge)

After close to three years and 40,000 miles, I wouldn't mind having the GT auto transmission. So much shifting, and the tranny isn't really inspiring

Have you had troubles with the manual transmission?

Back