Your thoughts on..

k-lea

Banned
:
2005 GTO
This was brought to my attention by another member, BoostedNB.

after searching high and low for a CF hood on NB models i was relieved that Warren had shown me this:

2b.jpg

http://www.vary.co.jp/

yay, or nay?

-Kristin said:
This was brought to my attention by another member, BoostedNB.

after searching high and low for a CF hood on NB models i was relieved that Warren had shown me this:

2b.jpg

http://www.vary.co.jp/

yay, or nay?
is it vented/functional? Yay either way.. its very nice and Ive never seen it before on a miata.. doo eet.

then put all their stickers on the hood..

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

i'm thinking it is vented. it's hard to find ANYTHING about the hood.

and you are right, it's rare to see it on miatas. only thing is, is that it's not cheap at all.
Warren has mentioned there is a hood and a trunk. hood being 1800 and trunk 1100. since it's JDM he also told me that they only ship to the US 2 times a year, which is sad day for Kristin if i ever do end up blowing that 1k+ on a freakin' hood, i want it, and i want it now.

you can hit up gemini and ask them to make a reverse cowl hood for you miata people. Thata what we did for the Protege and how I got my hood. Real unbelieveable fitment and finish. You can contact Niv on here and ask him to get in cantact with gemini and try to get a group buy going on.

I might just take you up on that offer.

you got my aim, message me. >.< i think the group buy will be a little hard since MOST miata owners are 30+ and not really into what we are, styling wise.

that same hood was actually on a spec miata that was for sale on flyinmiata awhile back, it is vented at least the usdm one is. i know theres a jdm one as well but not sure on the venting. funny this topic came up the day im getting my cf hood installed on my 92. its an odd fit as i had to trim some of the hood to make it fit due to poor design but its on, ill drop a few pics later tonight if i get the chance, next step is paint shop :)

this is the site of the car that sold that had it on, found it at the last second hehe http://www.pbase.com/beagleracing/uber_sim

3uno5 said:
that same hood was actually on a spec miata that was for sale on flyinmiata awhile back, it is vented at least the usdm one is. i know theres a jdm one as well but not sure on the venting. funny this topic came up the day im getting my cf hood installed on my 92. its an odd fit as i had to trim some of the hood to make it fit due to poor design but its on, ill drop a few pics later tonight if i get the chance, next step is paint shop :)

this is the site of the car that sold that had it on, found it at the last second hehe http://www.pbase.com/beagleracing/uber_sim

hrm, more research is needed -begins-. the hood didn't really strike me as attractive at first, but it kind of grew on me.

either way i'd have a nice little wait until i can get a CF hood and I'm still kind of siding on if it's worth it or not. one of the "joys" of modifying your car is picking and choosing which ones you want and which ones you need. sometimes the want overlays the need but i need to be more picky on my purchases. make sense?

-Kristin said:
hrm, more research is needed -begins-. the hood didn't really strike me as attractive at first, but it kind of grew on me.

either way i'd have a nice little wait until i can get a CF hood and I'm still kind of siding on if it's worth it or not. one of the "joys" of modifying your car is picking and choosing which ones you want and which ones you need. sometimes the want overlays the need but i need to be more picky on my purchases. make sense?
yup.. and by the time you are done with your -research- the hood should be in stock. (thumb)

NoRotor said:
$2900 for a hood and trunk...waste of money IMO
the trunk i would for sure not be getting. i don't want too much CF nor do i want to spend too much money. i think if i got a CF hood i'll be pretty content with the carbon fiber for a while.

Nutari said:
yup.. and by the time you are done with your -research- the hood should be in stock. (thumb)
I'm guessing you are curious about this hood and doing some searching yourself?

well, if you find anything please link me (if you even looked). i'm pretty stumped on searching right now.

iFail.

The Miata hood is aluminum and the weight savings might be like 15 lbs total*... not worth it unless you are going for the form over function.

*Flyin Miata recorded all the weight specs on each of the items they took off when they were building turbo dog and the OE hood was very light. CF wont do much.

Here is their fiberglass hood that is ONE pound lighter then stock... but $600. They stopped doing CF.

http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=1614&parentid=0&stocknumber=29-56010

That is NA model.

<- NB.

i'm not really trying to make a difference in my weight. this is really not about weight, this is about body styling and if it'd look good and what not. weight i could careless. i mean, sure, i'm sitting in 2700lb or so car and i wouldn't mind getting more of a weigh gain on the other cars but in all honesty it's about the look.

Back