Yet another engine mount failure

Nutari

Contributor
:
2010 Mazdaspeed3
Got the recall work done as soon as the recall came out. Yesterday, the engine fell down. :(

Pictures will be up later.

looks exactly the same as all the others. Underneath, it popped the axle out amongst other things.

I'm hoping they will just buy it back. I just don't even feel safe. The car has 11k miles and its just a little over 2 years old.

Attachments

• enginefell01.jpg
    enginefell01.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 915
  • enginefell02.jpg
    enginefell02.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 781
  • enginefell03.jpg
    enginefell03.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 942
  • enginefell04.jpg
    enginefell04.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 800
Last edited:
OUCH, not a strong selling point. "See how the car automatically adjusts it's center of gravity?"

Sorry to hear and good luck.

So im basically in shock. Mazda supposedly did the recall work and it still fell out. (yupnope) (pissed) (boom08)

What were your driving habits during that 11K miles?

What were your driving habits during that 11K miles?
Does it even matter? this car is sold and built under the impression that you are going to be a spirited driver...thats the problem with these damn car companies. f**k the bailout.

ya know it's so funny cause everytime someone has an issue that's rare or even not so rare there is always someone saying, did you abuse it. and apparently mazda is always quick to void the warranty. but yet if i had a new 4x4 and still lived in wv and say an axle broke out on a logging road, nothing would be asked. if everyone would get together i would almost guarentee that mazda wouldn't be pulling half the s*** they and the dealers do to try and get outta fixing what they should be

ya know it's so funny cause everytime someone has an issue that's rare or even not so rare there is always someone saying, did you abuse it. and apparently mazda is always quick to void the warranty. but yet if i had a new 4x4 and still lived in wv and say an axle broke out on a logging road, nothing would be asked. if everyone would get together i would almost guarentee that mazda wouldn't be pulling half the s*** they and the dealers do to try and get outta fixing what they should be

I agree to a point. The car shouldn't break under normal use and intended use. But racing and mods are not intended use and can easily cause more wear on parts or complete failure. It is silly to expect a manufacturer to honor abuse outside the realm of their intended use of the vehicle and stock parts.

outside intended use???was is the 'intended use' of a mazda speed3 with 263hp turbo motor, with a very tight suspension? i mean i think it's funny cause it goes all across the board.....what's the intended use of a new vette zr1....it's not exactly your avg sun driver to church. if you build a sports car you can't deny anything for it being driven hard. and if the motor falls(and this is the 2nd guy in what, a week. putting on an intake, or other normal mods that a grandmother might put on a car won't cause the mount to fail.

and as for mods such as mounts....it looks like people are replacing things that well need to be replaced

yours was an 07 is that right?

mine has a build date of 08/08 hopefully won't have any of these probs... please don't mister car!

Does the bolt back its way out? Or are they breaking for the most part. I know the recall has to do with replacing the bolt, and adding locktite or something correct? Its the kind of thing where Im tempted to pull the battery out and put some superglue around the bolt just in case.

Thats my question? Does the mount break or does the bolt back out? I've seen broken mounts, doesn't mean that the whole engine falls out of the car. If the whole mount is breaking away from the car, now thats a huge problem. Regardless if I race it, go off roading with it, it doesn't matter that should never happen.

If somebody could clarify for me, what exactly is happening with the mount. I'm very curious.

Thanks.

Gmac

Yeah there is no way I would ask Nutari about his driving habits. The engine falling out is just unacceptable. This car is designed for spirited driving. Aside from doing redline clutch drops all day this shouldn't happen. And even still I used to do stupid s*** like that is older POS beaters and I've never seen such a thing happen!

It's amazing they fixed it under recall and it still happened too....I'm worried that it could happen to 08/08.5's too if they used supposedly new hardware.

My driving habits have nothing to do with it. Plain and simple, the car was designed poorly. Even their service manager said the exact same thing.

Ever since Ford came into the picture, Mazda has going down the drain...
The MZR engine, is a Ford design... (bang)

Hey Nutari, what year is your car, and why did you do the recall now?
I thought the tranny mount recall was for 2007 only; they supposedly fixed the issue on the later model years.

Back