Yes! Voided Warranty

yea Mazda is just being an asshole i had a supercharger, eibach pro kit and numerous mods done to my 04 svt focus and had a axle replaced under warranty...they never said anything beside they get alot of their help info from forums.. i laughed..

That is Ford. I have heard people have have had good luck with ford and their warranty

Man people in here are rather stupid...

I think his only problem is the fact he took off the catalytic converters, which are required by law in all states. Putting on a larger diameter exhaust is not going to hurt the turbo, its going to help it work easier. For any of you to say "You put an intake on your car, its your fault the turbo seals blew" shows your complete ignorance to how an engine works.

As others have stated, the ONLY reason those who have deleted cats or added race pipes noticed their car smoking is because they made it easier to notice the problem itself. Stock MS3s and MS6's are having the same turbo seal problems. Its not from modifying the cars exhaust system, or an intake. Its because of a bad turbo seal design. Nothing more and nothing less. At the most modifying it only makes the current EXISTING problem worse. it is not the CAUSE of the problem.

Some of these shops have complete idiots working there... I had my car towed to brookdale mazda here in mn because my traction control light stayed on, and the car was bogging when I gave it gas. First off they claimed there was no CEL, and the problem resolved itself. Got the car back and all my radio presets were gone. It was obvious they disconnected the battery to erase the CEL code.

While speaking to the tech he stated "We test drove the vehicle and the tech says it sounds like you have a boost leak, we noticed your cold air intake and think that may be your problem." Oh yes, an intake that only sees vacuum, never boost... is going to cause a boost leak :rolleyes: Seriously how dumb to these shops think us consumers are?

Man people in here are rather stupid...

I think his only problem is the fact he took off the catalytic converters, which are required by law in all states. Putting on a larger diameter exhaust is not going to hurt the turbo, its going to help it work easier. For any of you to say "You put an intake on your car, its your fault the turbo seals blew" shows your complete ignorance to how an engine works.

As others have stated, the ONLY reason those who have deleted cats or added race pipes noticed their car smoking is because they made it easier to notice the problem itself. Stock MS3s and MS6's are having the same turbo seal problems. Its not from modifying the cars exhaust system, or an intake. Its because of a bad turbo seal design. Nothing more and nothing less. At the most modifying it only makes the current EXISTING problem worse. it is not the CAUSE of the problem.

Some of these shops have complete idiots working there... I had my car towed to brookdale mazda here in mn because my traction control light stayed on, and the car was bogging when I gave it gas. First off they claimed there was no CEL, and the problem resolved itself. Got the car back and all my radio presets were gone. It was obvious they disconnected the battery to erase the CEL code.

While speaking to the tech he stated "We test drove the vehicle and the tech says it sounds like you have a boost leak, we noticed your cold air intake and think that may be your problem." Oh yes, an intake that only sees vacuum, never boost... is going to cause a boost leak :rolleyes: Seriously how dumb to these shops think us consumers are?

+1

I don't think that you understand my point, if you modify you exhaust you will have a greater chance of voiding your warranty. We do improve on the breathing of the engine to create more power which in relation will create more stress on the engine components and the manufacturer CAN void your warranty for it. Manufacturers approve a CAI only after they prove they can maintain proper air:fuel ratios since MAFs can be so sensitive to a change in air speed from its pre-programed parameters. One example was when the 04 STi came out the first makers ran into problems with the cars running lean. And Subaru was voiding warranties left and right. But also depended on the dealer as some of them wouldn't report modifications.

Just got myself a 08.5 CWP Speed3 and I'm wondering if the turbo seal still applies to the 08.5??

Thanks

Speaking of dealerships....................a MASTER tech told me that my clunking noise coming from the front suspension MIGHT be NORMAL (trust me is fkin bad)........and squeaking that was there before they replaced my front struts is now back........

Ive got 11,000 on the car its been at the dealership 6 or 7 times.............and i hate going back to the dealer picking up the car and coming back 10 minutes after with a problem that the tech caused.

Driving piece of s*** enterprise rentals, did i ever say how much i hate enterprise fk.

dealership just want to fook you plain and simple.

When they replaced the struts did they replace the strut bearings? Have the sway bar bushings been inspected? What about end links?

I had two blown struts and a horrible squeak in my front drivers side. Replaced the struts and strut bearing. Huge improvement, no more crunch/squeak. The strut bearing seemed fine when I took it out but I suspect that under load it doesn't perform as well as it does when you have it in your hand.

Sweet thnx for the info....all they fixed was struts i believe i will have them take a look at it again when im gonna go in to have my control arms replaced.

I dont know if there failing or dealership is just shooting blanks lol.............but after the replaced my struts car started to make all kinds of weird clunking noises.......and they blamed control arms......

Im fed up with this bs that's why im gonna tell'em to MAKE SURE there is no squeaking or clunking noises before i pick the car up I dont feel like wasting another day of work just to fight with em, and I dont care if it takes em months. I WANT IT FIXED.

Just got myself a 08.5 CWP Speed3 and I'm wondering if the turbo seal still applies to the 08.5??

Thanks
I can't imagine them doing a half-year revision just to add MP3 to the stereo. Hopefully this is something they addressed.

This is a prime example of why you need to find a good dealer/service department BEFORE you have issues.

My advise? Go in and be polite. When getting normal stuff done (oil changes etc.) ask your SM what their policy on Mods is. Get to know them and determine how far they are willing to let you go. A good SM will not be worried about normal mods or even extreme mods if they get to know you and trust your skills.

Going in with major mods and they don't know who the hell you are is just asking for trouble. Take the time to get to know your SM and Techs. Taking the time to actually get to know them now may help you in the future.

I wish you luck in your case. I would get a lawyer and fight it. Never just sit back and accept an answer like that. They have already set a precedent by replacing other Turbos with the smoking issue.

the same thing happend to my car an its sat for a year an then some. I've replaced the turbo, headgasket, piston rings an now to top it i have an exhaust leak. All i can say is, its a fun experience.

Back