Yes! Voided Warranty

Ms3InMd

So I don't know if this is in the right section but I'm hoping to get some sympathizers. Basically when I first bought the car I noticed smoking after extended idling. The dealer said it was just condensation. Well now I have a dp and know it is the turbo seals. So I go to the dealer and they call the mazda tech line and say it is a known problem with the seals but they have to call the district manager. I then get a call saying that he voided my complete warranty because of a cai, boost gauge and a tbe. Which I dont have, I have a dp, rp and two resonators removed from the stock exhaust. I call mazda and say hey what about Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act. They say their warranty isn't covered by these standards. This dealer also put my lugs on loose and said it was because of their faulty air tools. Any ideas what else to do I am calling the states attorney office tommorow to ask if the warranty does fall under the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act. Then plan to take them to small claims court.

So I don't know if this is in the right section but I'm hoping to get some sympathizers. Basically when I first bought the car I noticed smoking after extended idling. The dealer said it was just condensation. Well now I have a dp and know it is the turbo seals. So I go to the dealer and they call the mazda tech line and say it is a known problem with the seals but they have to call the district manager. I then get a call saying that he voided my complete warranty because of a cai, boost gauge and a tbe. Which I dont have, I have a dp, rp and two resonators removed from the stock exhaust. I call mazda and say hey what about Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act. They say their warranty isn't covered by these standards. This dealer also put my lugs on loose and said it was because of their faulty air tools. Any ideas what else to do I am calling the states attorney office tommorow to ask if the warranty does fall under the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act. Then plan to take them to small claims court.
You took your car to the dealer with your Race Pipe on?does your DP have a CAT?I can see not changing your DP back to stock but you should of took off the race pipe since its so easy to do.Im guessing they dont like it when people take off there Cats but I dont know.
Good Luck..

What dealership did you go to? Make sure I stay the flock away from them

Small claims court is a good option. It's not surprising that they denied it as that is standard practice. They simply want you to go away. Nothing like a summons to appear to let them know that you are not.

Don't give up, that's what they want you to do. Start preparing your case and go to the courthouse and file the claim.

in order for them to void your warranty they have to prove that the aftermarket parts caused the failure. the boost gauge wouldnt do it. the cai depends on the maker of it and the dp you may have an issue with. put back stock dp and take it to another dealer

WOW, talk about a community that offers no help! The dealer is obviously trying to get out of fixing the car. I am shocked that no has offered any assistance to him. Personally I would ask Mazda to send me the addendum where it states that the Magnusson Moss Warranty does not apply to this particular vehicle?

I know they can be intimidating, when talk about a warranty is shot about, but there is absolutely no reason they should void your warranty unless they can prove the RP caused the failure, I would try to find the Service Bulletin that highlights the smoking issue and failed turbo.

Come on guys lets help this fellow if we can!

So our turbo basically suck huh? (boom01)

I'm actually somewhat heart broken for you because that must really really suck!!

This is sort of making me think again before I mod my car!! DO you think we would be alright if we got all the Mazdaspeed MODS? I'm wondering now if a CAI might blow out my turbo... Stories suck penis (blowjob)

Small claims court is a good option. It's not surprising that they denied it as that is standard practice. They simply want you to go away. Nothing like a summons to appear to let them know that you are not.

Don't give up, that's what they want you to do. Start preparing your case and go to the courthouse and file the claim.

+1

WOW, talk about a community that offers no help! The dealer is obviously trying to get out of fixing the car. I am shocked that no has offered any assistance to him. Personally I would ask Mazda to send me the addendum where it states that the Magnusson Moss Warranty does not apply to this particular vehicle?

I know they can be intimidating, when talk about a warranty is shot about, but there is absolutely no reason they should void your warranty unless they can prove the RP caused the failure, I would try to find the Service Bulletin that highlights the smoking issue and failed turbo.

Come on guys lets help this fellow if we can!

YEAH! THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ANY OF US AND I THINK IT WOULD BE TO ALL OF OUR BEST INTEREST TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BS

The problem is the dealer probably has a record of them stating the smoking was just condensation. Now, if in fact the turbo is bad, they can see the car has a history but because he modded the car its all moot. When will people learn to not modify cars on which they want to retain the warranty? It sucks but as far as I'm concerned if you modify your powertrain, you lose your powertrain warranty.

No way he will lose since Mazda NA has replaced the turbos on this model due to bad seals. If that was not the case, he'd have issues perhaps. FIGHT THEM IN COURT!

You can go on line and get all of the information that you need to file a claim. Don't know about MD, but in FL its less than $150 and you can have the Sheriff deliver the supeona for you.

Most likely they will fix it before the final hearing is scheduled if it gets that far. You have to show them that you mean business and are not going away.

No way he will lose since Mazda NA has replaced the turbos on this model due to bad seals. If that was not the case, he'd have issues perhaps. FIGHT THEM IN COURT!

You can go on line and get all of the information that you need to file a claim. Don't know about MD, but in FL its less than $150 and you can have the Sheriff deliver the supeona for you.

Most likely they will fix it before the final hearing is scheduled if it gets that far. You have to show them that you mean business and are not going away.

+1 FOR POSITIVE ATTITUDE!

Magnusson Moss -- the burden of proof is on the dealer. If it does go to court, check with the manufacturer of the DP to see if they can provide some data to back you up that the dp didn't cause the problem, but instead revealed an existing problem. I heard from a mazda tech that mazda actually has a list of approved mods for the ms3 and according to him, TBE was one of the ok mods. Now this is just hearsay, but it may help.

The problem is the dealer probably has a record of them stating the smoking was just condensation. Now, if in fact the turbo is bad, they can see the car has a history but because he modded the car its all moot. When will people learn to not modify cars on which they want to retain the warranty? It sucks but as far as I'm concerned if you modify your powertrain, you lose your powertrain warranty.

-1 FOR LACK OF POSITIVE MORAL SUPPORT (stooges)

Magnusson Moss -- the burden of proof is on the dealer. If it does go to court, check with the manufacturer of the DP to see if they can provide some data to back you up that the dp didn't cause the problem, but instead revealed an existing problem. I heard from a mazda tech that mazda actually has a list of approved mods for the ms3 and according to him, TBE was one of the ok mods. Now this is just hearsay, but it may help.

hmmm i wonder where i can find that list.. would make life easier to pick and choose which mods i would want to buy in specific...

but on the thread side of thing.. that does suck... but can a dealership just void your warrenty without actually telling you right then and there... and ontop of that tell you u have a tbe when in reality you dont...fight them in court or call mazda na see wut they can do... or go over there and steal a new turbo off of another speed3 (laugh)

Basically I requested to be contacted by the district manager and he said he refused to call me. Yes, supposedly my vin is in the system for the voided warranty because mazda na said they saw it and they have no one higher then the district manager that will talk to me. Also the tech slipped when talking to me because he said the mazda tech folks know about the turbo issue and I even showed them a work order from someone else, also he told me my lugs were loose because of a leak in their air tools. When I talked to cp-e they said that this dp would not cause the seal problems. So if I do go to court I would try to talk to them or txs about coming with. For now I am thinking of trying to sue them the price of the turbo and 8 hours labor since thats what they told me it would cost, but I will find out more when I talk to the states attorney. Also the dealer name is russell mazda and it was definately stupid to go in there modded but you can see they voided the warranty for other bull s*** reasons. Anyways thanks a lot for the support everyone.

Back