Yes there will be fix with the Resuming Playback Issue on the CX5 Rdio

I have a CX-9 and indeed it has the same issue. I talked to the Asst. Manager at my dealer yesterday and he confirmed that when they contacted Mazda about this issue, they acknowledged it and said they are working on a fix and that it is in the Bluetooth unit. No denial here.

What is the best way to make sure we communicate the issue with Mazda? The Bluetooth is the biggest issue with me as it's a handsfree issue for phone use, which is a safety issue.

What is the best way to make sure we communicate the issue with Mazda? The Bluetooth is the biggest issue with me as it's a handsfree issue for phone use, which is a safety issue.

I've posted this link before; but, for those of you not yet aware of it and to save others from having to try to find it, here is a link to a petition for Mazda to address and repair the head unit issues:

https://www.change.org/petitions/maz...he-2014-mazda6

Despite the Mazda 6 reference, if you read the petition, it is also applicable to the CX-5 (because they share the same head unit/software).

Short of starting a class action lawsuit, I think this might be one of the best avenues to let Mazda know the magnitude of its customers dissatisfaction and to compel them to address it before it starts to impact their sales.

I just checked. the petition has been signed by 2,276 as of this posting; only 224 from the needed threshold of 2,500. I don't know if it will make one whit of difference; but, it can't hurt.

I've posted this link before; but, for those of you not yet aware of it and to save others from having to try to find it, here is a link to a petition for Mazda to address and repair the head unit issues:

https://www.change.org/petitions/maz...he-2014-mazda6

Despite the Mazda 6 reference, if you read the petition, it is also applicable to the CX-5 (because they share the same head unit/software).

Short of starting a class action lawsuit, I think this might be one of the best avenues to let Mazda know the magnitude of its customers dissatisfaction and to compel them to address it before it starts to impact their sales.

I just checked. the petition has been signed by 2,276 as of this posting; only 224 from the needed threshold of 2,500. I don't know if it will make one whit of difference; but, it can't hurt.
Looks like mazda is aware of the issue and working on a solution to fix the issues. Lets be little more patient.
BTW, i already signed the petition.

Looks like mazda is aware of the issue and working on a solution to fix the issues. Lets be little more patient.
BTW, i already signed the petition.

Sorry, I don't mean to beat a dead horse; however, my post was not directed to those who had already signed the petition; but, was in response to the post I quoted, which asked for the best way to communicate this issue to Mazda.

I don't have a vested interest in having the petition signed, other than being a CX-5 owner myself and wishing to have the head unit issues fixed. I find the several head unit shortcomings (malfunctions) annoying and believe that it was dishonest of Mazda to sell something which so obviously doesn't work as advertised and promised.

As to being a little more patient, Mazda has known about this issue for about a year and so far, the only thing they've offered are empty promises. Granted, I picked up my vehicle only 2 months ago, with 'eyes wide open' to the head unit issues; however, how can it hurt to continually prod Mazda to do the right thing and get it fixed. My being 'impatient' is the far less egregious offense compared to Mazda advertising, promoting and selling a product that doesn't work as advertised, IMHO.

I wouldn't bet the farm that Mazda will fix the problems of their own volition any time soon, either, considering their past history. Their habit of replying to dissatisfied owners with, 'It is operating as intended' to various legitimate complaints, gives you an idea of how committed they are to 'fixing' things.

Sorry, I don't mean to beat a dead horse; however, my post was not directed to those who had already signed the petition; but, was in response to the post I quoted, which asked for the best way to communicate this issue to Mazda.

I don't have a vested interest in having the petition signed, other than being a CX-5 owner myself and wishing to have the head unit issues fixed. I find the several head unit shortcomings (malfunctions) annoying and believe that it was dishonest of Mazda to sell something which so obviously doesn't work as advertised and promised.

As to being a little more patient, Mazda has known about this issue for about a year and so far, the only thing they've offered are empty promises. Granted, I picked up my vehicle only 2 months ago, with 'eyes wide open' to the head unit issues; however, how can it hurt to continually prod Mazda to do the right thing and get it fixed. My being 'impatient' is the far less egregious offense compared to Mazda advertising, promoting and selling a product that doesn't work as advertised, IMHO.

I wouldn't bet the farm that Mazda will fix the problems of their own volition any time soon, either, considering their past history. Their habit of replying to dissatisfied owners with, 'It is operating as intended' to various legitimate complaints, gives you an idea of how committed they are to 'fixing' things.
me too would like to see the issue get fixed.
Canucklehead, my comment about being patient was just a general comment and didnt mean to hurt anybody. I just meant "lets wait and see" ( english is not my mother tongue)

I signed the petition previously, but just wanted to see if there was an official way to get complaints logged in.

I signed the petition previously, but just wanted to see if there was an official way to get complaints logged in.

I wish this petition was proofread. A well written document, I believe, adds credibility and validity. But I suppose it gets the message across.

if they haven't fixed it by now - it's been happening over a year - i doubt they are going to fix it.

found this on another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raegten View Post
I got a call from Mazda UK mid March to say there was a fix on the way. At the time it was implied that it may be both hardware and software to be fixed. Today I heard from my dealer in Dublin that the Bluetooth Controll Module needs to be replaced. They have to swap out the existing module with a replacement part that should be available second week of April.
The issue I went to Mazda about was the long wait on start up for usb and also having to start on the same first song every time. Apparently...this is the fix we've been waiting for.

With bated breath we wait to hear...
found this on another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raegten View Post
I got a call from Mazda UK mid March to say there was a fix on the way. At the time it was implied that it may be both hardware and software to be fixed. Today I heard from my dealer in Dublin that the Bluetooth Controll Module needs to be replaced. They have to swap out the existing module with a replacement part that should be available second week of April.
The issue I went to Mazda about was the long wait on start up for usb and also having to start on the same first song every time. Apparently...this is the fix we've been waiting for.

Well, my hope grows; it seems the fix is here: see this post here:

Apparently there is a FIX for the MP3 startup problem. I have a 2014 CX-5 and I use a USB stick with MP3's. It worked, but annoyingly, restating at the first song every time the car was restarted. Initially I just lived with it.
With about 5000 miles on the car, the bluetooth just stopped working, the option was grey-ed out on the screen.
I took it into the shop, and the mechanic said normally they just reset them, but he said there is a new module available, and he would order that for me. I didn't mention anything about the USB/MP3 issue. As I was waiting for the module to arrive, I noticed that the USB/MP3 wasn't working at all either. It took about 1 week to get the new module, and it fixed the Bluetooth, and the USB/MP3 is working better, now it starts up wherever it last stopped, wonderful. Work done under warranty, no cost to me.

Now lets see if mazda fixes this whithout the bluetooth module being broken...

The BLUETOOTH MODULE REPLACEMENT IS AN OLD ISSUE fixed with a replacement module.

Here's the TSB on it dated 2-7-2014

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I knew of the Bluetooth TSB. From the poster I quoted, it now seems that as a side effect of having it applied, the mp3/USB issues now also become fixed. At least as far as the resuming issue. So it looks as though the Bluetooth module has now changed as promised by Mazda in the posts above...

I don't think this module replacement for the referenced TSB is going to work for me (if they are indeed related); as the TSB indicates that it is applicable for CX-5's manufactured until October 11, 2014 whereas mine was produced after that date.

Unless this module fix is completely new and not related to the referenced TSB, does this mean all CX-5 owners of vehicles manufactured after 2014-10-11 are SOL; because, as I understand it, all CX-5's (even the 2015's) have the same 'USB reset issues'.

Back