Yes there will be fix with the Resuming Playback Issue on the CX5 Rdio

I think the fix is out now with the dealers. I talked to my dealer today after seeing the thread and he confirmed couple of updates on the blutooth module/head unit issue. I was told it will fix the usb playback issue too. Booked my appointnment two weeks from now.

I think the fix is out now with the dealers. I talked to my dealer today after seeing the thread and he confirmed couple of updates on the blutooth module/head unit issue. I was told it will fix the usb playback issue too. Booked my appointnment two weeks from now.

Great news! Also noticed this update on petition page that's been floating around:

"Mazda North America has confirmed that a softtware update to resolve the issues listed in this petition is at the "final testing" stage in Japan. Also, this update may include Hardware & Software. No timeline given for the update just yet, so hold on tight!"

I didn't see this issued mentioned specifically, but I hope we'll be able to cycle through FM1 and FM2 via the steering wheel! More that 12 FM presets would be nice too.

Also, what about searching through HD channels via steering wheel, etc.

Kind of annoying to have steering wheel controls that don't minimize the need to use the touchscreen very often. My wifes GM car (3 years old) basically lets you control all needed controls from the steering wheel. How can Mazda be this far behind GM!

Our brand new model that we picked up on the 15th March here in the UK has no issues with resuming playback from usb or bluetooth connected devices! Works perfectly!!!

If anybody knows the TSB number or a link to TSB regarding this USB fix, please post on this thread.

Our brand new model that we picked up on the 15th March here in the UK has no issues with resuming playback from usb or bluetooth connected devices! Works perfectly!!!

Even after the vehicle has been off for a while? Even the "broken" headunits will resume after only a few minutes.

If anybody knows the TSB number or a link to TSB regarding this USB fix, please post on this thread.

I have access to AllDatapro.com and have not seen any TSB on this new BT swap. The only BT update i see is an older issue where Bluetooth is completely dead.

I just called Mazda service and ask them about the fix - the asked me "What USB problem? We haven't heard that issue before..." Same Old same old...

Just back from dealer and asked about the USB problem fix and they said they haven't heard about a fix. I doubt if there will ever be one. If there is one I will be in line to have the work done.

Most dealers don't know about anything until they receive notice of the TSB, and even then I've sometimes had to take the TSB number to them for them to check into it.

My salesman claimed not to know anything about the audio issues until he got a Mazda 6 with the same head unit, and now he knows what I'm talking about. He doesn't know anything about the upcoming fix though.

Unless you are active on this or other Mazda forums most people don't know about the announcement. It will happen - just be patient a little longer.

You don't have to sign every piece of paper a dealership waves in front of you.

The 'give up all your legal rights to an arbitrator form' is not consumer friendly at all.
In most cases it doesn't make any difference whether you sign various parts or not. Parts of a contract are not normally severable. In other words, acceptance of any part of the contract means you accept all of it.

This is the ONLY peeve I have with my new CX5. It averages 90 secs before it reconnects for me. Fail fail fail. Doubt it's gonna get fixed any time soon. (pissed)

I didn't see this issued mentioned specifically, but I hope we'll be able to cycle through FM1 and FM2 via the steering wheel! More that 12 FM presets would be nice too.

Also, what about searching through HD channels via steering wheel, etc.

Kind of annoying to have steering wheel controls that don't minimize the need to use the touchscreen very often. My wifes GM car (3 years old) basically lets you control all needed controls from the steering wheel. How can Mazda be this far behind GM!

You already can. Hold the button on the steering wheel for a second and it will advance one increment on the radio, HD or otherwise.

Emailed Mazda about this issue and asking if there will be an update.

The iPod integration is absolutely terrible. When starting the car and selecting USB from the infotainment menu, it takes at least 5-7 minutes EACH TIME to load the iPod. On top of that, it automatically plays the first song on the iPod rather than picking up where we last left off. Also, selecting music from the display menu takes forever. I have an 80GB iPod Classic with at least 10,000 songs on it, and trying to scroll through all my songs to find then one I want to listen to is an aggravating chore.

I am currently leasing a 2012 Honda Civic and the iPod integration in this car is (by comparison) flawless. It loads immediately after selecting the AUX infotainment option. The scrolling through the menus is just as fast as it would be if you were operating the iPod by itself. And this car is THREE YEARS OLD.

I have to say, this is very discouraging considering the CX-5 is a brand new car and it already falls behind in this category from a three year old ENTRY MODEL Honda Civic.

Since purchasing our CX-5 and discovering the limitations of this iPod integration, I have done some research and noticed there are plenty of others who share my disappointment. Specifically a petition I found here: http://www.change.org/petitions/maz...update-head-unit-software-for-the-2014-mazda6

It kind of baffles me that something like this has been overlooked. Is this something that Mazda USA is aware of and if so, what will be done to resolve these issues?

Got this reply:

Thank you for contacting Mazda.

We are disappointed to read of your concern with the operation of the audio system’s USB mode when connection to an Apple iPod. Unfortunately, your description of the concern is the normal operating condition of the audio system and there are no updates available at this time. Mazda is working on improving the operation of the infotainment system with Apple devices but we have nothing in place at the moment, nor do we have any type of estimate of when we will have an update regarding this matter.

Your concern will be documented with Mazda and it will become part of the Mazda’s records. Mazda continuously researches the feedback that we receive from customers, dealership personal and monitor trends in order to identify areas where Mazda’s products can be improved. It is through this research that recalls, service campaigns, part improvements have been identified in the past.

We would recommend that you periodically check with the dealership service department for any updates related to your concern.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. That means there is no hope of getting it fixed. Need to burn more mp3 cd's

There are contradicting messages all over the place. Wish they would just give a solid answer instead of this "it's normal operation" BS

Back