Wrenching meet?

xfz

:
2010 RX-8
Alright so I am lacking in both funds and experience yet I have a set of Tein S-Techs that, while fun to cuddle with, need to be placed on my car. Instead of just selfishly asking for help I noticed that there are few informal meets set up until the clean meet. Therefore I put forth the suggestion of a wrenching meet in Late June/mid July (I presume people have plans for the 4th). I can also tentatively offer space in Holden, MA which is fairly centrally located between the NH/CT/Eastern MA contingents of NEPOC (its the town just north of Worcester).

Ideas, suggestions welcome.

PS. Due to cost issues I'm replacing my brake pads this weekend and I'm fairly inexperienced and I can offer free food and beer to anyone that's bored and wants to help.

My garage is almost always open. However I do not have an impact gun anymore. On a positive note, I've swapped many of suspension including quite a few RX-8.

I'd be interested depending on the date. I bring absolutely no skill or experience to the meet but I can bring food and beer. I am looking to pick up shocks and springs for my 6 this summer so this would work out well for me.

I smell another suspension meet soon. Wait...maybe that's just the grease on my hands.

Depending on how things work, I might be taking off the current suspension on the Miata and going back to stock + springs. I'm really not digging the Tein SS setup that came with it.

Edit: That means I'm in.

Jimmy, Patty and I will be having an install meet for our front mounts soon. Not sure where or when but people are welcome on that day. Or we could just merge the two.

sub'n . . . i'm getting the bug again and there's only one way to cure it muuwaahahahahaaaaaaaa!

I smell another suspension meet soon. Wait...maybe that's just the grease on my hands.

Hmmm....maybe I should purchase springs and show up to this...finally get everyone off mah back about lowering my car!

Edit: My superior ground clearance is quite awesome...

The conversation with my dad earlier today. . . "Koni FSD and coils are going to cost me over 800 in hardware . . . but BC coilovers are about a grand." his reply "I hate to encourage you to spend more money but I'd go with the 'adjustables'."

thanks dad.

Possible interest... depending on the date.. I have some springs to install on the 6 and I certainly can't do it myself. But I'd need an impact gun.

I'll have to keep a close eye on this thread.....

I've got a set of Tokico struts (HPs)/springs being held in my name and hope to have them around August. That is when the seller hopes to get his coilovers.....

Woot! Well I'm in to lend a hand to whomever needs it. I have stuff to install too but they require special tools. ;)

Maybe Mark will chime in (hint hint).

Back