Seeking Guidance on Purchase of a Used 2016 Mazda6

Roberson

Banned
I'm currently in the market for a vehicle and I'm eyeing a "2016 Mazda 6." I would greatly appreciate any advice or insights you can provide on purchasing this particular model.

To start, I'm curious if any of you have experience with the 2016 Mazda 6, or if you could offer guidance on what to look out for when buying one. I'm particularly interested in factors like reliability, common issues associated with this model year, and any potential red flags.

Since this would be a used car, I'd also like to hear your suggestions on how to effectively evaluate the car's condition. What are the key aspects to inspect during a test drive and a thorough inspection? Are there any specific components or areas that are prone to wear and tear that I should pay special attention to?

Additionally, advice on the purchasing process itself would be invaluable. How do I determine a fair price for the 2016 Mazda 6? Are there any negotiation strategies that have worked well for you in similar situations?

I truly appreciate your insights and expertise in helping me make an informed decision. Your input will greatly aid me in navigating this potential purchase and ensuring that I choose a reliable and suitable vehicle.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

8f32162126ea455497830ec80be1fb7b_ful.jpg
79065088c7194132a4aac89cc2c0e1b5_ful.jpg

I don't see any responses from other members here after your initial post. Not sure what advice you were given, or by whom.
Anyway, I have a 2017 6, but it is the fully loaded GT with tech and premium package (Canada). The one you are looking at seems to be more of a base model.
Either way, the drivetrain should be the same.
I have had zero issues with mine so far, but I only have 40,000 kms (about 24K miles) on it so far.
The one area I would check are the brakes, especially the rears. They are prone to premature rust.
Mine look like crap, and I have ordered the parts to do a replacement. Other than that, good car.

Back