Wrenching meet?

JILL

see if the shop was done on time i could open it up to have the meet.. but stupid rain delayed us till August.. blame the Rain!!!!!!

...I'd wait another month if it meant having a grand opening wrenching meet at your shop

Edit: and what's JILL

...I'd wait another month if it meant having a grand opening wrenching meet at your shop

Edit: and what's JILL

thats what i was planning on..

youve never heard of JILL.. man shes great (hump) especially if your going through a dry spell....

This sounds cool, and may just pop in to say what's up for a bit, depending on blah blah, lol. I can't do springs until after I pick up my ATP catted-DP, because the TP makes the exhaust hang low, and probably only have ~4" of clearance right now!! I'm broke as a joke, so getting both those pieces within a month or so ain't gonna happen. I may do W/M before DP anways, which would push the springs into 2014, lol

**help**

In the process of replacing the brake pads, but when I saw the inside of the rotor its all kinds of messed up so I need to get it atleast resurfaced if not replaced. Only issue is that I cant get the bloody rotor off. I wasn't under the impression it was a one piece hub/rotor (correct me if I'm wrong). The bracket, caliper and pads are all off and I've wacked it with a mallet for 15-20 minutes now.

my immediate response is to call bulls*** but considering I can't get either real wheel off I'm about willing to do anything.

PS. that means that I actually did walk outside, look, couldn't find any and walked back inside.

haha.. well mine have them so i figured it throw it out there in all relm of possiblity that you may too..

edit: trying to figure out what your problem may be..

Last edited:
If there are no screws holding it on, then it's simply rust and pressure. I had to beat the living crap on my old Acura to get the rotors off. Had replacements so it was not an issue of destroying them.

9kqonc.jpg

I had to beat the living crap on my old Acura to get the rotors off.

What Acura did you have? I trade in my modded 01' CL-type S for the MS6 :) Had a 92 integra GSR back in the day too (stock). GF has an 09' TL... not the SHAWD unfortunately, because those run a 13.7 stock :( tech pkg is nice tho

If there are no screws holding it on, then it's simply rust and pressure. I had to beat the living crap on my old Acura to get the rotors off. Had replacements so it was not an issue of destroying them.

9kqonc.jpg

That's what I was afraid of. I was just hoping someone might know something I didn't. Looking at it it looks like you might need to take the center piece off (spindle or whatever) but I nothing I've read seems to indicate that the rotors are being held on by anything aside from good ol rust.

Looks like I'll add rotors to my expense report.

Unless someone comes up with a better plan I'm thinking tomorrow might call for an upgrade to the sledge hammer and give up on any hope of resurfacing. PM if your in Worcester county and want to join in on the fun.

Some rotors have a threaded hole. I think it's a 6mm bolt. You can thread one in and pop the rotor off.

Replace the rotor. Resurfacing is not usually a good idea. The rotors are thin and resurfacing makes them thinner and less heat resistant.

try using a torch on them before you try that sledge hammer idea.. maybe alittle heat and some generous hammering with a rubber mallet will be all they need to break loose..

I had to use quite a bit of PB Blaster as well. As said, replacing is a much better option.

What Acura did you have? I trade in my modded 01' CL-type S for the MS6 :) Had a 92 integra GSR back in the day too (stock). GF has an 09' TL... not the SHAWD unfortunately, because those run a 13.7 stock :( tech pkg is nice tho

Wife and I owned 3 Acuras many years back. 97 2.2CL, 97 Integra GS, 99 3.0CL. Only a couple mods to the Teg and 99 CL like wheels and suspension.

**help**

In the process of replacing the brake pads, but when I saw the inside of the rotor its all kinds of messed up so I need to get it atleast resurfaced if not replaced. Only issue is that I cant get the bloody rotor off. I wasn't under the impression it was a one piece hub/rotor (correct me if I'm wrong). The bracket, caliper and pads are all off and I've wacked it with a mallet for 15-20 minutes now.

Any updates on your brakes?

If you're brakes are still stock, I would think yours still have some screws holding the rotors in.

When I had my friend's friend change my rotors and pads, he broke a huge load of his snap-on and impact tool to get that 1 screw out.
It was holding my rotors and it was rusted so it blended in with the rest of the rust color. lol

I was told that screws were there during assembly to hold the rotors in place when the car's moving down the assembly line..something like that.

No, no update right now, I just put the wheels back on and wheeled it to the corner of my driveway, bare caliper grinding against the rotor as I went. I ordered 4 rotors (can you say upgrade?) so I'm waiting for those to come in. I posted on RX8 club as well and the screws are apparently only on the front brakes. It seems like the rotors are just exceedingly stuck, my main concern from just looking at them was whether or not the spindle needed to come off though I've now had about 10 people tell me that it doesn't. I went out and bought a 6mm hex head screw that I'm going to take an impact gun to and hopefully pop it off with the mounting hole.

I'll remember to take the screws out of the front when I get there though

Any update on the wrenching meet? considering how difficult the brakes are being I'm thinking the suspension might be an interesting affair as well...

Any update on the wrenching meet? considering how difficult the brakes are being I'm thinking the suspension might be an interesting affair as well...

Just don't distract Oleg...... Otherwise it should go smoothly.

Back