wow, the nerve of some people!

lui8789

:
Mazda 2 sport
20140808_153116_Richtone(HDR).jpg

So I'm leaving work last night to find someone had pried the "m" emblem off my car, leaving a long scratch down to the metal. I got a new job and have seen a black m2 a few times a little down the lot. I want to confront the owner, cause I'm thinking it may have been the owner but I don't want to jump to conclusions. They'll deny it anyways. It just pisses me off that someone would do that!! Anyway are there any good touch up paints that I could use that will actually blend into the color of the car?

Anyway are there any good touch up paints that I could use that will actually blend into the color of the car?

What I've done in the past, and it's worked well for me: Get a pint of paint that your car uses(not the crap 'paint pens'), get the activator and mix accordingly when ready. Grab a SMALL hobby paint brush(horse or mink hair preferred) from local hobby shop. Buy 1000, 2000, and 2500 wet/dry grit sandpaper. Wet sand the scratch and approx 1/8" around the scratch with all three grits until there is a BARELY noticeable but smooth transition. Paint the scratch extending only 1/16th of an inch past the sanded portion, let dry. Sand lightly with DRY 2500, clean with compressed air, and paint again. Now hit the area with your favorite 'finishing' buffing compound on a microfiber cloth. I've done this on multiple cars and it's un-noticeable unless you KNOW where the damage was.

Or pay $800 for a body shop to do it.

Well considering I've had it for less then a year, it has less than 9,000 mi. Its still pretty new! So yes, even a scuff would've pissed me off. And now I have to worry about rust.

Id talk to your boss. More times then not there are security camera's covering parking lots. And most never know it. So id ask a higher up if they happen to have one, specially before they end up taping over the footage.

I did but the only camera is above the back door and my car was just out of view. But I took care of it the old fashioned way... its only a $100 deductible to get it fixed. Which is still messed up man. Especially since he/she could've just bought a $6 can and done it themselves.

View attachment 209150

So I'm leaving work last night to find someone had pried the "m" emblem off my car, leaving a long scratch down to the metal. I got a new job and have seen a black m2 a few times a little down the lot. I want to confront the owner, cause I'm thinking it may have been the owner but I don't want to jump to conclusions. They'll deny it anyways. It just pisses me off that someone would do that!! Anyway are there any good touch up paints that I could use that will actually blend into the color of the car?

don't see anything

Back