WOW that was easy...

My homemade Valeo cut down to 14" used to touch but the 6 one doesn't/hasn't. The only thing I noticed about it was that I musta left the Valeo a little longer towards the wiper motor because now I have a bigger unwiped area around the motor with the 6 one but it's hardly anything to worry about much less do anything about. The 6 one looks so much cleaner & wipes better too IMO. We'll see how the blade holds out before having to customize a silicone one to fit.

My only complaint is that you can't lift it off the glass when it is snowing (like it is now). But I can live with that. :)

RedHotP5 said:
My only complaint is that you can't lift it off the glass when it is snowing (like it is now). But I can live with that. :)

you can... at least I can. do I have a different part number than other people do on this stuff? I'll have to check my invoice for the numbers, I bought the new kit that Jason posted to onlinemazdaparts.com. (yes)

Kansei said:
you can... at least I can. do I have a different part number than other people do on this stuff? I'll have to check my invoice for the numbers, I bought the new kit that Jason posted to onlinemazdaparts.com. (yes)

So you can lift yours off the glass?? Mine will only come up a couple of inches. Don't go crazy checking part #'s, 'cause I ordered the same kit. :)

Yeah mine can pull up and stays there just like the stock one. I didn't follow the guide that I imagine is in the original thread about this, I just trimmed with the dremel until it all fit. Though I don't see how the how-to could be that much different than what I did.

Gonna have to check it out....once my car thaws out. When I try to pull it up, the arm hits the cover. I went with the how-to as a guide for how much to 'file' off....maybe I need to file some more so it seats deeper on the bolt.

Oh oof I might not have tested that out after putting the little cover on. It definitely operates properly with it off, so it would be dumb if the cover eliminated that.

Kansei said:
Oh oof I might not have tested that out after putting the little cover on. It definitely operates properly with it off, so it would be dumb if the cover eliminated that.

haha....it came up fine for me too w/o the cover. I wonder if you could pull it away from the glass on the 6 wagon? Gonna have to ask...

I def cannot lift mine off the glass. The little cover has a tab that I think prevents that motion. That cover is easy enough to take of and put back on that I'm not gonna make a big deal of it.

That is the only NEGATIVE about the swap IMHO

cut that tab out.. I think I know the tab you're talking about. There are two other tabs that'll still hold it on. I'll have to check that out and make the cut.. but it's so friggin cold outside haha.

Kansei said:
cut that tab out.. I think I know the tab you're talking about. There are two other tabs that'll still hold it on. I'll have to check that out and make the cut.. but it's so friggin cold outside haha.

**in best Guinness voice** Brilliant! Will take a look also when it warms up here.

Back