WOW that was easy...

SlowPro98

Contributor
:
02P5, 98ES,95miata
I did the rear wiper mod tonight. The hardest part was working in my garage. it floods a lot, and so there's a lot of ice and water, but I'm getting cabin fever, so I just went and did it. It looks great, and because of the size, it works better than the stock blade. I didn't even need to drill the plastic disk thing, I just made sure the new arm surface was close to the stock one and bolted it up.
WICKED EASY!
here's the time line;

730p- started cleaning the ice out
745- break out the tool
750-unbolt the old wiper arm and see how much grinding I have to do
752-start grinding down the plastic
8pm- put the new arm on and test it.
then I cracked a beer and changed the plugs on my miata cause I felt like I hadn't done enough.

Big shout to Jason at OnlineMazdaparts.com for the parts, and a REALLY big shout to Cable for the How-to.

Attachments

• 0302071918.jpg
    0302071918.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:
I woulda sold you the wiper off my old 6 had I known you were doing this :)

Kansei said:
It's the 6 wagon wiper not hatch.. I think the hatch one is a lot longer.

yeah the hatch one is not only longer, but uses a different arm assembly altogether so it wouldnt have worked :p

Kansei said:
It's the 6 wagon wiper not hatch.. I think the hatch one is a lot longer.

Thanks Chris

*sends another pm to sean telling him to disregard the last one I just sent him about potentially buying his 6 wiper if he still had it*

Guess onlinemazdaparts in the way to go...

whitemp5seattle said:
Thanks Chris

*sends another pm to sean telling him to disregard the last one I just sent him about potentially buying his 6 wiper if he still had it*

Guess onlinemazdaparts in the way to go...

There's a How-To with all the part numbers.

This mod is on my list to do. I just did the CX-7 antenna. Wow, $18 from a Mazda place 5 minutes up the road, and it looks awesome. Anyway, can't wait to do the wiper mod to go with it. I put my roof rack back on (it had been off since I purchased the car), and I kinda like how it looks. You people are getting me addicted to this crap...

I have the same Zoom Zoom sticker under my rear wiper. That's why everyone I work with now calls my P5 "Zoom Zoom"

Tasty said:
This mod is on my list to do. I just did the CX-7 antenna. Wow, $18 from a Mazda place 5 minutes up the road, and it looks awesome. Anyway, can't wait to do the wiper mod to go with it. I put my roof rack back on (it had been off since I purchased the car), and I kinda like how it looks. You people are getting me addicted to this crap...

Haha....re-welcome to your new addiction! :) This is on my 'to do list' also! I just did the CX-7 antenna myself as well. Bought the antenna from Jason and he will definitely get my order for the wiper mod as well!

BTW slowpro98 it is looking good!

Tasty said:

mememememme me err sorry, luv your avatar. Do you have any pics of the install? I'm curious to see how it came out.

Part # for ordering purposes for those of us who can't find it in that PITA to navigate website?

I have an email in to make sure Onlinemazdaparts.com has everything in stock, then I'm going to orer up. I almost hit submit when I read that little disclaimer in red, and had second thoughts about anything being on backorder. I despise backorder.

Anyway, as requested pics of the rack with the CX-7 antenna.

Attachments

• 100_0173.jpg
    100_0173.jpg
    546.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 100_0171.jpg
    100_0171.jpg
    791.3 KB · Views: 193
Back