Wireless Charging activating Apple Wallet

Firstly, I've turned off the "Double-Click Side Button" feature - so it leaning on the lip is not the cause. I've also laid the phone so that the volume buttons leaning are on the lip - and it still happens.

That said, as the subject states - my iPhones's Apple Wallet app often (nearly always) opens when charging wirelessly. Curious to know if anyone's run into this problem as well.

The phone's been replaced, and I've done at least two factory resets since owning the car - but it still happens all the time. Open to any suggestions and recommendations on other settings to look out for.

Thanks!

Firstly, I've turned off the "Double-Click Side Button" feature - so it leaning on the lip is not the cause. I've also laid the phone so that the volume buttons leaning are on the lip - and it still happens.

That said, as the subject states - my iPhones's Apple Wallet app often (nearly always) opens when charging wirelessly. Curious to know if anyone's run into this problem as well.

The phone's been replaced, and I've done at least two factory resets since owning the car - but it still happens all the time. Open to any suggestions and recommendations on other settings to look out for.

Thanks!

I noticed the same on my iPhone 13 Pro. This also happens on my wife’s iPhone 11. We both have our double click power button to open wallet turned on. My understanding is that the car’s console has NFC enabled and this is interfering with Apple Wallet (it uses NFC)

There's an NFC chip in the charger (I think used for Android phones? Not sure...), the iPhone only uses the NFC to trigger Apple Wallet. There's a bunch of posts in various places about iPhone users having issues with various NFC readers.

Unless Mazda adds a way to disable the NFC in the charger... I haven't been able to find a way to disable NFC on the iPhone side yet. it looks like there used to be in previous iOS versions, but at least in iOS 15 the menu options don't seem to be there anymore.

If I notice the Apple Wallet window has popped up, I just hit the lock button once with the phone in the charger and it closes.

Last edited:
Back