CX-5 Wireless Charger problem with iPhone 15 PM

:
2022 CX-5 SIG
:
2020 MX-5 GT
I just replaced my iPhone 12 Pro Max with a 15 PM model and the wireless charging pad on my 2020 Signature no longer charges the new phone. The pad worked fine on the 12 unless it was fully charged or overheating. The Wireless Charger white indicator LED functions as does the red one when I turn off the charging pad. I've cycled it on and off but the problem persists.

Has anyone else gone from an older model iPhone and experienced this issue?

Thanks for the prompt reply RedBaron. I guess I was lucky with the 12 then as it was also mentioned as questionable from that Mazda reply. At least it is a function that can be easily disabled, although a giant faux-pas on Mazda's part to provide such a half-assed feature... :unsure:

Since I couldn't get the charging pad to work with my 15PM after numerous attempts I gave up and turned it off. Today when I turned it back on it was still indicating red but upon arriving home I noticed that the phone was warm... Next startup the indicator turned green and the phone is now charging. Very strange and not sure if I can count on it but we'll leave it on to see how it functions over time.

I'm curious as to why the charging pad sometimes functions as designed and other times refuses. There has to be a reason but so far I cannot predict when it will and when it won't... :unsure:

I'm curious as to why the charging pad sometimes functions as designed and other times refuses. There has to be a reason but so far I cannot predict when it will and when it won't... :unsure:

Perhaps it's the placement of the phone on the pad?

Actually the 15 PM nestles in the same location because of its size, and sometimes it indicates a charge when it's first placed on the mat and other times it seems to take a while.... or not at all.

Back