Why are 2017 Cx-5 selling so close to msrp?

Anyone in Pacific NorthWest getting a deal? I'd be kinda surprised as vehicle prices tend to always stay high in this area.

Anyone in Pacific NorthWest getting a deal? I'd be kinda surprised as vehicle prices tend to always stay high in this area.

I went through Costco Auto and got close to invoice and loyalty discount on the 2017 CX-5 from Mazda of Everett. You need to be a Costco member though (costcoauto.com). Honestly - my best purchase experience ever. No upsell, no crazy pressure tactics. They got the lead through Costco Auto, and I got a call from Mazda of Everett who told me the Costco price and total cost - no extra prep fees or anything. Then I just went in, went through the paperwork/financing etc. I didn't buy financing from them as their rate was higher than what my credit union gave me and didn't even try to sell me extra insurance. Really great experience. They're 20 miles away but I feel like I want to just go to them for any future work due to the positive experience I had.

Compare that to Lee Johnson Mazda where they started the good cop bad cop bad manager routine, and made us (including a <2 year kid) wait for a couple of hours at 7-8pm going back and forth and giving me weird looks when I asked them I'm not paying MSRP.

Last edited:
Because it is so new

We were much more comfortable buying a NEW, deeply discounted 2016.5 from their inventory than they were selling a 2017 at a similar price. We keep our cars a long time (our trade was a 2005 - my 2002 has only 30k miles), so no worries about a NOS (New Old Stock) purchase.

Guess it doesn't work for everybody.

We were much more comfortable buying a NEW, deeply discounted 2016.5 from their inventory than they were selling a 2017 at a similar price. We keep our cars a long time (our trade was a 2005 - my 2002 has only 30k miles), so no worries about a NOS (New Old Stock) purchase.

Guess it doesn't work for everybody.
Indeed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I leased my 2017 GT for ~30k after trade (before TTL), with ~21k residual value (price I can buy it at end of lease). Payments are $278

Not a great deal (on my trade), but lesson learned. I can tell you where not to buy from via PM.

Last edited:
I went through Costco Auto and got close to invoice and loyalty discount on the 2017 CX-5 from Mazda of Everett.

Compare that to Lee Johnson Mazda where they started the good cop bad cop bad manager routine, and made us (including a <2 year kid) wait for a couple of hours in 7-8pm going back and forth and giving me weird looks when I asked them I'm not paying MSRP.

Everett is a good dealership..I bought mine there...

Not the first report I've heard about Lee Johnson.

Have a buddy whose sales manager needs a sale today up here in Canada for month end, what do you think I can get for a GS+the two extra packages and NAV?

Have a buddy whose sales manager needs a sale today up here in Canada for month end, what do you think I can get for a GS+the two extra packages and NAV?

The Price thread is US. I can tell you the discounts for 17s - at this point range from 4% to 8% with maybe few exceptions. Not much Canada data there. Search the last 4 pages to see if you have a ballpark. But the fact its a last day sale - I would try to extract as much.

Not selling one today. Lol

If he needs a sell that bad, I'd tell him 10% off MSRP and wouldn't budge a penny...good luck!

Thanks, gonna tell him not gonna cut it today esp with him offering me less than what I owe on my 3 so causing me to have negative equity going in

He offered me 1k and NAV thrown in. Keep digging? Lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I am in Ontario Canada.

We got $1,200 off MSRP for GS + Comfort + i-Active Sense in white (extra $200). Included were 2 free oil changes, tinted front windows and 15% discount on accessories after the sale for 90 days. With that said we also had a trade in and received a very good offer on trade in value (much higher than other dealers) so it's a bit muddy if trade was inflated or not. Discount on car itself was in line with what I had negotiated elsewhere, but didn't get to the point of trying to get any extras elsewhere.

We also got $500 loyalty, $425 NAV credit applied on top of the $1,200 off (we didn't want Nav so took the credit as there was a free Nav promo on). We are also waiting on another $500 after sale rebate from Mazda for attending the "Fuel your passion" event recently. We had actually taken delivery of our car the day before I attended the event, but at the event was told we'd get an email with a $500 offer. As soon as I got home I contacted Mazda directly to confirm what I was told and they got my official offer rushed out to me. I took that to my dealer and it took them about a week but they've worked out to get the credit applied to our already completed deal (why we're getting a cheque and it wasn't off the car).

Overall I'm very happy with how our purchase experience has worked out so far. Other ball-park trade in offers we received were significantly enough lower that I wasn't interested in pursuing them any further, however they did not get to see the trade-in in person. Hard to say if the other dealers were low and mine was fair, or the other dealers were fair and mine was high. In the end it didn't matter to us, we're happy with the end result.

Thanks, gonna tell him not gonna cut it today esp with him offering me less than what I owe on my 3 so causing me to have negative equity going in
Similar situation as us. Except our last car was not as good as a 3 LMAO. Other dealers were just getting us out of previous loan even. The deal we went with got us out far enough ahead that we happily signed the deal that day.

Last edited:
2017 mazda touring CX-5 TOURING AWD + I-ACTIVSENSE package no other option

MSRP : $28,870

DISCOUNT : $2,870* (10% off)

FINAL : $26,000

OTD: $27,500** 1.9% apr

I got this price yesterday, all email negotiation, 4 hrs away, we let 2 dealers beat each other's price, and this one won.

I got this price yesterday, all email negotiation, 4 hrs away, we let 2 dealers beat each other's price, and this one won.

Good on you for shopping it around and congrats! Damn, 1.9% -- that's great. Did you have any rebates?

The hardest part of that was probably finding the i-activesense package on a touring. I think there may not even be 5 of those within 100 miles of me, and 4 of those are in downtown San Francisco, in your choice of blue or black.

Great price though.

I went through Costco Auto and got close to invoice and loyalty discount on the 2017 CX-5 from Mazda of Everett. You need to be a Costco member though (costcoauto.com). Honestly - my best purchase experience ever. No upsell, no crazy pressure tactics. They got the lead through Costco Auto, and I got a call from Mazda of Everett who told me the Costco price and total cost - no extra prep fees or anything. Then I just went in, went through the paperwork/financing etc. I didn't buy financing from them as their rate was higher than what my credit union gave me and didn't even try to sell me extra insurance. Really great experience. They're 20 miles away but I feel like I want to just go to them for any future work due to the positive experience I had.

Compare that to Lee Johnson Mazda where they started the good cop bad cop bad manager routine, and made us (including a <2 year kid) wait for a couple of hours at 7-8pm going back and forth and giving me weird looks when I asked them I'm not paying MSRP.
Yep, Lee Johnson of Kirkland is pretty bad, I dont recommend it either!

Back