Who loves their msp

I love this car. I toyed with the idea of a MS3, since it is the new hotness, but if I did take the plunge, I wouldn't trade the MSP in for it...

Mine is bright orange i get all the time too, two old dudes in a caddy were like so how much was that paint job and just kept going on, and then he was like well i know one ill smoke the s*** out of you. I looked and said o really, so we did it from dig beat him and then went ont he highway and did it form a roll at 50 beat im he was speachless loved it.

+1, there is this one guy who drives a birght ass yellow corvette (year?) up and down a local street near my house looking for anyone at a light, I think the guy is easily 50+, Since its a main street I'm on it a lot and everytime that guy is around he seems to find me and get beside me to get me to race him from a dig. I foolishly took the bait once and got my ass handed to me (obviously)

ya well one day you'll get him lol. I was inches from getting a MS3 casue when i got mine the tranny in the 2nd day, then i had some CEL problems, then i was running rich as s*** and i could not get past 80mph. Finally i just died and i needed a new ECU so i said if i can find an ECU in a week im selling it and getting the MS3. But luckily ken had one so i bought and im kind of happy but at the same it would nice to have a new car with a warranty, but at the same time it would be hard to keep under warranty with the modds i would want to do lol.

LOL @ the whole idea of girlfriends getting pissy over the MSP. My situation is the exact opposite, but the same thing -- my boyfriend HATES my car. Okay, well, maybe he doesn't all-out hate it .. but he definitely isn't a fan of all the money that's been dumped into it and the loudness and the ass-breaking ride and my hyper-tuner-mentality. He only rides in my car when he literally has no choice, and used to grumble while he was in it -- until I finally told him one day that if he didn't STFU, he'd be walking in the ditch. Every time I dig out parts from the basement to sort through, he looks at me like I've got three heads. And the other evening, when I took out an entire tub of grease to lube up my suspension, he came out just to stare at me as I did it. He doesn't understand my fascination and fetish for CF. Nor does he understand why the concept of finally having my car tuned makes me want to scream in excitement.

.. Yet I'm the one that had to explain that the 'second horn' he found in the engine bay of his Lexus was actually for his alarm. I'm the one that found the wheel shop that welded his 'unfixable' discontinued $600 rim. I'm the one that told him that the weird vibrations he was getting while driving probably had something to do with the inner sidewalls of his tires going retarded.

(smash)

im not being a sexist here but Rush, you gotta admit, the ratio of girls modding cars to your level is rather rare. around here anyways.. :) most people dont even know what wheel hop is lol

and i admire that ;)

my GF doesn't even know how to check oil..let alone check the air filter in the hood..

-== BUT==- that helped me get her honda Element a drop-in K&N filter lol

btw, while reading your story i was wondering what your BF should be driving.. a lexus.. nice car , what model?

btw, while reading your story i was wondering what your BF should be driving.. a lexus.. nice car , what model?
IS300 .. tho' with how much he adores the new IS350, I wouldn't be surprised if that winds up in the driveway one day. (evil)

Im still in love with my baby, but the modding has slowed since the start of '07. Its starting to pick back up, but all the parts are just piling up in the closet....ive been traveling for work and rarely drive the car, let alone install anything.

LOL @ the whole idea of girlfriends getting pissy over the MSP. My situation is the exact opposite, but the same thing -- my boyfriend HATES my car. Okay, well, maybe he doesn't all-out hate it .. but he definitely isn't a fan of all the money that's been dumped into it and the loudness and the ass-breaking ride and my hyper-tuner-mentality. He only rides in my car when he literally has no choice, and used to grumble while he was in it -- until I finally told him one day that if he didn't STFU, he'd be walking in the ditch. Every time I dig out parts from the basement to sort through, he looks at me like I've got three heads. And the other evening, when I took out an entire tub of grease to lube up my suspension, he came out just to stare at me as I did it. He doesn't understand my fascination and fetish for CF. Nor does he understand why the concept of finally having my car tuned makes me want to scream in excitement.

.. Yet I'm the one that had to explain that the 'second horn' he found in the engine bay of his Lexus was actually for his alarm. I'm the one that found the wheel shop that welded his 'unfixable' discontinued $600 rim. I'm the one that told him that the weird vibrations he was getting while driving probably had something to do with the inner sidewalls of his tires going retarded.

(smash)

you need to talk some sense in my GF, and not sure if you are into sports at all, you are most likely a philly fan, but let me know if you ever come to pittsburgh for a steeler or penguins game.

you need to talk some sense in my GF, and not sure if you are into sports at all, you are most likely a philly fan, but let me know if you ever come to pittsburgh for a steeler or penguins game.

+1 haha. Rush i love your post. So counter-social-norm if you know what i mean. i cannot believe your bf though...

i feel like all i get is complaints and questions from people who don't know cars which is sometimes the root of my frustration, (though those that do know cars, love it).

-Why's your car so loud? Do you ever get tired of that?
-what's that smell? (catless)
-what's that squeaking and clunking, ugh? (suspension)
-gosh it's vibrating a lot it's like a massage that i hate. (mounts)
-can't we use A/c and put the windows up? (um, actually no.)
-what's that gauge for?
-is that your tires squealing? (bov)
-what do those switches do?
-do you ever race?
-god your mufflers huge. OWWW s***, and it burnt me!
...the list goes on and on

im big on the no ac thing also. but i do understand my wifes needs. AC sucks the s*** out of the car. Plus the more load, the more the car dumps fuel since i have a piggy i cant do anything about it. i always try the no ac thing but sometimes its just too damn hot.

i feel like all i get is complaints and questions from people who don't know cars which is sometimes the root of my frustration, (though those that do know cars, love it).

-what's that gauge for?
-do you ever race?

Haha, yea it does get annoying explaining the many oddities of my car to people... Its always "What's that noise?" or "Ugh, is it supposed to be making that sound?" My friends have nicknamed it the car of a thousand noises.

I love the MSP too, however i do need to get it in my mind that i cannot be the fastest or one of the fastest things on the road. I miss my RX7 for that fact (the power), but then when i get all the extra luxuries (fit ppl in the back, nice sound system, cheap interms of modding (you try modding and rebuilding an RX7 thats not cheap!), chicks actually like this more then the RX7 (it was a FC not the FD that everyone is ranting and raving about), and the fact that...dare i say... i have AC :D LOL. But yeah overall i like the MSP even tho i do have my days where i get all frazzled!

reason why i don't have a gf. she'll never understand my love for cars and why i hook'em up.

then again, if i find one that does understand... i'd be the happiest man alive.

+1 haha. Rush i love your post. So counter-social-norm if you know what i mean. i cannot believe your bf though...

-what's that gauge for?
-do you ever race?

+1 a/c thing the most

Love hate, I am always talking myself into selling it, and then reconvinsing myself to keep it.

Love my MSP. I had a bunch of ideas about selling it and upgrading, selling it and getting a project car and daily driver, etc, but then I'd go autocross and realized I'd be nuts to sell it.

The modding projects are non-existent. I'm back to stock and it will stay there for good. Only thing I'll be getting is wheels and R-comps to start running in stock class for SCCA.

Back