Who else loves their CX-5?

:
2013 Mazda CX5, 2003 Mazda Protege5
I see a lot of threads discussing issues that people have had, and if I were doing research wanting to buy a cx5 it would make me a bit worried...

I just want to start this thread so that we can get people's good experiences with their cx5s.

Let the world know how much you love your cx5!

I for one have 11000 miles on my 2013 cx5 AWD Sport and have not had a single issue. I've done some light off roading, lots of freeway driving and notice lots of stares. The cx5 is a very versatile vehicle. I used to have a mazdaspeed3 and the fact that it appeals to me and to someone that may be more of a bmw, lexus etc. fan is amazing!

I have customized my car to my liking with big ol' rally mudflaps, bronze wheels, black lugs, and black calipers to make it look a bit more sporty.

What do you love about your cx5?

I hope there isn't any potential buyer who shows up here, turned away and discouraged by some of the very minimal (IMO) teething problems the CX-5 has encountered. Comparatively speaking, it has gone rather smoothly, and really the few issues that've cropped up are minimal and not wide spread.

I have had mine since they first appeared stateside, purchased March 10, 2012. Creeping up on 25K miles now. It is a great vehicle, and even now, if something happened and I had to replace ours, I'd replace it with another one, no doubt.

Yes, I love my CX-5.

I liked my first one so much I went out and bought another one. Still love the way these little CUV's handle and feel so connected to the road like a sports car. It's a pretty good combination of utility, sportiness, economy, and affordability.

I've had my Sky Blue 2013 CX-5 GT AWD since July 2012 (replaced a totaled 2009 Tribute GT 4x4 in Sport Blue) and have been really happy with it and no issues. I do miss the Tribe though, that was a great SUV, snow-worthy, though bad fuel economy.

11,000 miles and one year with my 2013 CX-5 Touring AWD, and I still love driving it every day. I wondered if the fun would fade after the "honeymoon" period, but I really do enjoy it as much as I did in the beginning.

The only common problem I have is the window rattle (when partly open), which doesn't bother me too much. No mechanical/engine problems. Lots of fun to drive. And according to the gauge, it's averaging around 33 mpg - though I haven't verified that manually.

We'll be replacing our second car in a year or two, and it'll probably be with another CX-5.

We are very happy with our CX5. It's the 2.5 AWD petrol auto Model.We are still in the honeymoon period,having owned the CX5 for 8 weeks now.
We traded our Mazda SP23 in for the CX5. It's very quiet on road noise,compared to the SP23 that had low profile tyres on it.
The transmission changes gears so smoothly that you hardly notice the change up or down,and when I want to drive a bit more "sporty"-I use the manual change mode when changing down gears.
We like the seating position,the dash layout and the leather trimmed steering wheel. It hugs the road and has very little body roll.
Also love the reverse camera for the tight parking spots.

Well after 1 year I still love my C-5. I'm hoping for some kind of boost options to appear (2.0L) because that's all I want really, happy with the handling from larger tires/aftermarket coil.

The CX-5 is a great car.

I was sold by the handling right off the showroom floor. Best handling SUV of any class (full sized or compact). Fun to drive. Even the 2.0L engine mated to the 6 speed auto has more than adequate power to bustle a fully loaded CX-5 to your next adventure. I would recommend NOT adding bigger aftermarket tires and wheel as this will do nothing but slow you down. The OEM 17" wheels and tires are a smart choice in terms of performance, operating expense, ride comfort, longevity and tire selection (when it is eventually time to buy new shoes).

As for reliability - after more than 10,000 miles - exceptional. I did need to have the rear view camera replaced with an improved version under warranty but that's it. Not a hick-up, vibration or rattle. Solid chassis, great engine and best automatic transmission I've ever driven. Excellent MPG.

Bose stereo? Nice. Not audiophile quality but it's a rare car that has what I would consider audiophile quality sound. You could easily spend big money on a custom stereo install and end up with less accurate sound. Yes, it would likely have louder, deeper bass but less balanced sound. Bose is more than adequate for non-audiophiles.

TomTom navigation? It sucks. I quit trying to use it after about two weeks. Solution, either don't buy it or don't turn it on. The latter has been working for me and the rest of this brilliant car more than makes up for the lack of a built-in and functional GPS.

Front bucket seats? Exceptional. Supportive and comfortable. I have the cloth seats and appreciate how well they breath during hot weather while still being very supportive.

Climate control (I have the manual version) - exceptional, especially the air conditioning. I've had cars with stronger heating but the CX-5 gets the job done and keeps me plenty warm, even in winter storms in the mountains.

Cabin ambiance? Very good. Visually, not too impressive at night (a late 1970's Saab is my personal standard for night time ambiance) but what is there looks nice, is well laid out and tasteful. I do not have a problem with the orange digital clock like some owners appear to have.

Convenience? Very good - really like the keyless ignition. My key fob stays in my pocket even though I need to press it to lock/unlock.

Styling? Not too important to me but it never hurts to have best in class styling. And I would say it does.

Handling snow and ice and heavy rainstorms? Excellent! I have the AWD version but I have little doubt the FWD is almost as capable. This car is meant to grip like no other SUV I've ever experienced.

Headlights? I can only speak to the self leveling HID's but they are exceptional.

Fit and finish? Exceptional. All parts have high tolerances. My eye is very sensitive to small mis-alignments and this car has none I can see.

This is the fifth new car in my lifetime and, yes, it's fair to say I'm sold. If it was totaled tomorrow I would be looking for another just like it.

Well that just cries out for a picture.

Here ya go

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_4677.jpg

I bought a used 2013 CX-5 for my daughter after careful reviews and selection. I've been driving it for a few months and will probably buy a 2014 for myself.

The style, handling and mileage can't be beat. The 2013 does have that flat spot in acceleration when you try to speed up from 30 miles per hour or so, such as an on ramp to the highway. It has this flat spot because it shift so quickly into higher gears. At 30 mph the car is already in 5th gear. I manually downshift when merging into highway on ramps. I assume that the 2.5l in the 2014 will not have that but have not test driven.

Tom Tom navi is a huge disappointment. Oh the possibilities, but alas, it is like a cruel joke that you have to pay to update. I'll pay if it is firmware ant it magically turns it into a navi like the one in my wife's 2004 Lexus. $500 in the toilet on that one.

The seats are not comfortable and I wish the backseats were adjustable like the rav4. Black interior is a dirt magnet.

Overall the best value out there...with a few things I'd rather have different.

I have been researching the CX-5 for some time. My Escape is aging and I need to have a plan for the upcoming time to replace it. I am adamant about driving a manual transmission. I am really disappointed in the options available in the CX-5 Sport MT-6. I can get a mid-level Mazda 6 in Soul Red with a manual, but not a CX-5. As much as I want one, this may be the showstopper for me.

I was on the fence when I was researching cars last November. So glad I got my CX-5. One of the best car purchases I ever made.

cx-5-first-day.jpg

Yeah, I love mine....I really do hope I can keep it...........

I have had it for 5 weeks, well I have had it for 4 weeks, dealer has had it for over 1 week...nothing like a CEL coming on with 900 miles on a new car....even better than that is a completely incompetent dealer service that cant fix the problems and doesn't quite now how. I maintain our machines at work, and I really didn't hold it against Mazda when it had to go in with under 1000 miles because, hey, any oem issues would show up early and no reason after they are sorted out it won't be a great reliable car. After a week, I am more concerned about the dealers service department(been lied to etc.) than Mazda, but it is not reflecting well for Mazda. This and I come from a hardcore Toyota background (what we buy for work trucks) so this is highly disappointing from someone that has spent no money on services across 500,000 miles and 3 different model tundras.....

So considering I am more than halfway meeting lemon law requirements in only my first month of owning this thing, with their last fix causing another CEL code, and the shop time accumulated, I am becoming skeptical and I started out quite reasonable.

All that aside, I love it if it is mechanically safe and reliable. I got the GT and like all the upgrades that are usually a waste of money. The leather is cheap but c'mon, for the kind of car it is it is great, I think the minimal interior drew me to the cx5, I like the lack of plastic and bs. It drives and handles awesome. Since I have had a week to drive a smaller engine 2013 I have appreciated the extra pep of the 2.5, I also think the more harsh ride of the 19's is a fair trade off for the responsiveness in handling, but it is definitely a stiffer ride. As the dealer had been proving itself untruthful and incompetent I have started driving my loaner extremely hard out of spite mostly in the semi manual mode and it takes it fine.

Again, I love it and am ok with bugs, but not lack of resolution. If they can make this right I think it's a great car minus the nav, it is unusable, but I will forever own this with a lack of confidence I NEVER had with toyotas.......

Yeah, I love mine....I really do hope I can keep it...........

I have had it for 5 weeks, well I have had it for 4 weeks, dealer has had it for over 1 week...nothing like a CEL coming on with 900 miles on a new car....even better than that is a completely incompetent dealer service that cant fix the problems and doesn't quite now how. I maintain our machines at work, and I really didn't hold it against Mazda when it had to go in with under 1000 miles because, hey, any oem issues would show up early and no reason after they are sorted out it won't be a great reliable car. After a week, I am more concerned about the dealers service department(been lied to etc.) than Mazda, but it is not reflecting well for Mazda. This and I come from a hardcore Toyota background (what we buy for work trucks) so this is highly disappointing from someone that has spent no money on services across 500,000 miles and 3 different model tundras.....

So considering I am more than halfway meeting lemon law requirements in only my first month of owning this thing, with their last fix causing another CEL code, and the shop time accumulated, I am becoming skeptical and I started out quite reasonable.

All that aside, I love it if it is mechanically safe and reliable. I got the GT and like all the upgrades that are usually a waste of money. The leather is cheap but c'mon, for the kind of car it is it is great, I think the minimal interior drew me to the cx5, I like the lack of plastic and bs. It drives and handles awesome. Since I have had a week to drive a smaller engine 2013 I have appreciated the extra pep of the 2.5, I also think the more harsh ride of the 19's is a fair trade off for the responsiveness in handling, but it is definitely a stiffer ride. As the dealer had been proving itself untruthful and incompetent I have started driving my loaner extremely hard out of spite mostly in the semi manual mode and it takes it fine.

Again, I love it and am ok with bugs, but not lack of resolution. If they can make this right I think it's a great car minus the nav, it is unusable, but I will forever own this with a lack of confidence I NEVER had with toyotas.......

In too came from Toyota Tacoma - and it was pretty reliable except for the rusted out frame and CEL codes for the exhaust at 60k miles - dead O2 sensors or intake - never did figure out the problem with that Toyota

Back