2023 CX-5 Noise…Anybody else?

I just bought my CX5 less than a year ago. It’s now making this ambulance siren sound, but very low volume and pitch. I think it happens constantly but it’s hard to hear when I’m driving because of the road noise but when I am stopped at a red light it’s very noticeable. It does not change with wind outside or anything external. I’ve tried turning the AC fan off as well as the AC button. That does not change anything either. Anybody have this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_2567.MOV
    42.5 MB
I don't think this is normal. I have two CX5. Neither makes this strange cycling noise.

Some questions if you can answer:
a. do you hear the same when gear is in P?
b. can you narrow it (source of noise) down better under the hood?

I have two CX fives and ones of GTR. The other is a signature and haven’t experience anything that you’re mentioning. My recommendation is to hook up a GoPro drive it and see if you can replicate the issue.

Last edited:
I don't think this is normal. I have two CX5. Neither makes this strange cycling noise.

Some questions if you can answer:
a. do you hear the same when gear is in P?
b. can you narrow it (source of noise) down better under the hood?

A. No it goes away in park
B. I still haven’t narrowed it to where it is coming from under the hood

So I had to crank up the volume a lot to hear anything, but once I heard it, it sounds like it's coming from another car. It looks like you were stopped at a light—can you get a better video from a quiet area, like your driveway or garage?

A. No it goes away in park
B. I still haven’t narrowed it to where it is coming from under the hood
That (A) is an important clue.
If your CX-5 has AWD, it could be from the driveShaft.

Best to let dealer debug it. Once the vehicle is lift up, the source of noise should be easy to identify.

Back