Who else is waiting impatiently for the 2016 CX-5?

Interesting, when I do a build your vehicle, it shows as a select-able option. Built in navigation is a $425 option. But I see it comes standard on GT model in the specs.

I'm not affiliated with these guys in any way, but was looking for 2016 photos last night and Morries Mazda in MN has some good ones.

I bought my 2014 from them. Straight up pricing over the internet, no hassles. Good place.

Hey, joepro, does your navigation voice change? And, does the sound only come from the front left speaker? I'm trying to determine how to change some things but am not certain how on this new navigation system.

Anyone with kids..I bought the Britax 2 pack kick mats for the back of th e2 front seats and they fit quite well on the 16 seats. Its one thing I promised myself to get immediately after I bought a new vehicle.
I am trying to think of other accessories I may need and wonder about the rear cargo mat and possibly a roof rack. Not sure how much I would utilize the roof rack but for a few trips in the summer it might come in handy.

Anyone with kids..I bought the Britax 2 pack kick mats for the back of th e2 front seats and they fit quite well on the 16 seats. Its one thing I promised myself to get immediately after I bought a new vehicle.
I am trying to think of other accessories I may need and wonder about the rear cargo mat and possibly a roof rack. Not sure how much I would utilize the roof rack but for a few trips in the summer it might come in handy.

I HIGHLY recommend the soft cargo liner. It's awesome!!!

photo_zps4f4aa401.jpg

Mazda apparently doesn't know the 2016's have arrived on the U.S. lots. (hand)

DY6U4AU.png

That looks great. Does it go over the back of the seats as well? A bit hard to tell from the picture. Be perfect for the summer. Would also be perfect for a dog but we lost him last summer.

Not sure if I have heard of anyone getting a dealer to waive the destination charge. Mine was around $800 IIRC.

Although I lived perhaps 6 miles from Mazda's Port of Entry (Tacoma, WA), I still had to pay the same destination charge on my '91 B2600i as someone who lived in Georgia. In fact, my neighbor was a longshoreman and likely drove my truck off the boat. Destination charges and advertising are typically carved in stone - no waivers.

Interesting, when I do a build your vehicle, it shows as a select-able option. Built in navigation is a $425 option. But I see it comes standard on GT model in the specs.

I learned this pass weekend that believe it or not, navigation is NOT standard on the 2016 GT. I test drove the GT and it didn't have navigation but the salesman stated I could have it added on, that all it is is a chip they insert. So the car is wired for it, just needs the software chip. Very odd, when you're approaching those costs.

I learned this pass weekend that believe it or not, navigation is NOT standard on the 2016 GT. I test drove the GT and it didn't have navigation but the salesman stated I could have it added on, that all it is is a chip they insert. So the car is wired for it, just needs the software chip. Very odd, when you're approaching those costs.

He was referring to the Canadian model. It IS standard on the Canadian 2016 GT. Not sure why there are so many differences between the 2 models.

Mazdausa 2016 Launch *Maybe
Drove through a blizzard at lunch to see one of 5 2016's my dealer had on the lot. It looked amazing in the pearl white with new rims and black windows!

Anyway, I was able to see package information and incentives. My salesman of 12 years said he would show the info, but couldn't give me a copy. I don't remember the details, but a couple interesting notes. Leather was only on the GT. Also, I noted *APR / Incentives - Pending 3/3/15. He thought that might possibly be the launch of the site builder. Currently there are no incentives or financing with exception of the $500 loyalty.

Side note. A little scared of keeping parchment clean. Anyone had success with sand or lighter leather colors? What product did you use?

FYI, I posted this on my thread for my new 2016 model: "Ok, so I said the salesperson told me the text features wouldn't work with an iPhone. Well, it is working. The new Mazda Connect will speak the text message. It won't display, but the navigation voice reads it. It's weird hearing the navigation woman speaking with my buddy's speech pattern. LOL!"

Good to hear!! I wonder if there is an update for the system in the 3s that will also make it work there. I had heard it was still broken on those.

I am indeed waiting impatiently for the 2016 CX-5 I just ordered. Haven't seen one in person yet, so based my purchase on trying out the 2015 version and reading up on what has changed. Will be nice with a change after driving an 2005 X-Trail for the last 10 years...

Does anyone know if the 2016 Owner manual or quick start guide is available online yet?

Side note. A little scared of keeping parchment clean. Anyone had success with sand or lighter leather colors? What product did you use?

I haven't any probs with my Sand leather. And I don't work "in an office behind a desk". I use Lexol cleaner and conditioners, works good. But, I have noticed some leather cracking lines at 11,500 miles already on the left lower support cushion that I'm not real happy about.

I haven't any probs with my Sand leather. And I don't work "in an office behind a desk". I use Lexol cleaner and conditioners, works good. But, I have noticed some leather cracking lines at 11,500 miles already on the left lower support cushion that I'm not real happy about.

Thanks for the info. I have heard good things about Lexol. I will give it a shot on the Sand in the CX-9. Maybe less scared. You mentioned cracking on the support cushion. Something interesting came up that I didn't realize (maybe not news here). The 'Leather 'Trim' seats refers to the main face of the seat is leather, the sides, back, and support is a 'Leather-Like' material. Anyway, just thought of it when you mentioned the crack lines. Thanks again.

I always heard here on the forum everything our body touches is leather, only the headrest, 2 inch strips on the sides and the lower seat bolsters and all the back are not leather.

Back