Who else is waiting impatiently for the 2016 CX-5?

How much are you all paying for insurance? I know insurance varies depending on the options important to you (e.g., collision, rental, etc), but what sort of ranges is the '16 CX-5 GT + TP getting these days? I was just quoted $928 over six months ($1856 for the entire year) with collision set to a deductible of $500.

I pay about $450/6 months on my 2015 CX-5 with Nationwide. I bundled with my renter's insurance (though I will have to drop the renter's soon as we are moving out and buying!). I wonder about bundling my home insurance and hopefully pushing it down a bit more. I carry both comprehensive and collision coverage, but with $1,000 deductibles.

I pay about $450/6 months on my 2015 CX-5 with Nationwide. I bundled with my renter's insurance (though I will have to drop the renter's soon as we are moving out and buying!). I wonder about bundling my home insurance and hopefully pushing it down a bit more. I carry both comprehensive and collision coverage, but with $1,000 deductibles.

You should consider bringing down your comprehensive deductible. It is usually worth the cost. I took mine from 500 to 100 on comprehensive and it cost me an extra 30 every 6 months. Comprehensive covers acts of God. Here in PA you hit a deer and a 1000 deductible could hurt.

How much are you all paying for insurance? I know insurance varies depending on the options important to you (e.g., collision, rental, etc), but what sort of ranges is the '16 CX-5 GT + TP getting these days? I was just quoted $928 over six months ($1856 for the entire year) with collision set to a deductible of $500.

Yikes - it may depend on your age / location. My wife and I are both 30 and our insurance for the '16 GT with full coverage $500 deductible (collision and comprehensive) is $1050 / year.

Last edited:
Comparing insurance rates on a forum is a futile effort. You won't get anywhere because insurance has dozens of variables from your location to your credit score to your driving history.

Wow - I know insurance varies significantly with age, location, occupation, driving record, insurance loyalty, and coverage options, but I'm looking at $750/6 months for the San Francisco area. I'm 27, clean record, qualify for occupation discounts, and have been with GEICO for >5 years. This sucks.

Wow - I know insurance varies significantly with age, location, occupation, driving record, insurance loyalty, and coverage options, but I'm looking at $750/6 months for the San Francisco area. I'm 27, clean record, qualify for occupation discounts, and have been with GEICO for >5 years. This sucks.

I'm in the DC area, so it's definitely not cheap. I'm 23. Speeding ticket on my record from last year, June 2014. No claims that were my fault.

I switched from Liberty Mutual on my old Tribute to Nationwide with the CX-5 when I got it, since LM wanted over $200/month ($1,200/6 months!) and I just wasn't going to pay that, so I shopped around and Nationwide had the best rate when coupled with my renter's insurance.

My suggestion would be to shop around and bundle any policies you can (renter's, home, whatever you need). I also get a minor discount for allowing them to directly debit my checking account each month rather than pay in full every 6 months (which surprised me).

Okay so I had a dealer offer me their E-plan pricing on a 16 CX-5 GT, saving me a couple thousand. That in of itself is very tempting but of course price still a little higher than I want. So as any dealer does, he brought up leasing. Which I don't really like because of the mileage limit. However he told me that going over the miles DOESN'T matter if I plan to keep the car, or trade in for another Mazda. And that they only matter if I just turn the car in and walk away. Can someone please confirm whether this is true? I also brought up damages that can occur to the car over time, if they happen for some reason. He also stated they offer up to $1500 for any damages that may occur. Can someone confirm this as well? These two items definitely have made me consider leasing more but still unsure. Mainly because the modifying the car side of it. I like to play LED lights inside my cars in the vanity lights. Not sure how that works for leasing. But main thing, I'm just looking for clarification about the miles and damages part.

Got my '15 GT/Tech on a lease. Wasn't comfortable with a 12k annual mileage limit so they rewrote it for 18k miles (and another $7/month). I changed out my incandescent bulbs in all my interior lights to LED bulbs. I saved the old bulbs and they'll go back in when I turn the vehicle back in. You can't do a permanent mod to a leased vehicle.

Got my '15 GT/Tech on a lease. Wasn't comfortable with a 12k annual mileage limit so they rewrote it for 18k miles (and another $7/month). I changed out my incandescent bulbs in all my interior lights to LED bulbs. I saved the old bulbs and they'll go back in when I turn the vehicle back in. You can't do a permanent mod to a leased vehicle.

Okay thank you the the confirmation.

Best part is this includes replacement cost and the lowest possible deductibles. Who are you with? When we were with RBC, our premium was 1300$ on a 2005 civic. We found this great independent broker who was able to save us a ton of money.

We are with TD Meloche Monnex, $,1000 deductible and replacement cost feature and that's about it...

Who are you with?

Jeez, Mazda! Come on! It's high time for you to update the website!

I took my '15 GT in for its first service last week, saw a '15 CX-5 on the showroom floor and asked about the '16s. He said they're across the street in the overflow lot. They want to sell their '15 inventory.

Back