Who else is waiting impatiently for the 2016 CX-5?

It is a little better in a few ways, but the infotainment system is a significant improvement.

I did lose some money because there were not many incentives, but I did get it $1500 below MSRP (incl. $500 owner loyalty). Oddly I got more tradein from my 2012 CRV when I traded it in on the 2014 CX5 than I did this time.

I used cargurus.com (like truecar.com) and had to go thru several dealers until I found one willing to sell it to me at the price I was looking for.

When you traded in the '14 for the '16, were you able to stick to your same loan, or did you have to get an entirely new one?

When you traded in the '14 for the '16, were you able to stick to your same loan, or did you have to get an entirely new one?

I paid cash for both of them so there was no balance to pay off or any financing to be done (I'm retired...)

I don't know if this is new to the 16 model, but I love the new light placement in the cargo area! From the side (on my 13) to the back door (16) - which makes it on top when it's open. Excellent!

I don't know if this is new to the 16 model, but I love the new light placement in the cargo area! From the side (on my 13) to the back door (16) - which makes it on top when it's open. Excellent!

That is a nice change being on the lift-gate.

Just picked up our CX-5 in Black Mica this evening!

WP_20150312_18_55_49_Pro.jpg

Well that's a new one on me. First the author mentions the new electric parking brake and then, a bit later, says that there is a "leather-wrapped...parking brake handle". Guess that's only on the Canadian models, eh? (boom01)

I noticed that too haha. And no, that's not a Canadian models only, eh.

Okay so I had a dealer offer me their E-plan pricing on a 16 CX-5 GT, saving me a couple thousand. That in of itself is very tempting but of course price still a little higher than I want. So as any dealer does, he brought up leasing. Which I don't really like because of the mileage limit. However he told me that going over the miles DOESN'T matter if I plan to keep the car, or trade in for another Mazda. And that they only matter if I just turn the car in and walk away. Can someone please confirm whether this is true? I also brought up damages that can occur to the car over time, if they happen for some reason. He also stated they offer up to $1500 for any damages that may occur. Can someone confirm this as well? These two items definitely have made me consider leasing more but still unsure. Mainly because the modifying the car side of it. I like to play LED lights inside my cars in the vanity lights. Not sure how that works for leasing. But main thing, I'm just looking for clarification about the miles and damages part.

Dude don't look a gift horse in the mouth. E-Plan pricing is an amazing deal on a 2016. From what I understand there is a loophole where the stealership doesn't have to provide any real proof that you are an employee and Mazda corporate pays out full MSRP commision. I could be wrong cuz I wasn't asking too many questions about that but that was kind of how I put the puzzle together in my mind.

Yeah the e plan isn't my concern at this point. Its whether its legit or not about the stipulations they stated regarding leasing the car. I can see the e plan on paper, its the what they're saying about leasing the car that I was hoping to confirm.

Yeah the e plan isn't my concern at this point. Its whether its legit or not about the stipulations they stated regarding leasing the car. I can see the e plan on paper, its the what they're saying about leasing the car that I was hoping to confirm.

Why not take a look at the contract? We can say it is or isn't BS, but you are the one signing the contract. If you find out, let us know. Everything is negotiable when buying/leasing a car.

Do not take their word for it.
They are not known as stealerships for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh okay gotcha. I didn't know leasing stipulations varied dealer to dealer. I thought there was a general rule set everyone followed about leasing, including the limit on miles. But if it does vary, yeah I'd have to look at the contract. Thanks guys.

How much are you all paying for insurance? I know insurance varies depending on the options important to you (e.g., collision, rental, etc), but what sort of ranges is the '16 CX-5 GT + TP getting these days? I was just quoted $928 over six months ($1856 for the entire year) with collision set to a deductible of $500.

Back