Who else is waiting impatiently for the 2016 CX-5?

To each their own I suppose. I usually go by the car's manual. None the less I am eager to get the Touring model and have similar experiences in due time!

Test drove the 16 this weekend. Drove very nice, and the interior upgrade, primarily the infotainment system is much needed. I will say though that as far as acceleration and drive-ability, not much different than a 15(test drove a 15 2 weeks ago), for the most part. However, as much as I want a 16, I just don't want to pay what it's going to cost. I'm paying $270/month now with my 13 Elantra Limited, and I didn't want to stem too much away from that(trying to save for a house). Just started working as an RN in the Baltimore area an really need an SUV/CUV. Tomorrows snow has me worried lol Anyhow, think I may see if I can get a used 13-15 on the cheaper side. Maybe to hold me over until I am more financially stable and well into my career. Perhaps in time for the new 17s. But an awesome car and I am very jealous of all you new 16 owners. Enjoy it! Amazing car.

I hear you about the cost, I am looking at the 2016 Touring myself. Monthly payment is big for me as well and I am looking to stay in the same $250-270 monthly payment range. If you put $2,500 down and lease it, that should put you right around where you want to be depending on how many miles you get for the lease. I plan on taking a low mileage (10,000 mile a year) lease and then buying it out at lease end. Yeah I may spend a little more for the vehicle when buying it out but I am willing to do that for this particular car, it shouldn't me much. If you are willing to consider leasing check this website out http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/car-lease.html This helps you see what kind of deal is good.

I gotta ask the question. Is this good for the car? With under 500 miles and loaded with break in fluid I know you should vary speed but sound like you took a whip to her. And I'm not talking about after you put the seats down. ��. Sounded like fun but had to ask.

Yeah maybe a bit harsh but the road is so windy you can't got that fast anyway. I'll take her easy for a while. She's been sitting in my garage for 4 days as I just got back from a trip to Death Valley. Can't wait to play with the car and get it dialed in. You can read the quick start guide all you want but unless you're sitting in the car it's rather unfulfilling. The manual is a tome that I've yet to brave but I'll get to it.

After consulting the owners manual, page 3-41 indicates that no special break in period is required but suggests a few precautions in the first 600 miles. Don't race the engine, no constant speed for a long period, no high rpm for a long period, no hard stops, no full throttle starts, no towing. Figure I'm good for the most part but thanks for the word of caution.

Last edited:
Hey Bob-Loblaw and Ekcooper.. Can you guys or anyone with a 2016 CX-5 give us an update on how the infotainment system is? Did you guys try using the texting and bluetooth software? Also how about the apps like Aha, Stitcher Radio or Pandora? Is there anything that you found that really makes you love the car?

Also can you guys tell us anything that you dislike about the vehicle.. Road noise, infotainment software, gauges, how comfortable the seats are, the over all quality inside etc? Anything you found annoying or maybe under engineered?

Here's a video that shows the 2015 and 2016 side by side. I didn't even know that I wanted a shiny side mirror knob, but I do now! :) Sorry if this is a repost, just throwing it out there since I didn't see it in this thread.

Hey Bob-Loblaw and Ekcooper.. Can you guys or anyone with a 2016 CX-5 give us an update on how the infotainment system is? Did you guys try using the texting and bluetooth software? Also how about the apps like Aha, Stitcher Radio or Pandora? Is there anything that you found that really makes you love the car?

Also can you guys tell us anything that you dislike about the vehicle.. Road noise, infotainment software, gauges, how comfortable the seats are, the over all quality inside etc? Anything you found annoying or maybe under engineered?

I took her ona couple 30 min. drives today which is my most extensive windshield time yet. I had trouble with pandora when I first tried it but worked fine on my wife's droid razor. Haven't tried aha or stitcher. Just activated XM today but haven't used it. Love the back up camera and blind spot monitoring. Lane departure is too sensitive so hopefully I can tweak that. Oh we had trouble pairing my wife's phone until I deleted my phone from the system. That doesn't seem right.
Have not tried any texting yet. Road noise has not been a problem for me. Interior build quality seems quite elegant to be honest. We were both commenting how much we liked the trim today. Dashboard is a weird rubbery material which is fine with me. Better than plastic. My neighbor really seemed impressed by the car and how good it looked. He thought the rims and tint were after market. Oh and we stopped for lunch today and popped the back and sat back there to eat. Very cool.

Good video
Thank you.

Here's a video that shows the 2015 and 2016 side by side. I didn't even know that I wanted a shiny side mirror knob, but I do now! :) Sorry if this is a repost, just throwing it out there since I didn't see it in this thread.

I agree with Bob-Loblaw that the inside seems more elegant. And the trim, wheels and grill all look awesome. I used my Amazon music app while before I got my Sirius transferred over and didn't have any trouble playing it through the bluetooth. Honestly though, now that my Sirius is back up, I won't use anything else again as that's all I listen to.

The road noise is better than my 2013 CX-5 so I'm happy (although I was never really upset about it in the first place). I like the newly added safety features. The seats are much more comfortable than my 2013. Honestly, I loved my 2013 but the upgrade in power has been awesome.

I love the new infotainment screen, but I'm not sure I love the system. I'm still trying to get used to it and need to read more. I can't figure out how to pause Sirius and the favorite station setup is a bit more complicated. The command knob is cool though and I'm starting to get used to it. And, I think the navigation is going to be easier to use.

Overall, love it. It's familiar yet dissimilar enough to be a bit confusing though. :)

Just to add a little to what ekcooper said regarding the infotainment system: I still quite haven't figured out how voice commands work - I should read the manual - but the one thing I do really like is that I can bypass the voice prompts (or cut them off). I really hated having to waste 2 minutes listening to those useless prompts on my 2013.

Nice points, I can't wait to get one! I believe the satellite radio is only available on the GT, can anyone confirm? It's funny how on the Touring trim level there are a few things that it doesn't come with that are bothersome to me. Such as heated seats, and satellite radio. LED lighting I can understand being on the GT as well as the bigger nicer rims. Just trying to stay in a realistic price range for myself and not pay for things that I really won't need.

Thanks for all the great information on the 2016's, I want to ask did most choose the black interior or the white interior? I'm still debating between the two as there is more maintenance with the white interior but it looks great and will help with the summers.

I went with white. Thought it looked good and found black got way too warm in my 2013.

Thanks for all the great information on the 2016's, I want to ask did most choose the black interior or the white interior? I'm still debating between the two as there is more maintenance with the white interior but it looks great and will help with the summers.

I stuck with the black interior. I had white bar tape on my bike handle bars and it was a pain to keep clean. There wasn't any way I was going to try that in a car. My wife and I are triathletes and we can mess up an interior. :)

Thanks for the replies, I was thinking along the same lines. Its a trade off either way, I wish they offered additional color options in leather.

Did anyone else notice in the video that the 2016 she was in did not have the Tech package (which means it also did not have the I-Active package either) yet it had the Blind Spot Monitor and the cross-traffic monitor? Nice upgrade to have without have Tech.

Whoa, people are getting the 2016 cx5's in canada. When is US getting them? I'm really in a pickle between Honda CRV, Honda HRV that supposedly is March, and Mazda CX5. Problem is I have to get one next month because my Kia lease dies end of march

Whoa, people are getting the 2016 cx5's in canada. When is US getting them? I'm really in a pickle between Honda CRV, Honda HRV that supposedly is March, and Mazda CX5. Problem is I have to get one next month because my Kia lease dies end of march

I just got mine in the US. San Antonio, TX. First one in the city. :) So, they're on their way!!!

Back