Where I can buy stock rim for P5?

Tedddy

:
2002 Protege5
one of mine is bent. I have the stock rims. i'd like to get one that is new old stock, because if i buy a used one, it might also be bent.

raptor09 said:
You still got these - how much?

Same question.

I have one wheel that must have been cursed or something because it causes a pull no matter which tire is on it. It doesn't vibrate and looks ok except for a bit of curb rash. I'm just looking for a replacement for that one though and don't need a whole set. (Right now it's back on the right rear, where it's evil ways only cause a slight pull to the left instead of the strong pull to the right it induces when on the front axle.)

Are yours part number 9965476060 or 9965486060?

http://www.getcrashparts.com/produc...+Wheels&diameter=&engine=&ac=&tt=&sku=2497833

i don't know what the part numbers are, but they are the earlier style. (twisted spoke) also, the only way i will let them go are as a set. i have no use for three wheels sitting around.

njaremka said:
they are the earlier style. (twisted spoke) also, the only way i will let them go are as a set. i have no use for three wheels sitting around.

Ok, so not the wheel I needed anyway.

I was thinking maybe you might have been willing to sell them one at a time if you could get orders for all 4 wheels first. There are probably a lot more potential customers for 1 or 2 wheels then for all 4 together, since curbs and potholes tend to only take out at most two wheels at a time.

-pixy- said:
I have the newer chrome wheel in good shape if thats what you need :)

My wheels look exactly like the ones in the link above. They aren't shiny like chrome trim is. My wheels don't look at all chromed to me. A picture of the two types of wheel side by side (or at least is similar light) would help though, if someone has a link handy.

Thanks

there are some places that can fix bent rims call some tire shops and see if they know anyone that can fix bent rims thats what i did and i paid 100 to have it fixed and you wouldnt be able to tell it was bent

i have these, i ended up getting a new set after i dented one, so i have 3 of them

mywheel.jpg

*does not come with snow (this is chopped out of an older pic of my car)

mymp5 said:
there are some places that can fix bent rims call some tire shops

I called the one shop that I know of locally (well 20 miles, in LA that's local) that actually does this work in house, and without seeing the wheel they were thinking it would run 100-175.

-pixy- said:
i have these, i ended up getting a new set after i dented one, so i have 3 of them

mywheel.jpg

I can't make out the chrome finish in that picture but I'll take your word for it. Too bad because otherwise it's the right wheel. The shop I called said it would be 175 to refinish the chrome to silver and guarantee a match to the color of the other wheels.

Guess I'll post a WTB in the appropriate forum and see if anything turns up.

Thanks all.

altspace said:
You seriously can't tell that is chrome?

Nope. I can tell chrome from silver in person, just not in that picture.

The wheel in the picture looks a littly shinier than I'd have expected for a silver wheel. But that's not entirely unexpected since the wheel is wet and cold (note the snow). So the extra gleam could be from chrome or it could be from a layer of water or even a reflection from the camera's flash.

can you tell in this gihugic picture?

i suggest not auto-resizing

(the 323 badge is painted to match the silver finish wheels that i have now)

Attachments

• HPIM1824.JPG
    HPIM1824.JPG
    298.1 KB · Views: 118
-pixy- said:
can you tell in this gihugic picture?

Yes. Thanks.

On the front wheel there's a sharp reflection on the lower part of the rim area. Even when just washed the silver finish on my current wheels doesn't reflect like that. It's a little harder to tell on the back wheel as the angle is so shallow.

Is that you in the distorted reflection on the bumper?

NRRfrogmanP5 said:
i have a set of 4 just sittin in my basement

im kinda on the market for a set of 4 (see sig), im willing to consider an offer. how much will it take to get the whole set? tires included?

Latest posts

Back