Wheel & Tire Options

ohh i plan to roll for sure.

What's your offset? I'm on stock wheels (18x7.5) with 235/40/18 tires and springs, I'm dropped 2" if not more (the lowest of speed6s I've had my car next to).

I don't rub but if I went with 8" wide wheels I'd rub for sure (you can barely fit your fingers between tire and fender but you can still see the fender and the non-rolled area is probably like 1/4 of an inch from the sidewall of tire).

If your offset is +48 or less, even on 225 width, I'll guarantee you rub.

i am pretty sure you will, H&R go pretty low right?
stock offset already puts us fairly close, going to 8" wide with lower sounds like a 100% chance to rub.

plan to fender roll/trim in your near future.

LOL, not to derail, but I thought your damn avatar was a bug on my notebook at first. (braindead

What's your offset? I'm on stock wheels (18x7.5) with 235/40/18 tires and springs, I'm dropped 2" if not more (the lowest of speed6s I've had my car next to).

I don't rub but if I went with 8" wide wheels I'd rub for sure (you can barely fit your fingers between tire and fender but you can still see the fender and the non-rolled area is probably like 1/4 of an inch from the sidewall of tire).

If your offset is +48 or less, even on 225 width, I'll guarantee you rub.

well im going to be 1.3-1.4 inches lower.. i bought the set of tires and rims from tire rack so im not to sure what the offset is on them.

well im going to be 1.3-1.4 inches lower.. i bought the set of tires and rims from tire rack so im not to sure what the offset is on them.

1.3-1.4 inches lower than factory height? we'll just assume 1.5 for leeway.

I thought tirerack listed offset with their wheels? I was pretty sure of it. Unless they changed something, what design did you get, I could check for you. I'm pretty sure its at least +48 offset or lower, so you will need to rolle the rear fenders.

Offset is +48.......

You're going to be dropped on springs 1.5" and running 225/45/18 tires? You're gonna rub, you'll need to roll the fenders.

yeah ive been looking into buying a fender roller from Eastwood.. figure im gonna need one in the future for the business might as well buy it now. 269 retail isnt bad, i bet i could get it alittle cheaper by calling them up and seeing if i could rep them as a sponser for their line of products.

yeah ive been looking into buying a fender roller from Eastwood.. figure im gonna need one in the future for the business might as well buy it now. 269 retail isnt bad, i bet i could get it alittle cheaper by calling them up and seeing if i could rep them as a sponser for their line of products.

If you DON'T need to buy it, there's a site online that "rents" them out. you pay like $60 or $80, can't remember, but you have to give them a refundable deposit of like $200 (you get it back) they send you a fender roller and a heat gun to better bend the metal while you're rolling.

If you end up buying it I will pay you to roll mine for me!!

ok i just wanted to ask the wheels and tire gurus, will a set of 18x9.5 +45 offset on 225/45/18 rub. fenders are rolled, tires will have some stretch and i'm lowered on H&Rs. i used the wheels calculator and it said that i would be 5 mm closer to the strut and will stick out 1'' if i run the " suggested" 245/40/18 wheels. i plan on running a 5 mm spacer to bring them to a +40 offset and like stated before run a slight stretch on the tires. so do you guys think i will have any problems with this setup?

Yes. You are already way beyond what the stock setup is, and you say you are also going to reduce your offset further with spacers? I'm not to sure that you can even get a 225 to fit on a 9.5 width, IIRC the biggest recommend width for that size is 8.

i meant to say 235/45/18. i dont know why i kept thinking 225/45s. like i said before with a +45 offset and that width it would be a little close to the strut. thats why i would bring it out to a +40 offset.

I might just be safe and get the 8.5'' wheels. but then again i am not the be safe kind of guy. i just hope i dont have to run a crazy amount of camber on the rear.

so I've looked as far and wide as I can and can't seem to find a definitive answer... I know in the first post is says not to use 235 tires, but would 235-40/R18 on 18x8 50mm (RX8) wheels without rolling the fenders? They should be .2" closer to the suspension and .6" further out, but on stock suspension would they rub? I could do 225-40, but then the speedo would be 2.2% off instead of only 1%

I'd say on stock suspension you'll probably be fine, but it will look silly without lowering the car...but judging from your avatar, i guess you aren't concerned with the car looking like a monster truck.

I'd say on stock suspension you'll probably be fine, but it will look silly without lowering the car...but judging from your avatar, i guess you aren't concerned with the car looking like a monster truck.
why exactly would it look silly? Yes, the car looks better lowered a little, but it doesn't look bad without it lowered. There are other mods on the list ahead of new suspension bits.

I just don't like the look of cars with aftermarket (wider and larger) rims without a lowered suspension. It further accentuates the wheel gap.

Back