Wheel & Tire Options

I've got 215/45/18 on OEM rims 18 x 7, how well does 225/40/18 perform on these rims? I've read on other Mazda forums and the carbible that they shouldn't be fitted to 18x7 rims. What's been other 6 owners experience with this size tyres, do they look too small for the wheel arch and how about comfort or performance? Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

I've got 215/45/18 on OEM rims 18 x 7, how well does 225/40/18 perform on these rims? I've read on other Mazda forums and the carbible that they shouldn't be fitted to 18x7 rims. What's been other 6 owners experience with this size tyres, do they look too small for the wheel arch and how about comfort or performance? Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Regular 6 or Mazdaspeed6 ?

I have a Mazdaspeed6 running 235/40/18 on the stock OEM wheels (which is 18 x 7), and I've had no issues.

My car is also dropped 2 inches from factory height, so the wheels fit, they might appear slightly smaller in the wheel wells.

As for comfort and performance that also plays a large part by the brand and not just the size. You'll notice a difference running Exclaim UHP in 225/40/18 and running Michelin Pilot Sports (or whatever they are) in the same size.

Regular 6 wagon, standard height, I'm limited to only a few brands in NZ - currently looking at Yokohama A Drive R1 or Falken ZE912's. Thanks.

considering wheels . . . 18x8_40mm offset . . .

I'm considering wheels that are 18x8 with a 40mm offset / my Speed6 is lowered almost 2". I plan on staying with the stock size 215/45, but I may upgrade to 225's when my stockers lose their tread.

Do you think I will suffer "rubbing" . . . will I have to roll fenders?
AND . . .
Does rolling the fenders, damage the car?

Thanx in advance.

I'm considering wheels that are 18x8 with a 40mm offset / my Speed6 is lowered almost 2". I plan on staying with the stock size 215/45, but I may upgrade to 225's when my stockers lose their tread.

AND . . .

Thanx in advance.

1. I wouldn't consider sticking with the 215s if you're getting 18x8 since the stock wheels are supposed to be what, 18x7? So you're gonna be pushing the tires out? I was never a fan of that look, and it looks unsafe to me.

2. if you're getting a +40 offset when our cars are like +55 or +60, and you're dropped 2"...... Hard me for me to tell on the stock 215s but I know if you get 225s you will rub unless you roll the fenders. There is a chance the 215s might rub. I don't know if anyone here can answer that cause I personally haven't heard of anyone getting 18x8 wheels and putting them in the factory 215 tires.

3. If you do it right, no, rolling the fenders won't damage the car.

AND . . .

Thanx in advance.

i've got 18x8 +35 225/40 I would get the fenders rolled. I rubbed with that setup not even lowered. Rolling the fenders does not damage the car if done properly.

17" Wheels on MS6

Do any current members have 17" wheels on their MS6? I found wheels that I don't think I can live without unless they would look absolutely stoopid! If anyone has pics of an MS6 on 17's, please let me know!

Thanks....(rockon)

you can do 18x8 et38 245/40 roll rear a bit and ur good to go!
well . . . I decided that with my car being so low, that offset is a bit extreme for me. I finally made a decision & I ordered my new wheels a couple of weeks ago, so I'm patiently awaiting their arrival, on a slow boat from from Japan . . . they should be here in another few weeks.

They are the Advan Racing RS 18 X 7-1/2, with a 48mm offset, in gun metallic colour . . . which I'll be putting 225/45 tires on.

cheers

Thanks. any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for the info. I plan on ordering rims in the near future for my 05 Mazda 6 and i can't decide on what color to go for. The car is blue and my current thoughts are white, black or chrome. any suggestions?

im look at some tires.. Nitto 555's in specific and under load range im used to seeing XL and various letters like this.. but it says their load range is 1201@50?? i have no idea what that means and 30 mins or researching has done nothing either so i figured id post.. Anyone know what this means???

Just get one with an XL rating. That's the weight each tire can handle, and more than our car weighs if you do the math;

1250*4 = 5000

Our cars are ~3750 (for sake of simplicity)
3750/4 = 937.5 lbs. per corner

so wouldnt that mean that its ok for our car??.. or am i missing something... are there risks that i might be taking by getting these tires for after market rims??

so wouldnt that mean that its ok for our car??.. or am i missing something... are there risks that i might be taking by getting these tires for after market rims??

He's telling you that it's ok and to just get tires that DO have the XL rating. Especially with a speed6, what I've checked on various tire sites, the XL is the recommended to go with.

i am pretty sure you will, H&R go pretty low right?
stock offset already puts us fairly close, going to 8" wide with lower sounds like a 100% chance to rub.

plan to fender roll/trim in your near future.

Back