Wheel Spacers

ok, so i'm running 5zigen pro racer gn+'s 17x7.5 225/45 tire and i'm having an issue idk if anyone else is.... I'm rubbing in the back which is common but in the front the wheel is directly under the spring mount on the shock. and on a bad bump it hits and rubs it... fender rolling is happening in the next couple days.

I'm thinking of getting the ichiba 20mm spacers to have it pushed out from under the mount. any objections?....can't remember the offset off the top of my head.

the spring mount and wheel should move together, it's normal for the wheel to be directly below it... are you sure it's hitting the mount and not something else? also, what's the offset on your wheels? are you lowered?

stock springs, offset is unknown off the top of my head i'll look in the morning

I didn't notice it on the stock RH's if thats normal then its no biggie i won't get spacers. i'll just roll the fenders

i honestly don't think it's possible to rub the bottom of the spring perch unless your wheels/tires are so big that they touch it! in which case your car would be undrivable. obviously rubbing the fenders is far more common. if you are rubbing anywhere you should be able inspect the inside of the fender well/suspension and find evidence of scuffing somewhere.

dude those tires are ******* HUGE, and you could possibly be rubbing from the increase in camber when you hit bumps maybe? idk but i have the same rims and same specs (Gn+ Proracer), just with 205/50's and i had a pretty hard time getting those tires to fit without rubbing

dude those tires are ******* HUGE, and you could possibly be rubbing from the increase in camber when you hit bumps maybe? idk but i have the same rims and same specs (Gn+ Proracer), just with 205/50's and i had a pretty hard time getting those tires to fit without rubbing

if 215 is stock. 225 isn't that much bigger lol

eh, i'll roll the fenders this weekend and i'll see whats going on

Also remember by moving the wheels, and moment-arm outwards, you are increasing the load you put on the springs. Its hard to explain, but its akin to putting a breaker bar on a ratchet to get more torque on it. I need stiffer springs in the rear - front's are okay...

What offset are the wheels you are putting these on? 20mm is quite a bit in the rear and you are certainly going to rub back there on stock spring rate.

I had to cut out some of my inside fender well about 5mm so it stopped shredding small pieces of my new tires

Dont mean to reopen this, but blkonblk, where did you find the 15mm hubcentrics you were talking about that you can use the stock studs???

the 15mm spacers come with new studs pressed into the spacers already and new lug nuts as well. You dont need anything extra.

ahh ok I see, so this is just the more effortless method? cuz I mean those in the link were just a tad more expensive than ones I've looked up, must be a convenience thing?

yeah, in your post you were asking about something you can use with the stock studs. the bolt-on spacers usually go from about 10mm-30mm and bolt right up to the stock studs. just need to make sure there are pockets on the back of the wheel in between the holes for the studs if you are going 20mm or smaller. otherwise if you just want to use regular spacer with your stock studs i wouldn't go over 5 or 6mm for safety sake.

Well I was just gonna be using the stock MSP RH's so from what I've read this will work; now i just gotta save a little cash(wiggle)

Question on this...

Can we run 15mm Spacers that use the stock lugs to mount the spacers and have a set of new lugs to mount the wheel too?

Is there enough of a pocket on the back of the stock racing harts to fit the stock lug that will stick out from the spacer?

you keep saying lug, if you mean stud, then yes the answers above were correct. But there def isnt enough room for the stock lugnut lol

Back