Wheel Spacers

FlyinHawaiian

:
Mazdaspeed Protege #1460
Hey guys, I want to put 10mm spacers on my stock RH's to give a little more aggressive look to them. 12mm would be ideal, but I read that you can usually only get them in 5mm increments (true/false?). Anyways, where can I find a good set of them for springtime, how much should they run me, and how do I install them? Am I going to need longer wheel studs or will the stock ones be okay for 10-12mm?

Thanks.

I bought a set of 5mm spacers off of a fellow member to put on my RacingHarts and there's not enough lug sticking through to get a lug nut threaded on.

Hi Jeff,

I am running 10s from a special GB a few years ago. You might find a set up for sale but
I cannot remember who did the GB.
But H&R makes spacers in 5, 15,20,25 and 30mms.
Let me know if you want a set. 20s are on backorder.

Awesome, I'll keep that in mind. How do you install them and will they work with my stock RHs? Do I need longer wheel studs or do the spacers change the location of the stud too? A 10mm spacer will bring me to a +45mm offset on the Racing Harts and I think the +40>45mm range looks best on the MSP. I don't really want to go past +45 though since It'll be damn close to rubbing...

anything above 5mm, i would run longer studs. i have 3mm spacers, and i feel like i'm right at the limit for proper thread engagement in the lug nuts.

+1 anything over 5mm you'll need longer studs. 5mm is like the limit. There was a thread on here about running spacer on stock rh's. Dunno if they ever did or not.

There's a brand called Ichiba that makes 10mm hub-centric spacers for our cars. The spacers come with new extended lugs. They are 5x114.3 with a 67.1 hub cutout. They cost about $80 per pair.

can you put the web site becuase I only see them for 155 and you got to get the p5's

Does anyone know how hard it is to change out the studs/spacers? I guess I'd just put the spacers on when I put the other wheels on, and then take them off when I put my snow tires on. Just get open-ended lug nuts for the snows so I can tighten them down completely...

Exactly right... you'd need to get extended lug nuts (prolly open-ended) to avoid having to change out the studs when changing out the wheels.

If you get open-ended regular length studs, they would need to be the kind where the socket goes on the outside and you might see the end of the lug sticking out a touch (and prolly rusting). My current open-ended lugs have a socket tool that fits inside the lug so they won't work with extended lugs; the socket would dead-end when hitting the stud before I had the lug cranked down tight.

Last edited:
changing out studs is not that hard, but i wouldnt want to do it every winter.

Back