What's your mileage?

What's the milage on your 3rd Gen Protege5 or Protege?

• Total voters
212,5xx here, bought it a week ago today, first 1/2 tank of fuel rendered 31.4mpg. Thats with NO a/c (leaks to be fixed), a CEL (knock sensor-on order), a rough idle (cleaned EGR, needs seafoam and new plugs/wires) and dirty oil (switching to synthetic soon)...

I might be able to pull off 35mpg if everything works out ok...

anbar012_large.jpg

thought about eh CEL Elimanator but I dont know how its going to help/effect/hurt my performance and gas mileage.

Im going to change my fuel filter sock which i think is clogged.

I dont mind the light being on.

It won't hurt performance. The rear o2 sensor is only for sensing if the cat is functioning. Not for tuning.

I run one and pull 35mpg.

and I'm 179,600 miles as of now....

i gots 190K and still running good

rebuilding the engine before i go turbo though, dont want to take any chances

oh and i consistantly get 30-35mpg city/rural area

Im at 131k km , no problems at all, just regular maintenace, had my timing belt and rear brakes replaced. Very reliable car :)

Oh yeah, slight wheel well rust issues. Thats all.

146,000 well-maintained. When she needs it, she gets it. But.... how the hell are you people pulling over 30mpg's? I can't get any better than maybe 24. I drive her hard, but even when I'm gentle on long trips I can't pull that 30 stuff.

Just turned 222k on a Silver 02 auto, averaging 29 mpg, orig. motor and trans. only thing done was some suspension work cause of the rough roads. just broke the orig. timing belt yesterday and am now replacing it.

Couple of shots of my ODO on the historic days.

Moon

Attachments

• 150000 - 9050.jpg
    150000 - 9050.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 200000.jpg
    200000.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
102k....replaced brack pads first year, 3rd set of tires,lowered suspension, everything else original....still having a lot of fun
edit: i still get around 33mpg....80mph ac on high

Last edited:
Back