What's your mileage?

What's the milage on your 3rd Gen Protege5 or Protege?

• Total voters
80,500 miles on my '02 P5. Just had timing belt, pulleys, tensioner and water pump replaced last week. Quiet as a mouse again and running great!

I should hit 190,000 today on my way home from work. I got it less than 3 years ago with 80,000 on it. I haven't replaced anything mechanical other than tires, struts, brakes, fluids, etc. Knock on wood. I have a timing belt kit and water pump waiting to go on it along with a new valve cover gasket set. I can't believe that this is still the original clutch. If it is, great!

are you still on your original belt?

Just passed 115k miles. :*( This poor car is getting old. Just had to replace my battery. Rear-passenger door-lock actuator went out. She's squealing like crazy on start-up, need to get that fixed. Right passenger caliper was seized up when I did my brakes last month.

Poor girl has been though a lot (items replaced under warranty: engine, tranny, shift linkage, five (5) door lock actuators, two (2) power window motors, front struts, alternator, battery, alternator again, winshield wiper motor, and ac control module) and I'm going to hate seeing her go once I graduate and start making the big $$$(NEW CAR!!!).

I should hit 190,000 today on my way home from work. I got it less than 3 years ago with 80,000 on it. I haven't replaced anything mechanical other than tires, struts, brakes, fluids, etc. Knock on wood. I have a timing belt kit and water pump waiting to go on it along with a new valve cover gasket set. I can't believe that this is still the original clutch. If it is, great!
wow, i'm doing the belt and all that stuff this week (i hope) anyway, i'm on the original clutch too...oh wait a min.(scratch)..mines an auto!(ghey)

I should hit 33k on my 02 by next week... don't know yet.... LOL

I was actually under 20 when this thread started (POLL)

Last edited:
I just hit 70k today.

2716528129_ece3c9d22f.jpg

i did 30k my first year with my car. im now at 120,xxx. i want to hit 200,000.

I know I've been wanting to "hit" 200K, but then I realized that it wouldn't make my car any better. It would actually make it quite used, to be exact. (second)

118k, my gas mileage is actually improving with age...? got 28.8 on the last fill up...280 miles...9.72 gals...and i did some spirited driving yesterday afternoon...playing around with a probe and stang...nothing crazy but i was in and out of boost pretty regularly on the 60 mile ride home!(yes)

118k, my gas mileage is actually improving with age...? got 28.8 on the last fill up...280 miles...9.72 gals...and i did some spirited driving yesterday afternoon...playing around with a probe and stang...nothing crazy but i was in and out of boost pretty regularly on the 60 mile ride home!(yes)

now that I can beleave vs others. I've gotten 27.7 in town with beign in the boost a few times upto tripple digits(dont worry their was no entrance to that road as in driveways or other roads for a few miles..) oddly enough the speed limit is still only 45.

193+K

runs good

got a CEL becuase i need a new cat but for $800 ill continue to wait

getting about 28 mpg

02 P5 2.0 no real mods other then tint, K&N and GromAudio Ipod adapater

thought about eh CEL Elimanator but I dont know how its going to help/effect/hurt my performance and gas mileage.

Im going to change my fuel filter sock which i think is clogged.

I dont mind the light being on.

ya, you right, but the more i think about it, it's the sensor that is tell the ecu what to do? anyway, rip the cat off, do the cel eliminator and your good to go...put that $800 into the furl account!!! ;)

Back