Whats the difference between the 2008 SP3 and the 2008.5 SP3

Minor interior changes. The trim on the center console and steering wheel controls is piano black on 08.5s grey on 08s... also the seat inserts are an alcantara like material on 08.5s, just like cloth on 08s. Gauge needles are whiteish blue on 08.5s, red on 08s. I'm sure there are a few more very minor changes like that but I cant think of them now.

Plus the addition of two new colors Crystal White Pearl, and Metropolitan Gray Mica. (removed sunlight silver, and cosmic blue)

See, it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. I think the piano black is beautiful.

Nice to have options!

I wouldn't even consider an MS3 unless it was piano black GT. It makes the others just look weak in comparison. And after looking at the new '10 MS3 it looks like they got rid of the amazing interior work of the current model :(

IMHO, the 2008 leather with cloth interior looks cheap compared to the leather and Alcantara interior with piano black trim of my 2008.5 GT.

um
I was pretty sure on the 08.5 gt it wasn't cloth, it was suede. Am I wrong on this one?

Also, visors get lights, interior door handles are chrome, and the latch on the glove box is silver.

From a post on another Mazdaspeed 3 website:

EXTERIOR ENHANCEMENTS:
Sunlight Silver and Cosmic Blue are being discontinued. That's right. If you want one of these colors: Buy now, or say goodbye. Because starting January 2008, there's a new color line up.

The new line up of colors is Black Mica, True Red, Crystal White Pearl Mica, and Metropolitan Gray Mica (a unique charcoal gray which was on the Anniversary Edition RX-8 for one year).

INTERIOR ENHANCEMENTS:
This is where things get juicy.

Everything that was once a Dark Gray trim is now being replaced with PIANO BLACK (center console, decorative strip, trim panels, switch panels, steering trim, etc.) The Decoration panel will now also include a MAZDASPEED logo. (my guess is it'll be engraved in)

All CD players are now MP3 compatible.

If anyone recalls what I said would have made the MAZDASPEED a perfect car for me back when they first came out, wins a cookie! It was the only area, I felt they could have done a little more tasteful job in. A part of the interior that would be an easy change, but kick the looks up a notch and a half and push the car into a more expensive looking catagory. Black alcantara inserts instead of the silver cloth!

That's right, the seats for the Grand Touring are now listed as black alcantara with leather bolsters.

The MAZDASPEED Logo on the trim piece above the glove box is a sticker. Many owners have taken it off because it came slanted from the factory.

Don't mean to jack this thread, but could someone do a comparison of the 08.5 vs. 09 MS3? Did they make any adjustments to the mechanics to make it anymore reliable, or patch up issues from '08s (if any existed). Just want to know if its worth getting an 09, since the 08s have $2500 customer cash. Thanks.

I`d take the $2500 discount and put it to mods!

AFAIK, the `08.5s and `09s are the same in every way, even cosmetically.

Also, visors get lights, interior door handles are chrome, and the latch on the glove box is silver.

this is the FIRST time ive seen anyone mention this, thats also good to know!

My wife likes lights in the visors (wiggle)

Back